Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rumoured new dates 2006
Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: November 15, 2005 13:04

Before making so much comments I assume first they will issue further South American dates plus (if available) Far East. I do not expect anything before December regarding European dates.
So be prepared and save up for X-Mas

Re: Rumoured new dates 2006
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 15, 2005 13:17

Looking back on the Licks tour, as reported here on IORR News:

December 2, 2002: European Tour confirmed
December 4, 2002: Australia confirmed
December 10, 2002: Japan confirmed
February 16, 2003: Hong Kong confirmed
February 21, 2003: India confirmed
March 2, 2003: Beijing and Shanghai confirmed
March 4, 2003: Bangkok confirmed

They can announce the European tour before finalizing South America, Australia, Asia...

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: November 15, 2005 13:54

OK but ist would not make sense this time, as they have already announced Mexico and Puerto Rico. So I think they will do it mostlikely different.
I am sure they will announce latest in December to boost ticket sales as a X-mas present.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 15, 2005 14:34

Even in 1998 they were still adding shows in Argentina at a few DAYS notice

..and theres nothing to state that just because theyve announced dates in mexico and Puerto Rico that the South American dates should logically be confirmed at the same time. Different countries, different promoters, different logistics

..and Puerto Rico and Mexico are in North America, anyway - they're certainly a lot closer to the US than they are to Brazil or Argentina.

The 1995, 1998 and 2003 European tours were all announced in late November/early December of the year before. No reason why it should be any different this time.

If anything, with the Stones ticket prices being so high and having to cpmpete with other attractions such as the World Cup and other touring acts who have already announced 2006 dates, its in their best interests to have the tickets onsale before Christmas.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: November 15, 2005 15:03

Borgata????

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 15, 2005 16:56

Agree with Gazza with a short announce date. But aren't the tix for the worlcup already on sale ? Which could imply for Mr.Cohl to wait a little to ascertain before to announce 4 or more dates in Germany, the greatest market for the Stones
by large ( nearly 40 % of audience at Licks Tour ).

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: November 15, 2005 17:05

40%?

Date: November 15, 2005 18:09

I was wrong : 25%. If you add up Netherland and Austria, you come up with the 40 %

Posted by: ptr ()
Date: November 15, 2005 18:49

I heard a rumour about one date in Czech Republic... Absolutely unconfirmed, and I think that it´s almost impossible... smiling smiley

late June - Czech Republic - Brno

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 15, 2005 18:59

phd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Agree with Gazza with a short announce date. But
> aren't the tix for the worlcup already on sale ?
> Which could imply for Mr.Cohl to wait a little to
> ascertain before to announce 4 or more dates in
> Germany, the greatest market for the Stones
> by large ( nearly 40 % of audience at Licks Tour
> ).

some tickets for the WC are probably on sale (I dont know for sure),probably for neutrals though. As the draw hasnt been made yet, any fans travelling to the tournament wont know what dates their 3 first phase games are, so wont really be able to plan for another 4 weeks yet.

As has been evident before, its not really a great idea to plan a show in a country whose national team happens to be playing a World Cup game that same evening.

Date: November 15, 2005 19:03

That may leave for more shows in other countries.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home