Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: Tampa show live updates - Friday 29-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 2, 2021 14:04

Witness
Rip This
Doxa
waterrats
Testify
I liked SSS, glad they played it is a song that I love.
Listening again from the video posted above, it's not even that bad, some inaccuracies that the Stones usually do especially on songs that don't often play live, but all in all I liked it.

So do I. I guess, nobody expected that glitch during the song, at least the band and Keith.

Having said that, I remember that "Ghost Town", too, met not too many positive judgements...

I saw the video of Ghost Town from Tampa just an hour or two ago and it brought tears to my eyes. IMO, they played that song almost flawlessly, and very intense. I also feel, that you must have the balls to play a song like this in this way in a stadium, slowing down the pace in front of such an audience. Respect!

The video composition, too, added much to the song, I find. Whaddya think?

But it is sad to hear the rather lame reception by the audience. I had higher hopes for "Ghost Town" to rise a bit over a normal 'latest Stones single" category, but it seem to have suffered the same fate as about any Stones single since "Start Me Up". So it's like, say, "Don't Stop", "Rough Justice" or "Doom&Gloom" - causing not much thrill when played live. A cynic in me thinks that for 'casual fans' the Stones shows since 2012 have been especially attractive, since they know that the band will not play any odd songs from a new album....

- Doxa

without a doubt the playing of Ghost Town was an absolute highlight and lowlight for me...highlight because the song live is awesome..the groove is great and the band loved playing it...it was executed perfectly...lowlight...because people ran for the aisles and the bathroom and for food....knowing the hits were right around the corner....back to the same old same old....what a disappointment that was.

It is casual fans like those, who contribute drastically to reduce the incentives for the band to finish any new album. Casual fans that actually want to reduce the Rolling Stones to the museum over themselves that they have been for many years, however how grand, where they otherwise not only for years, but for decades could have created new music and played some of it live.

Yes, it is a shame. The Stones have one of the greatest back catalogues at all. Only counted what is released. And they play the same Greatest Hits collections over the years. Okay, one or two new ones, but that is forgotten soon. For me as die hard fan it would be very interesting if they would be performing unknown gems like Heart of Stone, Mercy, Mercy, Confessing the Blues, Sitting on a Fence, No Expectations, Coming Down Again, Time Waits for No One (with MT of course), Till the Next Goodbye and many others more.

Re: Tampa show live updates - Friday 29-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: November 2, 2021 18:32

It was an amazing show! I had skipped the last few tours, but this time I was really excited to see them. And then the passing of Charlie, may he Rest In Peace, put me on a rollercoaster ride and really made me realize how much I missed them! I am so glad I went! Street Fighting Man was a great opener. As Keith started playing, Mick was swinging his hips, and making his scowly/growly face and had that crazy yet cute look on his face that we all love…..I knew we were in for a great night! Beast of Burden has always been one of my favorite songs and it was so great and such a surprise to hear it live. I absolutely loved it! I was hoping Worried About You would be played but Far Away Eyes was a close second and did not disappoint. These songs were the highlight for me. It’s another one of my favorites and Mick was incredible on it. Ghost Town was another highlight. It’s a great blues tune and loved the theatrics. I didn’t notice people leaving for refreshments from where I was but I think they had a good sing a long with a large crowd. It was such a big crowd that even with people leaving there were still thousands getting into it. I heard this song on the radio right before the tour started and thought it would be great in a stadium so I had high expectations…….and thought it was fabulous. YCAGWYW is a warhorse I never tire of,it’s just so beautiful, but people were singing, almost chanting, from the very first word so I could not hear Mick. That was such a bummer as the show was not heavy on ballads…and being the Mick fan that I am I really wanted to hear him. People singing extremely loudly throughout the night was an issue but how can you be mad? Lol I thought Miss You was really good and liked how Mick got Daryl out there. Mick’s guitar could be heard too so that was a treat! SSS has never been a favorite and seemed kind of random when there are so many songs to chose from but it was fun. Keith messed up majorly but I’m used to it! Overall I thought Keith played great as did Ronnie and the rest of the band. They all seemed more mentally into it or something. Like a lot of you,I wish for a much different set list but they played these songs great There is definitely a different sound with Steve, not bad just different. To me it seems faster but not rushed. But played their hearts out on every song and gave each tune its due time. It was quite a night! I’ll never forget!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-02 18:37 by TrulyMicks1.

Posted by: Markbot ()
Date: November 2, 2021 21:04

I just shared my recording on Dime.

Enjoy!

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 2, 2021 22:23

thanks markbot could someone who knows how to use dime post it here on we transfer for us dummys
i'd really appreciate it

Posted by: bvaught ()
Date: November 4, 2021 17:26

The Tampa show was an experience we shall remember well. The Section J floor seats were hard to see the stage clearly due to all the raised arms, hands, phones. Steve Jordan played well and played some of the songs like Charlie. He also played huge 17" hi-hats and drove the band very well. There will never be another drummer like Charlie. Mick Jagger is unstoppable. Ronnie and Keith are Rock and Roll treasures. It is still amazing we are able to see and hear The Rolling Stones Live for 60 years running. The Uber drivers were loading cash riders and leaving before their booked riders arrived. Life goes on and on. A few HX99 shots from the show are below.
Long live the Stones!
Thank you!
bv

bv

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-09 16:50 by bvaught.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home