Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

bigger bang review
Posted by: ddurando150 ()
Date: November 14, 2005 03:27

Editorial reviews
5 stars out of 5 - What makes A BIGGER BANG so terrific is the Stones turning the clock back to the raw bravado of their prime and partying like it's 1972.
Uncut

4.5 out of 5 stars - ...A BIGGER BANG is just a straight-up, damn fine Rolling Stones albums, with no qualifiers or apologies necessary...
Rolling Stone

3 stars out of 5 - [A]rguably their most satisfying work since 1978's SOME GIRLS....[With] more spontaneous-sounding numbers that thrive on Charlie's authoritative tub-thumping and Keith and Ronnie's raucous, dovetailing guitars.
Mojo

Re: bigger bang review
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: November 14, 2005 03:43

"4.5 out of 5 stars - ...A BIGGER BANG is just a straight-up, damn fine Rolling Stones albums, with no qualifiers or apologies necessary...
Rolling Stone "

Gotta agree there, although I think I'd give it a 4 instead of 4.5

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: November 14, 2005 19:24

I give it a 4 out of 5.

One way I can tell it's good is that it feels shorter to me than SW, VL & B2B even though it is actually longer. When ABB hits Infamy I still want more as opposed to those others where I'm ready for them to be done by the last 3 or 4 songs or else I just skip through for the few I like.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 14, 2005 20:13

Mojo should shut the @#$%& up! All this crap about "best work since Some Girls". Forget about the past already! You can't compare them. I'd be more likely to put on A Bigger Bang but if I'd make a top 10 of Stones albums Some Girls would end up allot higher. Just rate the music!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home