Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: brown sugar studio guitar
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:57

sundevil
the question is what guitar keith used for "brown sugar"? i thought this was known. it's the white SG he used for the opener at the jan. '73 LA show. he's mentioned it in interviews before.

Keith didn't get the custom until rehearsals for Nicaragua Benefit in January 1973.

Mathijs

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:07

Three guitars, with a contender I forgot about: Tele, ES-330, and in the far right (likely) Taylor's SG.

Keith used the ES-330 for the recording of Honky Tonk Women and the first versions of Loving Cup and of course Hyde Park. They took it along the 1969 tour, don't know by heart if it was tuned 5 or 6 string then.

Mathijs

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 5, 2021 15:55

This type of discussion is the primary reason I love this site.
My wife will sometimes ask me, 'What are you reading over there,' and I'll say, 'There's a great discussion about what trousers Keith was wearing when he was arrested in Arkansas in 1975.'

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 5, 2021 16:24

wonderboy
This type of discussion is the primary reason I love this site.
My wife will sometimes ask me, 'What are you reading over there,' and I'll say, 'There's a great discussion about what trousers Keith was wearing when he was arrested in Arkansas in 1975.'

Hopefully not the see-thru Dan Armstrong slacks!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home