Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: LA Times review - Angel Stadium
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 7, 2005 23:26

they dont just need brand new songs in the set, they also need
new songs as in songs they have never done or hardly have done,not just flip
the songs in the set around to make it look different, they need too really
change the songs, not just the order of songs

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: November 8, 2005 00:56

On Bowie's last tour he played close to half of his new album the first half of the set, and everyone seemed to know the songs, and the energy level of the crowd never faltered. He's been around almost as long as the Stones... I wonder if many Stones fans are just too lazy to be bothered with new stuff - and the Stones know it.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 8, 2005 17:33

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they dont just need brand new songs in the set,
> they also need
> new songs as in songs they have never done or
> hardly have done,not just flip
> the songs in the set around to make it look
> different, they need too really
> change the songs, not just the order of songs

Correct. These days variety amounts to opening with JJF instead of SMU. Woo-hoo!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 8, 2005 17:52

I haven't seen a show this tour yet and only listened to a couple of boots from this tour but i agree with the LA Times review. He has a lot of good points!
The point some of you make about a bigger bang not selling like a million in it's first week so you don't play so many songs from it nonesence i think. It is exactly what you should do!!! If you want to sell your album, play a lot of songs from it so that the audience who doesn't have the album will say "wow, great songs, are they on there new album? I must have that one!!!".

The big problem the are dealing with on every tour is that they have to many songs to choose from wich leads to all of here who are complaining that they haven't heard Winter yet or any other song that hasn't been played live before. But i must say that i think if, like Jagger stated in an intervieuw, you don't want to be a nostalgica act you must make new music and PLAY new music!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home