Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 8, 2021 17:27

jahisnotdead
Is there a final, mostly agreed upon list of dates for these tracks yet?

WIP -> [iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 8, 2021 17:41

NICOS
Rank Stranger
From the Irish Sun:

[www.thesun.ie]

With comments from iorr members

that how 'journalism' works today…

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 8, 2021 18:03

Mathijs
NilsHolgersson
STONES UNTURNED Treasure trove of 50 unreleased Rolling Stones songs mysteriously emerges online

[www.thesun.ie]

Apparently 500 actual factory-pressed CDs have been pressed costing around £50 each for the 3CD release.

Hockenheim95 wrote: “this stuff is soooooooooooo amazing! in this stunning quality it must have been stolen from the digital archives of the rolling stones.

Mathijs wrote: “It’s fantastic, and it all sounds very much like it is remixed and mastered recently, Perhaps for the current Deluxe reissues.”

U2Stonesfans wrote: “I do not see how the band could not be in on this release somehow. Or they have a thief with access to the vault amongst their inner circle. This stuff is fantastic!. I’m dedicating my day to listening to this gem of a release!”

Deardoctor wrote: “This is really D-day for us collectors. So great. What an amazing sound quality!”

Cristiano Radtke wrote: “Event of the year and THE best Stones bootleg in years. Many many thanks to all the people involved.”

A spokesman for the Rolling Stones declined to comment.

thumbs up

As I have said many times before: The Sun is the best newspaper in the world. Better than the New York Times. Great newspaper. True quality newspaper.

Mathijs

Sweet summer Sun!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 8, 2021 18:08

TravelinMan
These outtakes aren’t fully finished, there are many “vowel movements” to be heard.

Did you mean bowel movements? Definitely on the song Dog Shit! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 8, 2021 18:18

I vote for the theory that Stones Inc. released the material to extend copyrights and create buzz for some future product.
While the Stones core audience is aging, the estate might be counting on a future revival market.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2021 18:30

wonderboy

I vote for the theory that Stones Inc. released the material to extend copyrights and create buzz for some future product.

On this 3CD most tracks are (way) younger than 50 years and copyright-preservation won't be via Bootleg ....

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 8, 2021 19:00

Silver Dagger
TravelinMan
These outtakes aren’t fully finished, there are many “vowel movements” to be heard.

Did you mean bowel movements? Definitely on the song Dog Shit! >grinning smiley<

Ha!

Date: March 8, 2021 19:05

wonderboy
While the Stones core audience is aging, the estate might be counting on a future revival market.

you can't extend copyrights by releasing songs on a bootleg/unofficial release.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 8, 2021 19:29

I can't see no one else beside you, best "new wave" stones after shattered, really digging it
Built That Way great too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-08 19:44 by maumau.

Date: March 8, 2021 19:30

Iorr members quoted by TheSun.

So visiting this site when researching about Stones news is done by one of the.
most famous papers....

That's a hit.!!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 8, 2021 19:34

slewan
wonderboy

Unless you make it perfectly clear that you, as a copyright holder, are behind this release. But then it's no "bootleg/unofficial release" anymore...
So if the Stones are behind all this as some here suggest, they have to come out of hiding from behind the curtain one day if copyright extension was their intent!

In addition to that, copyright extension releases only make sense for material where copyright expiration is near. That, however, is only the case for a few early 1970's tracks here.

Date: March 8, 2021 19:40

retired_dog
slewan
wonderboy

Unless you make it perfectly clear that you, as a copyright holder, are behind this release. But then it's no "bootleg/unofficial release" anymore...
So if the Stones are behind all this as some here suggest, they have to come out of hiding from behind the curtain one day if copyright extension was their intent!

In addition to that, copyright extension releases only make sense for material where copyright expiration is near. That, however, is only the case for a few early 1970's tracks here.

I'm not sure that a kind of future 'coming out' will work. If this was an option anybody could claim copyrights for stuff that was had been released in the past on more or less anonymously released bootlegs. So if they wanted to extend their copyright, they could have put their logo etc. on the CDs and put them out as a release limited to a few hundred copies (just like Bob Dylan does more or less every year)

Posted by: grandmeaulne ()
Date: March 8, 2021 20:42

Hi, I can't seem to find the tracks on traditional DL sites like Dime, TradersDen. Any suggestion? Thanks

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 8, 2021 20:43

Silver Dagger
TravelinMan

Keith and Keith call Mick's singing of nonsense sounds to the melody "vowel movements". Mick does this until words come to him. Some great examples on these songs.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: March 8, 2021 20:49

Hi folks,

It's all on You Tube [www.youtube.com]

Enjoy it !

Alain

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 8, 2021 20:49

Elmo Lewis
Silver Dagger
TravelinMan

Keith and Keith call Mick's singing of nonsense sounds to the melody "vowel movements". Mick does this until words come to him. Some great examples on these songs.

Ronnie and Ronnie say that as well winking smiley
Some excellent examples here, I agree.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 8, 2021 21:02

cimaz
Hi folks,

It's all on You Tube [www.youtube.com]

Enjoy it !

Alain

Account terminated in 3.. 2.. 1..

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: March 8, 2021 21:10

Thanks to these outtakes, I've been able to re-visit 'Dirty Work' today.

I pulled out Hold Back and Too Rude, replaced them with Strictly Memphis and Deep Love, and now it's a classic Stones album smiling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 8, 2021 21:23

bakersfield
Thanks to these outtakes, I've been able to re-visit 'Dirty Work' today.

I pulled out Hold Back and Too Rude, replaced them with Strictly Memphis and Deep Love, and now it's a classic Stones album smiling smiley

thumbs up
This my Dirty Work revisited:

One Hit
Fight
Harlem Shuffle
Hold Back
She Never Listen To Me
Deep Love
Dirty Work
Had it with you
Sleep Tonight
Nobody's Perfect

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-08 21:25 by KRiffhard.

Date: March 8, 2021 21:30

do they realize that with stuff like sanctuary they become instantly contemporary again? contemporary yet classic
it baffles me they don't realize how strong this little funk is, black and blue as it can be
sanctuary and desperate man is a terrific one-two punch in the chest, what the hell is wrong with them that we got hearts for sale or blinded by rainbows or.. and not these
add praire love
it is a one-two-three

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-08 21:40 by maumau.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: March 8, 2021 21:35

Anyone have a list of songs that were on YouTube but were not part of the download? I listened to several...but they're all pulled now.

Just wondering how many "new" songs we actually got...certainly more than 50!

Also...when is set 2 & 3 coming? I am seriously jonesing for all of it right now.

Date: March 8, 2021 22:00

might as well get juiced, already a fav, here savage
they could have been an effing fab band in the eighties/nineties, way much more than the official records tell

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 8, 2021 22:10

NilsHolgersson
my YouTube channel ... banned

Sorry your channel got shut down.

When this happened to my own YouTube channel a few years ago, it was after Prince died and I posted a few Prince videos that I had on my hard drive (like "1999" ) in sad tribute. My channel was terminated few days later, after complaints from "Web Sheriff"

I was advised by YouTune’s legal team that “There are two ways to resolve your copyright strikes and restore your account.” One of the ways mentioned was to ask the claimant to retract their claims of copyright infringement.

So I contacted the claimant via an email mea culpa and agreed to delete the offending videos.

Then I contacted YouTube and got my account restored.

Good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-08 22:10 by schillid.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 8, 2021 22:15

Very kind of the Stones to gift us with all of these even though they probably didn't intend to be so generous - I sort of feel bad they're not getting any more of my money for them though.winking smiley lol.............
And amazing how big this story has become in the last five days - not only here amongst the fans, but also in the press/amongst the general public...it's all been very exciting with plenty to digest.
Beyond curious as to what else is in store amongst the mass leakage, and all I keep thinking is more, more, more...being greedy as hell, and why not...bring it on...

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: March 8, 2021 22:19

maumau
I can't see no one else beside you, best "new wave" stones after shattered, really digging it
Built That Way great too

Totally agree, Built That Way is awesome!

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 8, 2021 22:20

Hairball
all I keep thinking is more, more, more...being greedy as hell, and why not...bring it on...

lol, I'm right there with you on that. I keep checking this thread and forum every day, hoping that the next hundred songs suddenly hit the net.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 8, 2021 22:23

schillid
NilsHolgersson
my YouTube channel ... banned

Sorry your channel got shut down.

When this happened to my own YouTube channel a few years ago, it was after Prince died and I posted a few Prince videos that I had on my hard drive (like "1999" ) in sad tribute. My channel was terminated few days later, after complaints from "Web Sheriff"

I was advised by YouTune’s legal team that “There are two ways to resolve your copyright strikes and restore your account.” One of the ways mentioned was to ask the claimant to retract their claims of copyright infringement.

So I contacted the claimant via an email mea culpa and agreed to delete the offending videos.

Then I contacted YouTube and got my account restored.

Good luck.

Thanks. Well it said that there could be severe legal consequences if I wanted to counter their claims so I'm not going to do that. I only uploaded some outtakes to share with fans, I wasn't making a profit or anything, so I don't wanna risk it, I walked away before they made me run!

Date: March 8, 2021 22:32

Wowwwwwwwwwww so many questions. First enjoy

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 8, 2021 23:06

sdstonesguy
Anyone have a list of songs that were on YouTube but were not part of the download? I listened to several...but they're all pulled now.

Just wondering how many "new" songs we actually got...certainly more than 50!

Also...when is set 2 & 3 coming? I am seriously jonesing for all of it right now.

There was nothing "more" on the YT channel that got pulled, well there were other outtakes but they'd been available for years, like "Honest Man" that appeared in 1996 on Voodoo Stew.

How about digesting I to III before wanting the rest especially if you need to brush up on unreleased songs ? ;-) And a new song is only new...once !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 8, 2021 23:12

nearly four hours worth still there on youtube.

jb

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home