Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: ABB Thoughts of expectations
Posted by: masseolle ()
Date: November 6, 2005 00:39

As a stones fanatic for the last 4 decades I must say I did not expext that much really. If I go back the last ten years or so Voodo Lounge was quite OK. Too ong though. Some very good tunes and some that could have been better. I liked that more than I liked BTB though. From that record I only play a couple of songs now and then. Then came BB along. I must confess that it really blew my mind! I habe bought this for a lot of old friends a used to like the Stones but being in their mid 50´s they have really gorgotten all about Rock and music! They liked it a lot. They all said what the hell this is great!! "Even" my wife (who have bveen with me to many Stones concerts over the years) loves it. Especially Laugh.. and Biggest Mistake. Great songs that already means a lot for me. The rockers are great RJ is one of the better starts for an album since Starts Me up in -81! Great stuff! So why always comapre with the past glories. Of course BB is no Sticky or Beggars but what were you expecting?? If I compare BB with for example McCartneys latest BB toatlly blows it away. McCartney is an absolute bore. Even another (younger) god like The Boss fails in comparison I believe. Devils and Dust is a brillinat record for the most part but I must confess I feel a little bir bored with it now! Yoo earnest maybe. So for god´s sake let us all love Mick and the boys for what they have given us over the years and also give them credit that they still can makle it!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1453
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home