Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Emotional Rescue.......its growing on me
Posted by: darryljones ()
Date: November 1, 2005 15:27

Before, I found this albun like one of the emptiests of their carrer. However now it is deeply growing on me. I am a bass player and IMO its bill wyman best effort as a bassit (plus the funky-disco-punk-reggae era, when bass players could demostrate more there skill) Sorry to that album, now I now how enjoyable it´s to hear it. IMO its the continue of black and blue,a lot of fun to hear both, ONE AFTER THE OTHER.
FUNK.-REGGAE-DISCO-AND ROCK AND ROLL

Re: Emotional Rescue.......its growing on me
Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: November 1, 2005 15:32

right darryljones, i absolutely love that album! dance, all about you, let me go, summer romance, down in the hole! i love the stones when they play different music from their standard, as funky, raggae or punk.

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: November 1, 2005 16:07

I enjoy it as well. Its different not as terrible as portrayed. It has to grow on you for sure. Did not like at all at first. I can see why many don't care for. Although like a lot not in my top tier of catalogue. wow positive thread of emotional?????? more will disagree with us following thread Here we Go: MEZ

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: November 1, 2005 16:50

Love the record although I can do without the tinny sound of Indian Girl...an otherwise good sad slow number.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't ER the album where Keith did something like 90 takes on Where The Boys Go just to get what seems like a simple riff right?

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 1, 2005 16:59

It took you 25 years but better late then never! I agree, great, funky album. Very laid back.

Date: November 1, 2005 17:01

Have always liked ER and never understood all of the bashing.

Date: November 1, 2005 18:28

I like it, too. It's one of my top Stones albums.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: November 1, 2005 18:31

I gave it a listen again about 6 months ago, first time in many years but to be honest I felt the same about it, that it is a decent album with a few standout tracks but I think the following two albums were much better.

Posted by: Local27 ()
Date: November 1, 2005 19:53

One of my favorite Stones albums.

"I'm the bleeding volcano"

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: November 1, 2005 19:56

Great album. Was probably viewed as dissapointment at time since it followed Some Girls which was huge. I love that Bill Wyman is front and center on ER but at the same time I think it would sound edgier if guitars were up more.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: November 1, 2005 23:23

Always dug this album but thought that the drums were almost too loud on alot of the tunes. She's So Cold wouldve been much cooler had the guitars and bass been slightly more upfront. Aside from the sound mixing, the album is killer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home