Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What's your ultimate Stones moment?
Posted by: Devyn ()
Date: November 1, 2005 03:40

Mine was Philly, First Union center, Licks tour, when they played "Love in Vain". It's always been my favorite song and it was the first and last time I've heard them perform it live. (Live meaning at a show that I was actually at) the mood was right, albeit, slightly enhanced, and I was w/ my wife and another couple who we really love. Plus Ronnie was on that nite (the whole tour) and he nailed the slide. Give's me chills thinkin bout it.

Re: What's your ultimate Stones moment?
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 1, 2005 10:46

B2B tour, (/no security tour?), at Valle Hovin, Oslo, 1998, when they played Love Is Strong, -no doubt about it.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: November 1, 2005 11:17

The evening of June 28th this year.

Meeting Keith coming out of Ocean Way stduios on the final night of mixing for A Bigger Bang. Talking with him for 4-5 minutes, as he signed 4 things for me and 5 for my friend who was with me. He then posed for photos with each of us. As I walked to him, he reached out his arm and put it around me. He was extremely kind to us and was very alert and coherent as well. After he left, Don Was came out, told us a bit about the album and played us She Saw Me Coming and told us we were the first people in the world to hear it.

Just an amazing night, and this came after 2 nights of being able to meet Mick, talk to him one on one and have him sign things for me as well.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: November 1, 2005 11:43

Opening in Stockholm 1995, Not fade away.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: November 1, 2005 11:45

When they played She smiled sweetly at Roseland NY 2002.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 1, 2005 11:57

The first time at the B-stage. The stage came down and there they were, just 2m away.

Date: November 1, 2005 14:39

Bill Wyman played the bass just for only me (in Oslo 1990)! Tumbling @#$%&' Dice forever!

Posted by: Larso ()
Date: November 1, 2005 15:42

The opening of Start me up in Oslo, august 90..my first show..the big fire bang on the beginning totaly blew me away...

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 1, 2005 16:02

Wembley - 11 & 12 .06.1999

Magic. The first time I saw the Stones in UK

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 1, 2005 17:23

I have 2.

When they played Little Queenie in 1998 the first time I saw them. They were right in front of me. That was what got me hooked. It was so awesome I nearly cried.....

When Mick and Keef started going out on the stage wings in 2003 right in front of me.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: November 1, 2005 17:32

My ultimate Stones moment?

When I got my last VISA statement......

Karl

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 1, 2005 19:24

Hmmmm, that's a tough one. I guess it would have to be when I first saw them come out on stage at my first show on October 18th, 1981. Electric! But my favorite concert was October 29th, 1994 in Oakland. My friend and I were walking on air after that one!

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: November 1, 2005 19:25

It's only rock'n roll at Stockholm Cirkus 23rd July 2003!

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 1, 2005 19:29

the whole "phenomenon" of my first stones show at anaheim stadium 1978...and i was pumped-up from some girls!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 1, 2005 19:34

1st ever 2nd stage. keith and charlie high5-ed me on the way down!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2423
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home