Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Lisa Fischer w/String Cheese Incident - Gimme Shelter
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 12, 2020 22:03

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-13 10:38 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: October 13, 2020 00:10

Erik_Snow
I can't understand the obsess with Lisa Fisher's "Gimme Shelter". There are far better female-vocalists out there for that track. The studio version by Clayton is one.

I would not compare the studio and the live.

Merry Clayton performance is outstanding but imho Lisa Fisher is doing good live on it.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 13, 2020 01:24

She guests with this band and of all the songs they could do they do Gimme Shelter instead of something else, considering the amount of artists she's worked with.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 13, 2020 02:30

GasLightStreet
She guests with this band and of all the songs they could do they do Gimme Shelter instead of something else, considering the amount of artists she's worked with.

And it was a perfect choice.. place rocked.
The bigger issue would be having Lisa guest and not do Gimme Shelter.

She also did Killing Me Softly if that helps winking smiley, as well as joining the rest for a Marley cover, Get Up Stand Up.

Gimme Shelter (Rolling Stones) ­– Lisa Fischer on vocals
Rock Steady (Aretha Franklin) – Jen Hartswick on vocals and trumpet
Proud Mary (Tina Turner’s version) – Rhonda Thomas on vocals
Killing Me Softly (Robert Flack) – Lisa Fischer on vocals
Respect (Aretha Franklin) – Rhonda Thomas on vocals
Valerie (Amy Whinehouse) – Rhonda Thomas on vocals
Heartbreaker (Pat Benatar) – Jen Hartswick on vocals and trumpet
Politician (Cream) – Ann Wilson on vocals
Barracuda (Heart) – Ann Wilson on vocals
Get Up Stand Up (Bob Marley) – allllll the women of the galaxy!
[thesouthernrambler.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 13, 2020 09:02

Erik_Snow
MonkeyMan2000
Erik_Snow

Sexy?You should be locked in.

And voice?

I am a man - or a boy, whatever, and I can throw Fisher off of the stage at any time.

What is this? Please...
It's all going to hell, and I'm sorry

I’d quite happily be locked-in with Lisa.

Anyway, recognising sexiness in someone doesn’t necessarily equate to personal, physical attraction. She simply had an aura about her when onstage alongside Mick. There was a lingering, suggestive chemistry. I sense there’s less of that with Sasha Allen. Perhaps it’d have developed - and still might - in time.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 13, 2020 20:32

GasLightStreet

She sang this song with the Stones for a quarter of a century. This song is a big part of her professional life. I am glad she loves the song enough to still perform it.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 13, 2020 21:41

Big Al

I’d quite happily be locked-in with Lisa.

Anyway, recognising sexiness in someone doesn’t necessarily equate to personal, physical attraction. She simply had an aura about her when onstage alongside Mick. There was a lingering, suggestive chemistry. I sense there’s less of that with Sasha Allen. Perhaps it’d have developed - and still might - in time.

Was at a Lisa show at a club in Seattle (w another poster here DaveG) where we were seated nearly onstage. During the shows she leaned down and held my face in her hands (Dave's as well, earlier) while singing.
Gotta admit I was a little embarrassed with the spotlight etc., but yeah.. she still has a very sexy aura as well as sweet.

Seat view.. (wish we had filmed the encounters cool smiley)

Love Sasha.. (was fortunate to be in attendance when Lisa "passed the torch" to her where they sang Wild Horses together.
Both more stunning in person.

Best performance of Gimme Shelter since Lisa imo.. in Miami 2019.
Stunning.

Photo by Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 14, 2020 08:51

What a moment that must’ve been, MisterDDDD grinning smiley

I do think Sasha Allen is absolutely gorgeous. I hope her and Mick are able to further develop the onstage chemistry. He and Lisa Fischer had years to develop and hone their act; and some togetherness that appeared absolutely natural and instinctive. Both are great women to be celebrated.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: October 14, 2020 16:44

That was amazing. Her voice and range are stil awesome. Gimme Shelter reflects the volatile timea in 1969 that are even more relevant in 2020. Those of us in the US are fearful of a dark march to facism. This song certainly relects the current state and timee we are in. The show was refreshing and different. It was like a Toulouse-Lautrec painting come to life.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 14, 2020 18:10

PhillyFAN
That was amazing. Her voice and range are stil awesome. Gimme Shelter reflects the volatile timea in 1969 that are even more relevant in 2020. Those of us in the US are fearful of a dark march to facism. This song certainly relects the current state and timee we are in. The show was refreshing and different. It was like a Toulouse-Lautrec painting come to life.

Why always these extremes? It's either leftwing "chaos & disorder" or rightwing "dark march to facism"... Isn't it possible to be a bit more factual and mature?

But probably Lisa turning GS into an opera fits to these times...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home