Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Another reissue goodie: Tumbling Dice (Live / Forest National Arena, Brussels / 17/10/73)
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 12, 2020 14:39

Erik_Snow
Chris Fountain
I have not other versions of the Brussels' 73 concert. How does the GHS Reissue compare to the bootlegs as far as clarity is concerned?

How slow can you be? Are you joking?

I never download bootlegs. Now if bootleg content is presented on YouTube, for example, then it is "on them." In the past, we have discussed this topic in the iorr.org forum about rights. However, that dead horse is buried and not worthy of any more discussion. I asked a simple question that's all.

Re: Another reissue goodie: Tumbling Dice (Live / Forest National Arena, Brussels / 17/10/73)
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 12, 2020 14:52

Chris Fountain
I asked a simple question that's all.

And it's been answered 100 of times here

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 12, 2020 14:57

It seems that this officially released Brussels Affair is a bit of a bastardisation. They should've just released the evening performance in it's entirety and titled the release something else. It shouldn't have mattered that Taylor didn't solo during All Down The Line. They've meddled with the uniqueness of the live performance, in mt opinion.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 12, 2020 15:01

Erik_Snow
Chris Fountain
I asked a simple question that's all.

And it's been answered 100 of times here

Thanks!!! I will go back and read previous posts -

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 12, 2020 18:45

Yes I realized one of the original boots was Bedspring Symphony, I bought that when it first came out but had already recorded the broadcast on reel to reel. But since they are referencing a *specific* boot by the title, thats what I was comparing it to.

Sorry Rockman, inquiring minds want to know.

Still puzzled since I thought Glimmer Twins mixed the KBFH broadcast specifically for the show (not sure where i read that a long time ago, maybe Heylin's book?), so why would Keith say he was surprised at the quality of the bootleg? Maybe he meant the actual pressing of the record being commercial quality?

jb

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 12, 2020 18:53

Has it ever been explained why the Stones decided to bastardise the album? Why they went for the evening performance? Personally, I enjoy both releases - the ‘genuine’ Brussels bootleg - and the official release. I just wish they’d have labelled the official release differently!

Date: September 12, 2020 19:02

Big Al
Has it ever been explained why the Stones decided to bastardise the album? Why they went for the evening performance? Personally, I enjoy both releases - the ‘genuine’ Brussels bootleg - and the official release. I just wish they’d have labelled the official release differently!

don't ask, please, it's the best release EVER from that camp

Date: September 12, 2020 19:06

...and who cares about "Hampton 81" for instance, we had it on video and sounds for 40 years in perfect quality. Brussels is a concert we never heard before. So: thank you, you bastards.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home