Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Tracktalk: All the Rage
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: September 13, 2020 17:46

This is a fun song to which to listen, though I must admit that I do not enjoy Jagger's "late period" vocal style of sharp enunciations as much as I enjoy the style of the 70s and even those up thru ABB.

Still, it's nice to hear another unreleased track from 1972-1973, and we'll always be happy to get whatever table scraps the band will toss us, right? This song sounds less like a GHS outtake than a hybrid Stones recreation track, much like I found to be the case with some of the Exile bonus trax (Following the River, Dancing in the Light, and, oh yes, Plundered My Soul come to mind), I find that Jagger's vox sound like exactly what they are - Mick of today singing over a 48-year old backing track. He's trying so so so so hard!

So, while I enjoy listening to All the Rage, it's the Plundered My Soul of the GHS reissue.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: December 26, 2021 19:40

Just listened to this perfect Boxing Day music to blow the cobwebs away.
I love the drums and everything. Lead guitar….. yes slightly harsh Jagger vocal… but overall it’s Great!!!!!

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: December 26, 2021 19:42

What a pleasure it is to listen to Charlie’s crisp drumming… a brilliant legacy indeed!!!
Happy Boxing Day to everyone …. Play your Stones records loud!!!

Posted by: guezeg ()
Date: December 28, 2021 22:03

It seems to me that BS riff, on time 3 and 4, sounds very much like time 1 and 2 of Criss Cross' riff

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 29, 2021 12:02

nick1970
Just listened to this perfect Boxing Day music to blow the cobwebs away.
I love the drums and everything. Lead guitar….. yes slightly harsh Jagger vocal… but overall it’s Great!!!!!

I'll go along w/ this!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home