Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Blind Faith - Under My Thumb
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 11, 2020 16:36

Add 13 years and this is what we get: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 11, 2020 18:48

TheGreek
Steve Winwood who I believe was in his late teens at this time

He was 21 at that time, so almost his late teens. Definitely young. But Mick Taylor was (is) even younger. smiling smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 11, 2020 18:50

LieB
Ross
A Tele with a Strat neck. I din't recall seeing him play that guitar anywhere except that Hyde Park gig, any other footage of that ax?

He did play it with Blind Faith in Helsinki 1969 at least. Which was in December, so obviously after Hyde Park.

More pics and info:
[ollio.mbnet.fi]

Overall, he used a very cool collection of guitars on the Blind Faith tour: ES-335, Firebird, Tele, LP, ... maybe goes with the fact that he was in a bit of a "searching" mode artistically at that point between Cream and solo.
Fantastic image ! The most elegantly and most decadently stoned out Eric Clapton ( my most favorite Virtuoso guitarist )

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 11, 2020 18:52

LieB
TheGreek

He was 21 at that time, so almost his late teens. Definitely young. But Mick Taylor was (is) even younger. smiling smiley
Mr. Taylor was 19 when he joined the twins ?

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: June 12, 2020 13:30

TheGreek
You know what I love the Hyde Park performance . To me Blind Faith were firing on all cylinders . Eric Clapton can play no matter what and as many have mentioned that he was stoned and so what , it didn't look like he missed any notes to me and he did play a nice proper solo on UMT . Ginger Baker aka Peter Edward Ginger Baker knows how to play the skins and is all over them . Steve Winwood who I believe was in his late teens at this time has a most soulful voice drenched in the blues and his work on the B3 Hammond Organ is right up there with all of them that have tickled the ivories and Rick Gretch was keeping a pulsating pounding bass beat . This was a super group of 4 ubber talented musicians in there prime . I wish I was there to witness this most historical performance .

What a wonderfully Positive Post.

The YouTube clip of Well Alright, followed by Sea of Joy and then Six Feet Underground is just a great sequence which has just about all you need as an inspirational tonic.

On the latter they make it look so easy. Let the Airwaves Flow.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 12, 2020 16:34

German / dutch music mag Musik Express from that time had some really nice pics of Mick and Marianne standing face to face in the crowd.
Mick in his blue jacket.
Unfortunately still can't post them here.

Does anyone know?
They both look nice, particularly in one of those photos.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 12, 2020 17:27

TheGreek
LieB
TheGreek

Mr. Taylor was 19 when he joined the twins ?

He was 20. Born January 1949

Taylor May have been younger than Winwood, but the latter was having #1 singles aged 17!

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: June 28, 2020 19:43

Whether you are in an Emotional soup or in need of a Goats Head rescue this I again suggest this concert's vibe as a remedial diversion and Sunday tonic.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home