Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: February 15, 2020 05:20

JadedFaded
I am really bummed. All I wanted this tour was one pit ticket for San Diego. On Wednesday's presale, I could have (unless someone else would have "beat me to it") VIP pit, but I thought for once in my life, I won't panic and I'll hold out for face pit. I regret that big time now.

I think you will always have the opportunity to buy $500+ tickets. That is easy. Last year PITs dropped in the days and weeks coming up to the shows. Be patient. You will get your ticket. The pros here always say DONT PANIC. I tried for dips too and got zip. So I will wait and buy later.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: February 15, 2020 06:02

Is $466 per ticket for pit considered face value? That's what I got for Detroit on Ronnie's side.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 15, 2020 06:34

Yes pretty much.

Date: February 15, 2020 06:36

Topi
Yes pretty much.

Thanks, Topi!

Date: February 15, 2020 06:58

seems the actual face value for pits, and the fees, vary a little city by city. Last year I remember Glendale pits were lowest at 442+fees.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: February 15, 2020 09:07

I hope you’re right, kv2915. I am trying not to panic. San Diego being the only west coast US show is why I am worried.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 15, 2020 10:55

I paid 592.65 CAD for my Vancouver Pit 1 ticket.

Must be the cheapest of the tour this time.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: February 15, 2020 11:28

"Is $466 per ticket for pit considered face value? That's what I got for Detroit on Ronnie's side."

I paid 928 US $ for a pit ticket on TM but it's not stating anywhere that it is a VIP ticket with the usual on-the-side-stuff.

Did anybody else pay around this much for a pit ticket? It feels a bit much considering all lot of you fellow IORRians seems to have gotten them for a bit less?
smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 11:30 by MadMax.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: February 15, 2020 11:46

What Ticketmaster is doin‘ here is
a redicilous game.
„Ticket prices fluctuate depending on
demand“ -that‘s exactly what scalpers
do. Since ever. So Ticketmaster has emerged
to the biggest Scalper on this planet.
I know I have to wait till showtime
comes nearer.
Exactly the same thing I have to to with scalpers in front of
the stadium!
Buying a ticket was joy in the 80ies
and 90ies and 2000ers.
But now - in the US, Europe is different and
still ok - it is just demoralising and
rude and respectless.

in front of the stadium...

Date: February 15, 2020 11:51

Cheers mate! Guess that's the name of the game thenconfused smiley I didn't wanna take my chances so I bought a pit ticket right away as I am flying in from the other side of the pond.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 11:54 by MadMax.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 15, 2020 12:00

MadMax
"Is $466 per ticket for pit considered face value? That's what I got for Detroit on Ronnie's side."

I paid 928 US $ for a pit ticket on TM but it's not stating anywhere that it is a VIP ticket with the usual on-the-side-stuff.

Did anybody else pay around this much for a pit ticket? It feels a bit much considering all lot of you fellow IORRians seems to have gotten them for a bit less?
smileys with beer

Did you pay $928 for your ticket face? Which show?

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: February 15, 2020 12:07

JumpinJeppeFlash
MadMax

smileys with beer

Did you pay $928 for your ticket face? Which show?

Platinum ticket ....

Date: February 15, 2020 12:08

MadMax

smileys with beer

Looks like you fell into the Platinum ticket trap.

You should filter out all Platinum / VIP Packs / resale tix when searching. Only search for "Standard Adult Ticket " - that will show you face value tickets and nothing else.

I am sorry for you. Lesson learned, I guess...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 12:08 by Topi.

Date: February 15, 2020 12:24

Cheers lads! Yeah lesson learned, quite a difference in prices hehehe.
Sneaky bastards adding that much but I paid more for single Stones shows back in the days but they were VIP:s with hotels and/or side stuff. But I'll be all smiles heading down to the Peach state cuz it's THE STONES!smileys with beer

Date: February 15, 2020 14:03

So, I do not repeat myself, I remember there were some threads for last year's tour that asked where in the Pit is optimal for seeing the band. I know I saw it & tried to do a search, but cannot find it. Can someone help us out? Thanks.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: February 15, 2020 14:41

I am from Argentina and bought tickets yesterday and chose the option of go mobile in ticketmaster. My problem is that I cannot install the ticketmaster app on my cell phone because it says it is not available in my region. How can I do to see the qr on the day of the show? Thank you

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 15, 2020 14:48

makustone
I am from Argentina and bought tickets yesterday and chose the option of go mobile in ticketmaster. My problem is that I cannot install the ticketmaster app on my cell phone because it says it is not available in my region. How can I do to see the qr on the day of the show? Thank you
Install the app when you arrive in the USA.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 15, 2020 15:42

Sockers56
So, I do not repeat myself, I remember there were some threads for last year's tour that asked where in the Pit is optimal for seeing the band. I know I saw it & tried to do a search, but cannot find it. Can someone help us out? Thanks.

Recommended search:

pit site:iorr.org

Then you will see these:

Pit experience

The Stage and Pits on No Filter 2019

Pit, which side do you recommend?

Bjornulf

Date: February 15, 2020 16:00

whitem8
I logged in for the pre-sale and I was shocked. I mean yeah we are great about the ticket prices but I cannot believe that main floor tickets are going anywhere from five to $800! And the pit tickets are $1000! Insanity.

Don't search for Platinum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 16:03 by Topi.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 15, 2020 16:08

Vivid Seats (were I have previously bought concert tickets in the past and never had an issue) has a bunch of under $100.00 nose bleed seats for the Buffalo show. My question: if I purchased tickets for section 332 or 313, would these be essentially obstructed or limited view seating?

[www.vividseats.com]

Date: February 15, 2020 16:19

bv
Sockers56

Recommended search:

pit site:iorr.org

Then you will see these:

Pit experience

The Stage and Pits on No Filter 2019

Pit, which side do you recommend?

Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 16:21 by Sockers56.

Posted by: fspadafora ()
Date: February 15, 2020 17:21

I sat in a similar section in Pittsburgh, I don't recommend it, especially at the back rows. View was so-so, but sound was awful, felt like I wasn't even there. I'd move over 2 sections to 311/334.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 15, 2020 17:50

fspadafora
I sat in a similar section in Pittsburgh, I don't recommend it, especially at the back rows. View was so-so, but sound was awful, felt like I wasn't even there. I'd move over 2 sections to 311/334.

Thank you very much. That confirms what I thought too.

Date: February 15, 2020 18:08

Topi wrote: "Don't search for Platinum."

Like I did hheheheehhegrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 18:09 by MadMax.

Date: February 15, 2020 21:58

I think I remember reading earlier in this thread that platinum tickets are resale tickets. What’s the difference between them and the “verified resale” tickets that show on the TM map?

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: February 15, 2020 22:23

makemeburnthecandle
I think I remember reading earlier in this thread that platinum tickets are resale tickets. What’s the difference between them and the “verified resale” tickets that show on the TM map?[/
Platinum Tickets are in demand tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists and event organisers through Ticketmaster. They give fans fair and safe access to in demand seats at market driven prices. Platinum tickets are ticket-only purchases and prices are subject to change at any time.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: February 15, 2020 23:17

makemeburnthecandle
I think I remember reading earlier in this thread that platinum tickets are resale tickets. What’s the difference between them and the “verified resale” tickets that show on the TM map?

Platinum tickets are original tickets, not previously purchased. All the purchase price goes to TM and the promoter. TM also will resell tickets that someone has purchased earlier; for that type of sale, some of the price goes to the original purchaser. For the new buyer, there is no difference, except probably for fees added to the listed ticket price. Platinum tickets are a way for the promoter to legally scalp some of the best tickets and pocket extra money.

Date: February 15, 2020 23:30

Great info, thanks!

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 15, 2020 23:57

From Patti Hansen's Instagram, posted on 2/14:

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: February 16, 2020 01:28

Great shot.

Hey Keith, leave the hair dye out this time. It's fine.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home