Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith Richards - History of His Guitars
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 1, 2020 11:46

Palace Revolution 2000
JumpinJeppeFlash
Palace Revolution 2000
Spud
I just don't see the point of getting upset about these details...which we know can leave a little open to interpretation and opinion.

If errors are made due to carelessness or gross ignorance...that's another matter...but I think most folks are genuinely trying to get it right.

I'm glad you say this Spud, because I see it that way too. That type of video clip, or e.g. the Stones Gear book, or even fan authored books - often I catch some mistakes, often I do not, but almost always my first reaction and impulse is one of "Job well done, and thank you". And not "There are several mistakes in here".

What is the point of writing a book that describes even the most well-known and well-documented instruments with several fact errors and claiming it to be "the most comprehensive ever"?
So, what would you suggest? Do not write the book?

Yes, i would suggest that.

Date: January 1, 2020 17:03

JumpinJeppeFlash
Palace Revolution 2000
JumpinJeppeFlash
Palace Revolution 2000
Spud
I just don't see the point of getting upset about these details...which we know can leave a little open to interpretation and opinion.

If errors are made due to carelessness or gross ignorance...that's another matter...but I think most folks are genuinely trying to get it right.

I'm glad you say this Spud, because I see it that way too. That type of video clip, or e.g. the Stones Gear book, or even fan authored books - often I catch some mistakes, often I do not, but almost always my first reaction and impulse is one of "Job well done, and thank you". And not "There are several mistakes in here".

What is the point of writing a book that describes even the most well-known and well-documented instruments with several fact errors and claiming it to be "the most comprehensive ever"?

LOL, so better no Stones books at all?

Date: January 1, 2020 17:24

Palace Revolution 2000
JumpinJeppeFlash
Palace Revolution 2000
JumpinJeppeFlash
Palace Revolution 2000
Spud

Leave it to those who know what they are doing.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: January 1, 2020 20:27

I'd be interested to know how we - or some people - know that e.g. Micawber is a '53 as opposed to '54 Tele. Blackguard Teles were made until mid-54, and serial numbers, which were still on the bridgeplate, overlapped a lot in the period from 1950 to 1954 (even more so than in later periods). Body and neck dates as well as pot codes (unless replaced) would need to have been verified in order to come to any definitive conclusion...

Date: January 1, 2020 23:57

xke38
I'd be interested to know how we - or some people - know that e.g. Micawber is a '53 as opposed to '54 Tele. Blackguard Teles were made until mid-54, and serial numbers, which were still on the bridgeplate, overlapped a lot in the period from 1950 to 1954 (even more so than in later periods). Body and neck dates as well as pot codes (unless replaced) would need to have been verified in order to come to any definitive conclusion...

Alan Rogan
”Chuch” Magee (R.I.P)
Johnny Starbuck
Pierre de Beauport
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

And several other sources.

Date: January 2, 2020 04:07

JumpinJeppeFlash
Palace Revolution 2000
JumpinJeppeFlash
Palace Revolution 2000
JumpinJeppeFlash
Palace Revolution 2000
Spud

Leave it to those who know what they are doing.
Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-02 04:08 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 2, 2020 12:16

DandelionPowderman
Ronnie is using one of Brian's Firebirds on Stripped.

Not Brian's. smiling smiley

Date: January 2, 2020 12:20

DGA35
Does Keith have/use any of Brian's guitars?

They still own some of the guitars Brian used, both non reverse Firebirds for example.

Last shown example of Keith 'playing' one is in IORR promo video. That's the same non reverse Firebird Brian played during the 1966 UK tour.

Date: January 2, 2020 12:28

Palace Revolution 2000

Write it, but don't be an absolute knobhead when people show information which throws doubt or out right disproves things that are in the book.

smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home