Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Q:s for Wyman
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 15, 2005 22:41

Han; I may not ask Q:s that noone understands.
Maybe you could give me some more hints or clues.

Karrob... I saw Boden on the screen yesterday, at the movies.
Film was called Pistvakt... smiling smiley

Questions for Bill Wyman
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: October 15, 2005 22:55

> Questions for Bill:
>
> 1.How much for a plate of fish & chips at his
> restaurant?
>
> 2. Has he ever hit on one of his waitresses?
>
> 3. Has he ever danced...even slow dancing?
>
> 4. He was cut out of the Stones publishing income,
> but did he get an equal 25% share of touring,
> records, and merchandise after Brian Jones
> departure until the time he left?
>
> 5. Does he still participate in royalties from the
> albums he worked on or did he accept a buyout from
> the band...if so, how much?
>
> 6. Why didn't he raise hell about not getting
> credited for Jumpin Jack Flash?
>
> 7. Thank him for his efforts in keeping the history
> of the band...his memory and detail are amazing
> considering what a circus of a life he lived.
>
> 8. Did Billy Preston try to go after Mick & Keith
> for using his bass line as the foundation for Miss
> You?
>
> 9. Why was Keith's amp on the inside and his on the
> outside?...95% of bands have the bass amp to the
> drummers immediate left (most of the time) or
> right...with the Stones, the guitars are on the
> inside and the bass and keys on the out.
> Considering Keith wanted his amp next to Charlies,
> how come Bill didn't set up his amp to Charlies
> right?
>
> 10. Who had more woman...him or Gene Simmons of Kiss?
>
> 11. Does he still get his royalty statements from
> ABKCO for his writer's share of "In Another
> Land".
>
> 12. How come we didn't get a professionally filmed show of the '78 Tour?

PECMAN

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: October 15, 2005 23:02

I'd like to know:

- More about his interest in photography, how he got into it, is it landscapes or people or animals and will he release a photo book of his pics?

- Is he spiritual or have any psychic ability, ever had any psychic experiences? (just a hunch, but he IS a scorpio)

Date: October 15, 2005 23:08

Guess I have to comment on your post Pecman; you´re eagerness
strucks me like a minor atom detonation wave...
*** is a Q I may use, :-( is Q I will not. In-between I do comment

"How much for a plate of fish & chips at his restaurant? ***

Has he ever hit on one of his waitresses? :-(

Has he ever danced...even slow dancing? :-(

He was cut out of the Stones publishing income, but did he get an equal 25% ---until the time he left? *** (or something in that direction)

Does he still participate in royalties ---...if so, how much? :-(

Why didn't he raise hell about not getting credited for Jumpin Jack Flash? :-(

Thank him for his efforts in keeping the history of the band...his memory and detail are amazing considering what a circus of a life he lived. *** (Q?)

Did Billy Preston try to go after Mick & Keith for using his bass line as the foundation for Miss You? :-( :-( :-(

Why was Keith's amp --- ? :-(

Who had more woman...him or Gene Simmons of Kiss? ***

Does he still get his royalty statements from ABKCO for his writer's share of 'In Another Land'. " (Will not ask that; but I´ll ask something else about it)

...Ya have to rememnber my small talk with Bill will reach out to an area with ab 200, 000 people; of which maybe 20,000-30,000 will listen... People that are not too well-educated, not knowing more about the Stones than maybe Satisfaction, HTW, Start Me Up, & Angie at best. Its aired at McDonalds, malls & thru carpenters small transistors.
But I may get a new chance later at night to ask some more obscure Q:s.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: October 16, 2005 00:31

Baboon Bro,

thanks for the response...it's funny...some of the questions that I asked were small talk joke questions...and some were serious...and you picked the joke questions to ask him...that's great...can't wait to here the interview...hope you can post a copy. I hate interviews with all serious questions...always so boring.

Good luck.

P.S. What did you mean by "my eagerness strikes you like a minor atom detonation wave?"

PECMAN

Posted by: Karrob ()
Date: October 16, 2005 03:19

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Karrob! Sorry if I have offended your (Bodensian)
> heart!!

No worries! I just felt I had to defend Boden from you cruel southerners :-P
I actually live in Luleå nowadays, and yes, Luleå would have been a more logical stop for the tour. But I guess it was the local promoter in Boden that saw a chance and took it when the tour was being offered.

And I’m glad he did. Tonight’s concert was absolutely brilliant! You can just see how everybody on stage has such a great time, and it rubs off on the audience too. Even Mr Wyman himself can’t help smiling from time to time! I’ve seen Albert Lee before with his own band and I know how stunning he is on the guitar, and with the addition of Andy Fairweather Low on the other lead guitar I feel they complement each other perfectly. Lee with his strong country feel and Andy with a more rock/blues approach. The main thing with the Rhythm Kings for me is that it is such a diverse group of talented people. Everybody in the group gets to step up and take lead vocals or a lengthy solo on their instrument. That keeps up the energy through out the gig and it never gets boring. Terry Taylor speaking swedish (sort of) with the audience throughout, the horns with their funny stage antics, and of course the lovely Beverley Skeete! Do not miss this show if they come to a town near you (and chances are they will…).

So with Wyman tonight, Mick Taylor in December and, hopefully, The Stones in Gothenburg next summer (not likely they will come to Boden eh?) it will be a pretty nice stones-year for me to say the least, who would have thought that in the year 2005….

As for Sundsvall… well I must confess I hade a great time last spring when John Fogerty played there. And for once I didn’t have to force my girlfriend on yet another trip to a concert. Instead this time she came freely with me. Why? One word; IKEA. So yes, I’m hoping there will be more concerts in Sundsvall…

Pistvakt…. No comments!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 16, 2005 09:29

>> ever had any psychic experiences? <<

he talks about one in this interview:
[www.timeisonourside.com]
it would be interesting indeed to know if it's still going on. :E

some more Question Candidates:

~ does he still sometimes play that first bass he owned - the one he got for eight pounds and then renovated into something that sounded so incomparably fine?
(i should probably know that, sorry!)
~ what are his favourite bass lines to play these days - what makes it good for him?
~ in Charlie Is My Darling (filmed in the autumn of 65), when they asked him what he'd like to do if he weren't in the Stones, Bill said: "i'd like to be a musician. i'm not a musician, i just play in a band." i love that he said that! and would love to hear his reflections on that now. is there some stage at which he feels he started becoming (in his own estimate) a musician?
~ i would love to know if he perceives the Stones covering LARS as a sort of farewell to him (but i will understand completely if you don't feel like asking that).
~ again: huge radiant gratitude for all the joy and beauty he's been pouring out for us (and does he know what amazing eyes he has?)

- november 1966, by Tom Keylock (courtesy BrownEyedGirll)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-16 10:09 by with sssoul.

Date: October 16, 2005 12:41

Well, Pecman, guess I already had my share of serious questions.
hate economy myself; plus that ol´ geezer can go on for days & nights on that issue.

I´m gonna ask something about his former Wedish wife Astrid "Lundstrom" (Lundström) from Färila (grew up partly in Västerås; interesting connection, she went to school woith Swedishg semi-legend Pugh Rogefeldt, he was invited to their house close to the Riviera during Exile-era, and ooool´ Pugh played in Sundsvall this weekend, he doesnt exactly every day...... And tomorrow Bill).
I try to come up with something creative. Some 22 hours to go.

Congratulations, Umeå; that will enjoy Wyman etc tonight!

Thanks, Withsssoul for ever-intelligent suggestions.

And most of all, thank you Karrob; please dont offend from my bizarre sense of hunmours... But I saw Pistvakt was recorded in Norrbotten. Jähkel is to a great extent grown-up & has lived also during more recent yeras in Sundsvall. I was at the local icehockey rink yesterday evening; in my town all people speak like in Pistvakt. - Thank you for the report!!! Many people there?
...Did he feature Eddie Floyd?

Date: October 16, 2005 13:14

Pecman; "What did you mean by 'my eagerness strikes you like a minor atom detonation wave?' ...Postin it twice seems eager ´nuff, doesnt it?

Miss U; that psychich thing aint too bad a Q to as to a person whose primar interest aside from music lies in Anthropology, Archaeology & Astronomy (not Astrology nota bene)... The man´s born in Oct 24... That makes him to a weak Scorpio.
Followin the precession of the the Tellus´ axle he is - 'scientifically' (big quote marks II ~ II ) actually a Libris.

We´ll see if I dare about the psychich thing, probably not.
If I had Jagger in my claws I´d ask about the Dark period of SFTD...
I´m certainly not gonna ask about Astrology.
But maybe something on either Anthropology, Archaeology & Astronomy...

The photography Q was something really worthwhile considering. Í may try to steer the conversation over to it.

Thank ya all! Now I gotta close the Q shop. The interview rather will be five minutes than five hours. Unless ya dont have the most brilliant Q in Human History - and then you can ask Rockman or Rutger for my address...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-16 13:31 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: October 16, 2005 23:18

Thanks, with sssoul! smiling smiley Where's that rose @-----/----

Baboon Bro, BW used to be very spiritual when he was young, reading the bible in times of stress. You never know, I just have a hunch about it. And he probably was never asked those questions before, so I hope you're feeling daring. Scorpio starts Oct 23rd, since he is close to the cusp he may also share traits with Libra.
I am Jan 19th, which is the cusp of Capricorn & Aquarius, a mix of both.
Good luck with the interview!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-16 23:20 by Miss U..

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 17, 2005 02:16

Bro: Ask him if he enjoyed being in the military. I think he was in the RAF. I met him twice and they told me not to mention the Stones and I didn't.

Good luck and let us know how this works out...........s

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: October 17, 2005 03:25

How does he remember his final sessions with the Stones, and did he know at the time that these were going to be his final sessions with the band?

Date: October 17, 2005 12:48

Have spoken to the man.
Easy man to conversate; but my English
- as well as the cell phone net - did stuck
every now & then.

This telephone interview will be broadcasted
worldwide thru web radio at [www.guld.nu].
- Just click (after VÄLJ) "Lyssna live!" -
(Small window upper part if the site, to the left -
Its gonna be this afternoon at CET, some time around
2 or 3 in the afternoon. Probably a few minutes after 2 O´Clock.
That would be within some 2-2½ hours from when this is posted.

Radio Guld broadcast in Swedish, but the interview with Wyman is
of course held in English.
I´m afraid its no Pulitzer-interview; and none of you will find your
questions there... But always nice to hear ol´ Bill chat on.

Maybe I get a new chance to ask the more tricky Q:s tonite after the show...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home