Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Brian Jones 50th Anniversary July 3rd 2019
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 4, 2019 11:26

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 4, 2019 12:19

Hah, Joe Brown.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 13:33

Green Lady
"No one is finally dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away."

And Brian started a lot of ripples. He won't be forgotten.

That's a beauty thumbs up

Yes, my 8 years young grandson (not to forget my granddaughters) is already very impressed by how much the Rolling Stones mean to his granddad. He (granddad) always gets Xmas and birthday gifts related to the Rolling Stonesgrinning smiley.
He will also know who Brain Jones was/is, many decades (I hope and trust) from now cool smiley
smileys with beer

Date: July 6, 2019 01:53

[www.nzz.ch]

swiss article in german - just came across this and wanted to post it - donĀ“t know if it works with the link...or if it was postet before, but I think it is quite good, also the photos...Enjoy....

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: July 6, 2019 05:54

Date: July 7, 2019 00:59

Hi my friends, I just want to share a reflection as a Stone friend If you want to help me with some positive words and what's your opinion about my reflection so I can understand better the situation.

These days I feel guilty, anxiety, concern and confusion about Brian's situation , I love The Stones and they Inspire me so much. I feel worried for the people opinions about Brian legacy In the media. It's been 50 years and I was reflecting on how the mainstream media have distorted the perception about Brian legacy. Every anniversary, everybody remarks the same things over and over again and one part of me feel really worried, for example, No Jones No Stones and In my opinion they're right and Brian deserved more credit In the band and I know that his relationship and chemistry wasn't always the most optimal and the guys fired him but I think that Brian and the Stones agreed with the decision
but people think that the Stones did'nt wanted to help him In those times, that they hated him and that they are only ungrateful. Just watch a bit of the comments of this videos, It makes me feel worried [youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
I think that lots of thoughts about Brian legacy are super and laser focused on the negative things In his life, looking and pointing all the negatives related to him and the rest of the band, Part of me feel guillty and I'm not secure why, I just think that so many people don't undersand and have no context of the problems that really happended. I just want to set myself apart from that with all the Stones friends and fans, from all that noise from the media and empathize with all the members of The Rolling Stones. I just love all of them. The Rolling Stones always will be the Greatest Rock'n Roll Band In the World.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 7, 2019 03:21

By repeatedly commenting and focusing on his faults more than anything else Mick, Keith, Charlie and Stu have built up something that overwhelms the legacy of Brian as a musician. I hope it isn't intentional, but it often feels like it is.

The truth is the truth of course, but after the 99th negative telling of some degree of that truth it becomes more like repeated cheap shots at someone who isn't around to put forward their point of view.

The case for Brian the musician should be made by the band itself, but instead they mostly opt to go for character assassination. Due to this many people see him as this drugged out loser that turned up occasionally to add something unimportant. Which is ridiculous and quite depressing.

Brian fans can be unbearable, but it's because any appreciation is up against a tide of negativity. Take a look at almost any forum where he is discussed and it's a shit show.

My work in progress playlist highlighting Brian's contributions sounds and feels powerful and compelling to me. But, as I say above his musicianship is overwhelmed meaning some will listen and still come away thinking of him as little more than a useless drugged out loser.

He was a @#$%& up as a person, but he was really rather ace at music for the vast majority of his time in the band.

Click the pic of a young Brian to open the Youtube link.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-07 04:14 by His Majesty.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 7, 2019 10:45

I just stick with Mick's first words on Brian's passing on July 5, 1969 (from Shelley):

Tis we who, lost in stormy visions, keep with phantoms an unprofitable strive and in mad trance strike, with our spirits knives, invulnarable nothings.

We, the older we get, carry the pain of knowing what it means to get older and where it leads to in the end. The ones who died young stay young forever in the minds and visions of us all and will never know. Don't we all want to stay young?
Brian started the band and nothing can ever change that. While carrying the pain, the music and concerts of the band soften that pain and even makes us happy. What more do we (and the members of the band) want?
smileys with beer

Date: July 7, 2019 22:39

Thank you for sharing your words and videos, I really appreciate this #StonesForEver winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home