Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

On-Stage Boxes at Durham
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 10, 2005 21:41

Karl Siever wrote up a review of Durham and mentioned his experience in his upper right on-stage box and how he wouldn't do it again - I was in a lower right on-stage box and had a different experience - I could see the whole show, there was only one row of people and each had a spot in front of the railing, and we got many interactions with Mick, Keith, Lisa, Blondie, and Bernard. plus i could see Charlie really well (i was in box 4 in the middle of the lower row). however, when it rained, the plastic tarp did cover him and it would've been difficult to see keith and ron but luckily they did spend a lot of time in front of it. i even got a wave through the plastic tarp from keith at the end of the show. with my 3 on-stage box experiences, i'd have to say the lower on-stage boxes are a lot better than the upper on-stage boxes and the middle is better than either end...location, location, location...

Re: On-Stage Boxes at Durham
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 10, 2005 21:44

If you see other reviews then you will see there should not bee that many people in each box. So may be somebody got in that box by mistake on by "accident". I think I usually see 6-7 in each box. And they are all in the "front row". But I have never been up there. I just observe them like they observe me...

Bjornulf

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 10, 2005 21:51

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you see other reviews then you will see there
> should not bee that many people in each box. So
> may be somebody got in that box by mistake on by
> "accident". I think I usually see 6-7 in each box.
> And they are all in the "front row". But I have
> never been up there. I just observe them like they
> observe me...
>
> Bjornulf

We had nine in the Durham Upper. I think you may be right Bjornulf. There were three couples, so maybe somebody changed boxes to be with their partner. It was really a bummer to have to fight for space. Still, I enjoyed it overall.

Karl

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: October 10, 2005 23:35

The problem is they do not make sure you go to your assigned box....they simply boxes 1- 12 come this way......once you are on the ramps you can move freely to another box. In Moncton we had two extra people standing behind us the entire show. It seemed as if other boxes had fewer people.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 10, 2005 23:55

my high school basketball "boxing out" skills should come in handy on 11/13...I've used them effectively at other "festival-type" arrangements....

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: October 11, 2005 01:40

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> my high school basketball "boxing out" skills
> should come in handy on 11/13...I've used them
> effectively at other "festival-type"
> arrangements....

That was exactly my strategy in Moncton....no offense to the two guys behind us, but we traveled from Florida to Canada to be on-stage......I wasn't going to be denied.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 11, 2005 01:43

shawn - best use of this skill was during the Keith Richards show at Henry J. Kaiser in Oakland in '88 - I sweated like a pig to maintain my front-center position throughout the show. I was "fouled" all night long!

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: October 11, 2005 21:08

I was in lower box 2 in Durham, Keiths left side. Initially 8 in the box. View was great and sound was excellent!!! Two thumbs up!

Nothing like hanging out of the box, going wild, getting the band's attention and a nod. Blinkies $10, Programs $25, On Stage tickets $250, getting the finger from Keef PRICELESS!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home