Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

where did KR go?
Posted by: graveyard watch ()
Date: October 10, 2005 12:56

for a long time i thought KR was the best guitarist playing rock n' roll. he had great tone and was funky as all get out-and he, not BJ, MT, RW or MJ or waddy accompanies him as well as he does. as you all know- hell of an acoustic blues player-reggae too. exquisitely simple and all the better for it. what a right hand. but i miss monkey man can't you hear me knockin honky tonk woman beast of burden little t&a KR. if the 2 note intro to his solo on biggest mistake is him..nah, it can't be him, it tramps on the groove. and you know it wasn't him or RW on the LWTCDI solo...to technically proficient and all the worse for it. but i suppose we all have our own ideas of how they should go about their jobs.
seems like infamy is all he got left in the tank. for me, a little too much of ABB sounds like an 80's hair band, nevertheless -still the best rock n' roll band on the planet.

Re: where did KR go?
Posted by: nmaillot ()
Date: October 10, 2005 12:59

"it wasn't him or RW on the LWTCDI solo"

The solo of LWTCDI is obviously one great RW moment.
Noboby else can play the guitar like that.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: October 10, 2005 13:08

Ronnie OWNS Look What The Cat Dragged in. He makes the song. KR is in there. Classic Ronnie sound, loud, raw, ripping energy. I happen to like that track a lot

Milo, NYC
My feet are hurtin'

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: October 10, 2005 14:31

Look what the cat dragged in is Jagger song about Keith!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 10, 2005 15:47

Keith is alive and well and performing on a stage near you...dont miss him!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: graveyard watch ()
Date: October 10, 2005 22:35

milo, it is a good tune ain't it! i'm still going with MJ on that solo though.
and just because it's so much fun..my best guesses

RJ KR on the opening, cool hook, great groove as always. nothing stellar from him, he can play this in his sleep

LMDS the guitar playing the descending line over the chorus is a nice part all the way thru, and based solely on the lick at :52 i'd say it's him.

IWTL the shots plyed over the brown sugar verse structure throughout sounds like him, don't know about the solo. i would also assume he got the intro and the copntinuation on that channel. this falls in the same category as RJ.

RFD because they are superb rhythm players all, they do funky rock as well as anyone. i don't think they'll ever lose their taste for a part. it'd be my guess he has at least the clean tac part that you hear at the end.

SOL i'm guessing it's primarily mick but the soul fills at 1:20/ 3:50 etc. and that guitar in it's entirety -which i wish was higher in the mix- could be keith. wish they'd have left those 80's power chords on the floor. wonder who's playing the acoustic that comes up in the mix near the end? too MOR for me

BOMH here Keith shares what he has in common with BB King...you know it's him. bring in all the studio heavy hitters and 99 and 1/2% of all guitar players and the best they can do is sound like him. he's great in this setting

SSMC i gotta believe it' he's the first thing you hear. he doesn't play anything from :20/21 till :36 then again at :51 till 1:06 and 2:02 till 2:16 which strikes me as cool. he and RW can play the fills in the other channel but since it's ron's slide i'll go with keith on that side too.

BM it seems a lot of people don't like this. pretty melody, if it was on Exile you'd be calling it a classic. again based solely on that hammer on suspension he likes so well at :09 and :19 and a lick he's played countless times at :55 i would say it's him on that channel. as the track listing has MJ on 'guitars' and keith on 'guitar' i suppose thats his only track. i dig the way he puts a little bend on the double stop at 2:29

TPIE i love that he can be ragged player, give mick some, but by god keith, i wish it'd been you on slide.

ONNYA

DB

SNC one take...all of em'

LIND thats obviously mick doing his 'heaven' lick. the interesting stuff is keith playin that soul/reggae combo -1;45 to 1:55 for example- as good as anyone on earth.
keith has more in common with steve cropper than just about anyone else. never heard the colonel play in open g tho'!

LWTCDI based on the triplet at :12 which he's played many times before i would say that's him. great track

DTF same as neo con, tho' those are some groovin guitars.

I holy shit keith, what were you thinkin?

there's a whole lot of good stuff on here, but with the exception of 'laugh' and 'hand' i'm not hearing what i used to. still, best goddamn rock n' roll band on the planet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home