Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: RainFallDown sucks
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: October 11, 2005 01:35

Sales of singles are not relevant. No one buys them, at least not in large numbers. It is more that the single is the song pushed for airplay. As I mentioned in my first post, my local rock radio doesn't think it can play RJ because SOL has been pushed as the single.

Posted by: rock'nroller ()
Date: October 11, 2005 01:46

Jagger & the bad lyrics thing has been around for a while now. How about the lines, "sparks will fly, sharks will cry?" Voodoo Lounge was full of good musical sounds, but poor lyrics. I guess some of us are getting tired of it; especially when the music isn't that great either...

Posted by: bat _outta_hell ()
Date: October 11, 2005 02:40

OK-y'all are sentenced to listening to 5000 spins of Achy Breaky Heart.

Now there was a dumb song, kinda catchy tune, that sold millions, for a one hit wonder.

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: October 11, 2005 04:22

bat _outta_hell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "These are old men. It is honestly gross to 90
> percent of the general public"
>
> Sweetie__age is a state of mind.
>
> Now wouldn't it be fascinating to see my 55 year
> old picture, up against your (I will assume post
> pubescent) photo?
>
> as to your 90 percent..got the poll data on that?
>
> and finally, I find those that squeak loudest
> about looks/age etc.
>
> are usually the ones with the defect, inside and
> out.

Ya gotta love it when the lovely older lady teaches the younger guy a sorely needed lesson!

Date: October 11, 2005 04:38

4tylix__the drink in Vegas, is on me. that was sweet, thank you.

Date: October 11, 2005 04:40

LOL! Over at Shidoobee they're struggling to figure out where to have drinks! I say Monte Carlo BrewPub! Where ya staying???

Date: October 11, 2005 04:46

I was gonna shoot for the MGM...I tend to procrastinate. Let me know what you all decide....smiling smiley

Date: October 11, 2005 04:50

NYNY! Dueling Piano, Big Apple Bar...but Monte Carlo befor the show...Shidoobeans are looking for cheap places for a large group...

Are you on shiddoobee's board yet??? We can chat there...

Date: October 11, 2005 04:53

and it's being played in Philly tonight...and it doesn't suck!

Date: October 11, 2005 04:55

No to the board__if you could post the link, that would be great..tia

Date: October 11, 2005 04:56

you'll love it...

[p081.ezboard.com]

I'm VArambler over there...let me know ;-)

Date: October 11, 2005 05:12

LOL__Im there in a chat___can't find ya.

Date: October 11, 2005 05:17

hmmmm....what's your handle (name) there??

Date: October 11, 2005 05:25

I IM'd you--I think? Nuffy KEA...completely forgot I had a subscription for online gaming QUAKE2

Date: October 11, 2005 05:31

ahhhh....but ya gotta hit live chat there...just emailed ya back at that board...we're getting there! and Vegas in about 7 weeks away!

Date: October 11, 2005 11:13

Thanks for highjacking my thread, but i hope you two enjoy the concert. I see they played RFD tonight. Aparently the crowd was not into it. What a surprise! Seeing as it it a slow meandering song that goes nowhere! Maybe next week they will bring out the big guns and play SOL. zzzzzz

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 11, 2005 13:42

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...... never satisfied some people are.... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Posted by: Jack-flash ()
Date: October 11, 2005 14:11

I'm very sorry to tell you, that Streets of love was NOT No.1 in Austria ! It entered the charts at position 26 which was also it's peak position. After 6 weeks it's still in the Top 40 (Pos. 40) which couldn't already be expected. Austrias main radio station OE3 didn't play that sorry very often before and after it's relase. But since about two weeks they play it more often, so that's probably the reason why it's still in the charts.

A bigger bang was No.1 on the album charts for two weeks, but lost the spot in week 3 to Bon Jovi. After four weeks it's on the 7th spot (A bit disappointing)

For me rain fall down is not a bad track. It's not the best from the album. But it wil probably sell better than all the rocksongs, and that?s probably the reason why the chose it as the second single. But still I don't think it will get lots of airplay here in Austria, as it's not a typical song for OE3 (with about 50% marketshare by far the biggest radio station in Austria) For the airplay they should release Biggest mistake as a single. But I know that no one here on the board (including myself) would like to release this track.

All the best

Philipp

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 11, 2005 14:29

Best choice to get somthing on the radio!! and one of the best on ABB

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: October 11, 2005 15:43

> For the airplay they should release Biggest mistake as a
> single. But I know that no one here on the board
> (including myself) would like to release this
> track.
>
> All the best
>
> Philipp

Well, Biggest Mistake is not bad. It would be a better choice than the 2 songs they have picked already. But we need to face the fact that ABB is not a singles album. The only single I see in the material from the album is She Saw Me Coming. Make a nice single mix out of it that smoothes the rough beginning a bit, and there you have it. We'll see what happens. I just hope for the 2 DVD bonus tracks to appear as b-sides on the CD-single, because I don't plan to buy a DVD player anytime soon.

Date: October 11, 2005 17:33

Posted by: uz2bstoned (IP Logged)
Date: October 11, 2005 11:13

Thanks for highjacking my thread, but i hope you two enjoy the concert

Anytime, and in tribute to you, when my daughter and I and he and his wife meet for a drink in Vegas....we will offer up a toast to you

Hail Napolean!

ps...

last post here, you should be thrilled...smiling smiley

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: October 11, 2005 17:50

i wouldn´t say it sucks but there is no doubt about it that it is one of the songs on ABB which i like less and listen to not very often...if it had been up to me, i would release It Won.t Take Long as a new single! or maybe, provoking attention, Sweet Neo Con....Of course this could be also a failure, but maybe it would be worth trying...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 11, 2005 22:20

And still no one seems to understand what this song is about. Well, I'm not going to explain it to you again.

Posted by: Shanstone1 ()
Date: October 12, 2005 19:13

Everyone has their opinion. But, I personally think RFD is one of the best songs on the album. I also think Streets of love is a great song.

Rock n Roll will never die.

Date: October 12, 2005 22:56

Everyone has their opinion. But, I personally think RFD is one of the best songs on the album. I also think Streets of love is a great song.

---------------------------

Yeah everyone has their opinion. Some people would have an orgasm listening to Mariay Carrey too. Maybe RFD should be the theme for The Young and The Restless. These songs are awful. Period!

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: October 12, 2005 23:54

It close to sucks there are better options to play live from ABB.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: October 13, 2005 00:03

I still think it should be Let Me Down Slow.....maybe that'll be the NEXT single?

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Date: October 13, 2005 00:07

DRIVING TOO FAST or ONNYA

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: October 15, 2005 15:40

I don't think the lyrics of Rain Fall Down are great, nor is the chorus very original, but Mick's delivery is fantastic AND it's one of the best GUITAR tunes on ABB in my opinion. The way Keith and Ronnie intertwine is just great. Have you listened to the tune with headphones? The licks are varied, sobre but extremely effective, great great guitar chemistry worthy of anything from Some Girls.

To me Rain Fall Down is one of these tunes which look good overall and are marvels when listened to carefully, there are so many of these in the Stones' catalogue, for instance Live With Me.

Rain Fall Down is a fabulous display of Stones' craftmanship!

Posted by: llaushin ()
Date: October 15, 2005 16:26

Yes it does!It has a certain groove but it's one of the worse on the album.
But Streets of love is great,just beautiful song

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2122
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home