Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
mick/mike meyers snl
Date: October 8, 2005 21:17

Anybody see the weekend update bit when Mick did Keith, Meyers did Mick? Classic.

Re: mick/mike meyers snl
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 8, 2005 21:20

I'd love to see it but I haven't.

Date: October 8, 2005 21:24

It's from the Nineties. Forget the host.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: October 8, 2005 21:45

Its amazing. Mick does a great Keith. I'd love to get that on tape. Anyone know where to find it. Or which episode it is (host) so I can keep an eye out for it and tape it. SNL is always on in reruns.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: TatooMe ()
Date: October 8, 2005 21:47

One the best ever on SNL.
Mick absolutely nailed his impression of Keith
Also remember when Mick was on promoting Goddess ( it might have been Wandering Spirit) the mirror scene with Jimmy Fallon.
Mick is sitting in front of a mirror in a dressing room before a performance practicing his facial expressions and Jimmy is his reflection.
Jimmy starts teasing Mick about his pointy fingers move and Mick denies he points his fingers at the crowd. It's really funny.
Also that same episode featured Mick as Karl Lagerfield in a Donatella Versace skit that included a very funny exchange involving "your the bitch mirror" something like that. Very funny stuff.
It would great to see the Stones on SNL this season and the fact that they play MSG on Friday the 20Th might give us hope that they could do SNL on Sat. the 21ST.
Here's hoping for another great SNL memory.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 8, 2005 21:49

i've never seen it either, and would dearly love to.
check here for the text of the skit plus a still of Mick as Keith and Mike as Mick:
[p070.ezboard.com]

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: October 8, 2005 21:57

I like it when they do the skit of Mick in front of the mirror, with Mike Myers as his reflection talking back to him.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: October 8, 2005 22:01

This skit is a Stones comedy classic. NO ONE ever did a better imitation of Keith than his life-long companion, Mick J.

Date: October 8, 2005 22:01

The mirror skit is not even close to the one where Mick plays Keith. Reading the text doesn't do it justice. You have to see the manuerisms.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: October 8, 2005 22:04

mickjagger1009 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The mirror skit is not even close to the one where
> Mick plays Keith. Reading the text doesn't do it
> justice. You have to see the manuerisms.
>
> "You'll be studying history and you'll be down the
> gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing
> pool and drinking."

I'm surprised that no interviewer has ever asked Keith about this. Keith's response would probably be something like, "Well, Mick always wanted to be ME." There may be some truth in this.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 8, 2005 22:11

>> Reading the text doesn't do it justice. You have to see the mannerisms. <<

i'm sure! so upload it and post the link for us, please and thank you very kindly! :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 8, 2005 22:17

Yes, is there anybody who can upload it?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: October 8, 2005 22:19

And Keith always wanted to be Brian.....!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 8, 2005 22:20

mick doing keith was hillarious. i bet it's on the best of mike myers dvd.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 8, 2005 23:32

The mirror scene with Jimmy Fallon is on the SNL best of Jimmy Fallon DVD which came out last year. The whole DVD is pretty funny actually.

Posted by: jfmiii21 ()
Date: October 9, 2005 00:44

the mick and mike meyers skit is on the best of mike myers if i'm not mistaken...but an absolutely hilarious skit.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 9, 2005 00:46

gut-bustin' hilarious!!!

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: October 9, 2005 00:46

It was in the 90's for Wandering Spirit.

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: October 9, 2005 01:09

Mick also was in the opeing skit...he played a buttler serving the Prince of Wales, shortly after the Charles / Camilla scandal had broken. Very Funny.

An Mick absolutly aced Keith!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 9, 2005 02:16

It really is an UNBELIEVABLE impersonation. Mick has his look down pat. It's really hard to do an imitation of Keith, the way he starts talking and at first you can make out a few words and then it just turns to some weird mumbling. I've tried to do it, but it's very difficult, Mick nails it!

I'm almost 100% positive that Luke Perry was the guest host that night. I do have it on VHS, and if someone can tell me how to convert it into something I can upload, I will. I do not have a DVD-R except for on my computer.

It's very worth seeing though.

Did anyone ever see the skit when Gabriel Byrne was hosting? It was also pretty funny, he did one called Keith Richards party tips. The only one I can remember was to fill your ice cube trays with whiskey, that way you don't have to worry about your drink getting watered down.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: October 9, 2005 04:01

Yeah, he left the meat out for a day-- it got nice and rotten that way. Then (he's in the kitchen; maybe around Thanksgiving?), he measures out the flour for his next recipe, starts chopping into lines. Priceless.

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: October 9, 2005 06:01

any one see the ron wood show on snl - takes place in his kitchen all he says is inn nnut nnnn nnaaaaqb naaa with the ice in his vodca tumbler rattlin in the glass

Posted by: Brad F ()
Date: October 9, 2005 06:11

What about the one where Mick gets married to Jerry, and Mike Myers plays Mick with Dana Carvey playing Keith?

Mick is nervous that he won't be able to "perform" on his wedding night and Keith reminds him that he's been sleeping with Jerry for 13 years, so it'll all come back to him pretty easily.

That one was hilarious, but I don't remember who was hosting the show that week.

Date: October 9, 2005 17:08

Then there was the time Jerry Hall was hosting, and Jon Lovitz was doing his liar bit (Tommy Flanagan?), then Mick came out and said something like he didn't come home because he was hanging out with Tommy, that's the ticket. It was funny.

Did I mix up the Keith show with Ronnie Wood show? Was it the same one, with Gabriel Byrne?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 9, 2005 17:39

Mick does a better Keith than Johnny Depp!

On a related topic, from the 1978 SNL appearance, didn't Mick and Keith do a skit based on Pete Best? The band was musically very ragged that night. I understand they had been doing coke with Belushi all week! Who would have ever dreamed that!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 9, 2005 19:25

Great thread! I remember most of those skits and they were hilarious. SNL needs to come out with a DVD called "the complete SNL Stones appearances and references."

Date: October 9, 2005 23:19

I agree. All this talk, we need an all Stones SNL video. There was a good skit with someone playing Ron Wood. I'm not sure if it was on SNL or another show. But in it, Ron was hunting with some guys. Ron had an uzzie strapped on like a guitar and had a martini glass in hand. When he shot the uzzie it was like he was playing guitar. Hard to explain. You had to see it. But it was definitely a funny skit.

Date: October 10, 2005 01:33

There was another funny one. James Woods was playing dracula in modern times and he was having a hard time finding someone with clean blood. He kept quasi interviewing his potential victims. The first girl was promiscuous so he kept looking, then he finds a girl and she seemed really clean and sweet. Dracula's excited because he finally thinks he found the right person. When he asks her if she's had lots of partners, she said she had one boyfriend for a really long time, "yeah his name is Keith Richards, perhaps you've heard of him". Dracula makes a big disappointed face and moves on to find the next one. Sounds boring as I'm writing it, but it got a big laugh.

Posted by: toko ()
Date: October 10, 2005 05:21

mickjagger1009 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree. All this talk, we need an all Stones SNL
> video. There was a good skit with someone playing
> Ron Wood.

That was Mike Meyers as well. I'm pretty sure he did
him more than once. Would love to see that again--he
had the basics down. Funny.

Posted by: Brad F ()
Date: October 10, 2005 05:21

MickJagger1009:

That was definitely SNL. I think it was Mike Myers playing Ron Wood, and the host that week was John Goodman. It was a great sketch wasn't it?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home