Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Tired, boring old editorial about the Stones
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 29, 2019 19:37

I don't get the point of the article. It's like telling somebody else's grandpa "you're too old to date"....why do you care?

he got his memory in 1966...if that was enough, lucky him.

Lots of us are still making our Stones memories. I'm taking my 12 year old nieces and couldn't be more stoked.

Besides, Mick is still a Force of Nature, IMO. If he wasn't going OFF dancing, running, singing etc. every night (plus Charlie is a beast & Ronnie is still quite the showman), I might agree that it has become somewhat of a "Nostalgia Act" but I don't see it that way....even w/ Keith being kinda burnt.

haha...good old Keef.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-29 19:48 by stickyfingers101.

Posted by: thegroove ()
Date: March 29, 2019 19:50

marianna
An old guy tells other old guys to get off of his lawn.
.....>grinning smiley<

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 29, 2019 20:57

havent read the aticle but if its dissing the band.

heres my thoughts.

stones should not be compared in the studio to what they done 1963-1983.

they are 56 years older, or 36 years older than the later years of their best creative output.

they have still made plenty good records since, ok they made crap too, but they also made crap in the 60,s and 70,s and 80,s too.

the theory the stones are not as good live as before. its never been a sliding scale measurement where they got proggressively worse. they have had high and low times in every tour, they could be poor in the 70,s at times, out of focus, out of tune and not giving it 100%, the 2018 tour was amazing and has seen incredible live performances of several songs from different gigs, why knock them for that, theyre doing it and doing it well, so if people knock their age shouldnt they also praise them for being able to do what they do at their age. and shouldnt they be knocking other younger bands who dont have it.

stones have always been underrated. time this changed.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 30, 2019 00:57

marianna
An old guy tells other old guys to get off of his lawn.

at least the rolling stones wouldn't have any moss on their lawn...or something.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 30, 2019 03:39

It's a bit odd, the article and the attitude, or perhaps, spirit, of it, considering it's from the land of the Tom Brady Patriots that are beyond boring.

New Englanders are a special lot - cloistered away in a frozen rocky funny sounding part of the world with a 'we've done it so many times we're beyond the best' attitude, which, of course, eliminates them from any cultural significance, really.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 30, 2019 13:01

With Periscope and Youtube, I don't feel the need to attend any future concerts. The setlists also have a lot to do with it, as do the $35,000 Meet and Greets.

The one concert I would have liked to see was when Mick Taylor joined them.

Still a fan though. I am interested in any new output and read new interviews.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home