Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

HIPPODROME DE LONGCHAMP 95 Bon jovi support Stones..
Posted by: sater ()
Date: October 7, 2005 22:16

Any incidents during the BJ set??any bottles throw from crowd??maybe it's jon revenge for that what happend to him at Paris show????And now he want to get Stones for support his band on Wembley show??

Re: HIPPODROME DE LONGCHAMP 95 Bon jovi support Stones..
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 7, 2005 22:18

I realise the whole thing may be lost in the translation, but you really are taking a joke remark a bit seriously, dont you think?

I mean - "Revenge"? Come on..

I was at those shows, and to answer your question - no, they didnt have to put up with any incidents from the crowd

Simply because I was standing too far back to hit them....winking smiley

Posted by: sater ()
Date: October 7, 2005 22:28

Yes "revenge"it's wrong word but maybe now he feel like winner...you know..he win with Stones..2 bands want open wembley stadium,and there is one winner of that competition ,and it isn't Stones..that's SAD for mesad smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 8, 2005 04:28

It was my first Stones concert, I was front of the stage, and I don't remember any interference of the audience during Bon Jovi's set. I noticed lots of Bon Jovi fans, instead.

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: somesmerized ()
Date: October 8, 2005 05:21

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I realise the whole thing may be lost in the
> translation, but you really are taking a joke
> remark a bit seriously, dont you think?
>
> I mean - "Revenge"? Come on..
>
> I was at those shows, and to answer your question
> - no, they didnt have to put up with any incidents
> from the crowd
>
> Simply because I was standing too far back to hit
> them....

Where were you ?

They were seriously booed from the beginning to the end. From where I was (30 metres away, center) chunks of earth were flying and I saw many many many many really high fingers (middle ones.) Also one guy had a huge sign saying "Stoned forever" on one side and "Bon Jovshit" on the other. He kept waving it right under their nose during the whole set. Didn't you see that ? Bon Jovi was like "C'mon talk to mee" and all I (and probably he) could see was more fingers (still middle ones) !!! Their set was very short, and I even read a Bon Jovi interview on Guitar World a few weeks later. When asked about his gig at Longchamps, he said "no comments." I couldn't believe what I was reading !

I'll never forget it, it was my first stones concert, I felt totally in synch with the crowd that day !

One has to say we had been burning the whole aft under the sun. We didn't need any soup after that :0)

Eric Lapointe (before Bon Jovi) was actually better, I found. Bon Jovi was just such a wrong choice.

Date: October 8, 2005 05:25

Wild Slivovitz Wrote:
> It was my first Stones concert, I was front of the
> stage, and I don't remember any interference of
> the audience during Bon Jovi's set. I noticed lots
> of Bon Jovi fans, instead.
>
> "got to be worked on
> don't have no bark nor bite..."

True I noticed a lot of people were even leaving the place right after Bon Jovi's set, and that was happening at the very front... I couldn't believe MY EYES !!!

But how could you miss all the action ? It was behind you I guess...

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 8, 2005 10:35

Yes there were a few youngsters who went there early for BJ and left, or at least went from the Front of stage after his set.

Still it is also true that he's been booed by a large part of the audience.
The day of the 1st show was very hot, and he played ballads, which did not wake up the audience. The 1st opening act, Eric Lapointe had a much more polite response from the audience than BJ.

I remember girls booing, people with flags mentionning Bon Jovshit etc.
A few plastic bottles flew on stage, and I remember they had to stop their set earlier than expected.

The 2nd day was rainy, fresher, they had a more rocking set, and they asked for help to Springsteen's Little Stevie Van Zandt.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: October 8, 2005 10:53

Really the second day was almost good openning with a CCR song (Rocking all over the world)? and later a Beatles cover ( may be LucySD?) with Little Steven.
From the first day, i remember the face of the keyboards player (kind of cute guy) smiling to an hostile crowd.

Date: October 8, 2005 15:47

marclaff Wrote:
> Really the second day was almost good openning
> with a CCR song (Rocking all over the world)?

are you sure about that? I remember them opening with "Hey God", the only track I enjoyed from them!

"got to be worked on

Posted by: Jack-flash ()
Date: October 8, 2005 16:56

From my point of view Bon Jovis performance wasn't as bad as you all say.
I've been to both shows and the first day their performance really wasn't so great. They just played 8 songs. The next day their performance was a lot better, Jon even talked some words in french. They played 10 songs, opened with Rocking all over the world (by Status Quo), Hey god was the second song. The beatles cover was With a little help from my friend, with Steve Van Zandt. The last song was a cover version of shout. That was my first experience with Bon Jovi ever.

Until today I've been to 57 Stones concerts (the last one were in Boston 2005) although I'm jsut 23 years old. I've seen a lot more awful opening acts than Bon Jovi. I didn't like the white stripes in Toronto 2002 for example. Their albums are quite good, but live I thought they were really bad.Also a lot of the opening acts in Europe last tour were not really special. We've all got different tastes some like this and some like that - and that's good.

That Jon Bon Jovi now offers teh Stones to open their show(s) at Wembley must be kind of a joke. I don't think he really ment that serious. Well maybe he did but he surely knows that Mick would never do that. Still it's a shame by the british authorities that a band from New Jersey is allowed to open the new Wembley.

Best regards - keep on rocking

Philipp

Date: October 8, 2005 22:49

somesmerized Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I realise the whole thing may be lost in the
> > translation, but you really are taking a
> joke
> > remark a bit seriously, dont you think?
> >
> > I mean - "Revenge"? Come on..
> >
> > I was at those shows, and to answer your
> question
> > - no, they didnt have to put up with any
> incidents
> > from the crowd
> >
> > Simply because I was standing too far back to
> hit
> > them....
>
> Where were you ?
>
> They were seriously booed from the beginning to
> the end. From where I was (30 metres away, center)
> chunks of earth were flying and I saw many many
> many many really high fingers (middle ones.) Also
> one guy had a huge sign saying "Stoned forever" on
> one side and "Bon Jovshit" on the other. He kept
> waving it right under their nose during the whole
> set. Didn't you see that ? Bon Jovi was like
> "C'mon talk to mee" and all I (and probably he)
> could see was more fingers (still middle ones) !!!

I was obviously a bit farther back than you, then. From your reports, my faith in the French is at a new high!

I actually only saw their show on the 2nd night. First night I had a VIP pass and one of the best things about was that I managed to avoid their set in that searing heat.

Date: October 9, 2005 01:01

> I was obviously a bit farther back than you, then.
> From your reports, my faith in the French is at a
> new high!
>
> I actually only saw their show on the 2nd night.
> First night I had a VIP pass and one of the best
> things about was that I managed to avoid their set
> in that searing heat.

Yeah !!! Storm at Longchamps hey ? Must have been a great night ! :0)

For the VIP pass : RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRESPECKT !!! ;0)

Date: October 9, 2005 04:49

pure fluke actually - just got it through a friend of a friend

Got pics taken with both Jerry hall and Darry Jones just before the show and managed to avoid Bon Jovi's set - which in retrospect was an even better treat

Date: October 9, 2005 16:18

Jack Flash, 57 Stones concerts at 23?

I tip my hat to you!

"got to be worked on

Posted by: Jack-flash ()
Date: October 9, 2005 17:12

Thanx Wild Slivovitz

Well my first show was in 1990 but since that year I've seen a lot of shows. This is just possible as my dad is a huge fan since the sixtees and so he travels with me to the shows. If some shows like (San Jose 99 or Hong Kong 03) haven't been cancelled it would have even be more, but you can't always get what you want as someone already sang in 1969.

Maybe I can even score some more shows early next year in the US. And next year many european shows of course.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: October 9, 2005 17:22

Bon Jovi is crap - the new CD sucks as well......

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: October 10, 2005 02:47

It's so funny you posted this on the forum. I was at the concert and at some point, Bon Jovi shouted at the end of a song " and what do you say about that" and I shouted like a mad man "fuuuuuuck offffffff!!!". it's only then that I realized there were these this die hard BJ fan, dressed like a caricature all in leather and biker stuff with his clone of a son and his daughter zho didn't look so happy about my comment. The guy just said "yeah, I guess you could say that".
Funniest thing which says a lot about Bj fan: they left before the Stones started their set...

Date: October 10, 2005 14:11

I remember this gig very well cause I went to france with my "that-time-girlfriend"; she`s a real great Bon Jovi Fan. We have been front row, and she was near crying when all those stones fans gave a shit for Bon Jovi. I also remember that lots of Stones fans were shouting the old "We want to stones"; others turned around showing the back to Bon Jovi. It was not my girlfriends day, but mine. The stones played brilliant and hot as that day was !

Posted by: LE PAUL JAGGER ()
Date: October 10, 2005 14:50

I was there and it was horrible...
I saw one are two tomatoes in the sky...

scuse my poor english, i don't have enough practice

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 10, 2005 15:05

During both shows the people went nuts..they really liked them! I was standing 20th row, both shows and it was really annoying to see the people go nuts during that groupĀ“s performance.

Posted by: LE PAUL JAGGER ()
Date: October 10, 2005 16:10

In my memories it was not that true on the 30th june show but maybe it's me

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home