Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

what were they like??
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 7, 2005 11:15

what i would love to know is how do concerts compare lets 1968 early 70s with today?
what was the atmosphere like at a rolling stones concert back then compared with today

do you prefer concerts of the late 60s early 70s or conerts of today?

Re: what were they like??
Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: October 7, 2005 11:25

Its a trade off, in those days the sound was often shit for technical reasons,but as a result the bands learned to play with power and dynamism, not like the flat pansies of today. Just check out the Stones with MT on the bootlegs you will get the idea. They dont make bands like that anymore (my god im getting old)

In some ways the great days were the early 80's, the technical setup was much better but there were still bands around who could play rock n roll in big venues, as well as the Stones, The Who,The Clash and The Ramones were all bands of stunning power who played live with no tricks,no synths,no playback in some cases no tuner! But they would rip the top of your head off.

The music spilled over into the atmosphere, the concerts were frenzied in a way you dont (often)see today.

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: October 7, 2005 13:22

Back then concerts were much more fun(of course, I was much younger, too?!)..with MUCH cheaper tickets, general seating (first come first serve)..and the atmosphere being what it was back then so much different (better?) than today. Obviously sound wasn't what it is today, but the 'feeling' was a whole 'nother ball game. Only the Stones can still generate it in me.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: October 7, 2005 15:16

Concerts from the 60's/70's were fresher with less demands upon the artists. It seemed like less of a business then, although today's shows are technically
more advanced. I think it's fair to compare it to sports in a way...30 years ago, it was more for the love of the game and not the money..now it reeks of corporate sponsership and the bottom line..the almighty buck..it seems like we
are paying more for less..imagine going to a concert with a family of four..or
a baseball game..parking..concession..tickets..souvenirs...you need to take out
a loan..

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: October 7, 2005 15:19

We had less expectations and the reward was sometimes better. But as I am also getting to like those seated arenas I do not want the time back. But it was fun staying out n the rain, waiting for hours to hear a spaced band and live the day like it was.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home