Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Satisfaction - Better B stage than Main
Posted by: tattoojack ()
Date: October 6, 2005 18:48

listening to satisfaction on several boots in recent past, b2b/licks/abb tours, which was almost always performed on the main stage, it is amazing how much more of a treat this classic, staple, most identifiable stones tune is, now that it has been incorporated into the mini set on the B stage.

When satisfaciton is performed on the main stage we get the cookie cutter version where most of the "satifactions" are filled in with the gospel, opera-esgue sounds of Lisa and Co. I love Lisa to death on gimme shelter, night time, and other blues/gospel genre selections. Lisa is awesome. However, getting a taste (in the audio sense of the word) of this cut on the b stage for this tour, jagger is alone in the delivery and it, to me, brings me back to a time as if I were old enough to have heard this song back in it's infant days in the 1960's. chilling!!

Now, when and if i get to hit a show on this tour, i will not be disappointed if satifaction is performed, only if not performed on the b stage.

bless you all.

Re: Satisfaction - Better B stage than Main
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 6, 2005 18:59

I said in another thread that Satisfaction is the ultimate B-stage song, and that PIB, Cloud, and Breakdown are, or would be, excellent choices as well. For me, at least, seeing them play these songs on a small stage where they have to stand close to one another evokes memories of seeing them on the Ed Sullivan Show. It helps to put them in their proper historical perspective. Corny as hell, I know, but screw you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-06 19:01 by tatters.

Date: October 6, 2005 19:04

not corny in the least tatters, and i pass on the "screw" offer!

Date: October 6, 2005 19:56

tattoojack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not corny in the least tatters, and i pass on the
> "screw" offer!

I wasn't telling YOU to screw off. That was meant as a preemptive strike at those who would disagree with us. Another good B-stage number: LSTNT, perhaps with Mick singing "Let's spend some TIME together". You know, just for the sake of authenticity.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:00

b stage is better for any song because it is the "pure" stones....no musical "cosmetics"

Date: October 6, 2005 20:08

What if they did the whole show there, on a stage the size of a boxing ring in the middle of the stadium? Wouldn't you be bored?

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:11

tatters Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What if they did the whole show there, on a stage
> the size of a boxing ring in the middle of the
> stadium? Wouldn't you be bored?

hell no!!!!! i'm there!!!

Date: October 6, 2005 20:21

i think the big stage is awesome in that proves the audience command that the stones have over 20,30,40K+ poeple. the b-stage is like a time machine for the young and old alike!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home