Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What's the next Cd y'all plan to buy?
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 5, 2005 19:48

i have a few on my mental list: the Dictators "viva la dictators" live....Iggy & the Stooges "1st" remaster and "Funhouse" remaster...The Plimsouls "one night in america" live remaster

Re: What's the next Cd y'all plan to buy?
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 5, 2005 19:49

I haven't got every Stones CD.

Date: October 5, 2005 19:50

The live one from this tour.

Date: October 5, 2005 19:51

i still need to re-buy "undercover", "dirty work" & "bridges to babylon" , "flashpoint".....and give them another listen

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 5, 2005 20:02

new Supergrass - Road to Rouen

new Big Star

going to try Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

Karl

Date: October 5, 2005 20:17

KSIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> new Supergrass - Road to Rouen
>
> new Big Star
>
> going to try Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
>
>
> Karl

forgot about the new bigstar...kinda curious...but wonder if chilton can pull it off

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 5, 2005 20:57

I bought it last week...I highly recommend Buddy Guy's new one, Bring Em' In. Keith Richards is even on it. Really good, one of Buddy's better efforts.

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: October 5, 2005 21:04

20 Miles "Life Doesn't Rhyme"

If you haven't heard these guys, then check them out asap

They have three other releases on Fat Possum records

Also, The Black Keys live DVD that came out yesterday.

Oh wait, that's not a CD.

Well, it's still music.

Date: October 5, 2005 21:07

Buy the soundtrack CD or DVD to Scorsese' Biopic on Dylan "No Direction Home". The CD has content not on the DVD and vice versa. It covers the period from Bob's beginning through 1966 - but this is when Bob single handedly pivoted the axis of the music world and influenced ALL that followed behind (Beatles, Stones, Electric Prunes - well maybe not the Prunes, but you get my point).

Date: October 5, 2005 21:08

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan Wrote:
> Buy the soundtrack CD or DVD to Scorsese' Biopic
> on Dylan "No Direction Home". The CD has content
> not on the DVD and vice versa. It covers the
> period from Bob's beginning through 1966 - but
> this is when Bob single handedly pivoted the axis
> of the music world and influenced ALL that
> followed behind (Beatles, Stones, Electric Prunes
> - well maybe not the Prunes, but you get my
> point).

yeah great stuff for the dylan fans....and we're still waiting for the arrival of the "next Dylan"...ha

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 5, 2005 21:20

I bought the new Franz Ferdinand cd last night, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it. I still need to pick up Roger Waters' Ca Ira that came out last week and plan to get the cd and dvd reissues of The Concert For Bangla Desh when they come out on October 25th.

Posted by: scenearts ()
Date: October 5, 2005 23:57

The new Kate Bush album in November, the new Cheap Trick Cd (whenever it comes out)...Leonard, the Dictators are an absolute blinder of a band.I love em..did you ever hear Manitoba; Wild Kingdom LP from way back early 90's I think..that one really rocked!!

Date: October 6, 2005 00:00

scenearts Wrote:
> The new Kate Bush album in November, the new Cheap
> Trick Cd (whenever it comes out)...Leonard, the
> Dictators are an absolute blinder of a band.I love
> em..did you ever hear Manitoba; Wild Kingdom LP
> from way back early 90's I think..that one really
> rocked!!

scenearts...yeah ive heard the wild kingdom lp....yeah good stuff...like the 'tators little brother....saw & played with the dictators in los angeles a few times....theyre still AWESOME!!!

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 6, 2005 00:36

scenearts, I also have that Kate Bush album in site for November. It's been 12 long years since The Red Shoes. Also in November I will get the Springsteen Born To Run 30th anniversary reissue with the remastered cd and 2 dvds.

Date: October 6, 2005 01:05

Halop - Yeah Kate;s taken even longer than the Stones!!-shouldn;t have told me about btr 30th reissue - gonna have to get that one too!

Leonard - back to the Dics a second - ever heard Ross the boss playing on 'Shakin Street' from 1980 ish..another blinder form way back when.

Date: October 6, 2005 01:09

scenearts Wrote:
>
>
> Leonard - back to the Dics a second - ever heard
> Ross the boss playing on 'Shakin Street' from 1980
> ish..another blinder form way back when.

didnt know about that...whats it on? Mc5 shakin street?

Date: October 6, 2005 01:16

Shakin Street was a French Metal band from the arly 80's. They has a girl singer called Fabienne Shine. There first lp actually featured a cover of 'Yesterdays papers' but the record was soso..second and last lp featured RTB on Lead- some blistering stuff on it -a great pop/metal lp well worth seeking out.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 6, 2005 01:56

rolling stones sticky fingers

the best of everclear

ac/dc dirty deeds

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: October 6, 2005 05:15

ART BLAKEY AND THE JAZZ MESSENGERS: BIG BEAT

Man, I have been waiting and waiting and waiting like a mofo for Rudy Van Gelder to do this classic Blue Note session justice for a long while now. Who can afford paying 150 bucks or 85 quid for an original pressing on wax? I prefer to spend ten bucks and get the new remastered cd.

The Stones are to me in rock and roll what WAYNE SHORTER is to me in jazz. I just love all the great tunes he wrote for Art Blakey in that late 50s early 60s period, especially the thought provoking ballads like "Diana".

Of course wouldn't it be the phatty bomb if the now aging Sonny Rollins made a surprise appearance this summer in Paris or London to jam with them on "Waiting on a friend". I bet Wayne would do it for 50 thousand bucks. Keith and the boys could afford and we would all just eat it up. You KNOW it!!!!!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: gut ()
Date: October 6, 2005 05:47

.......a live Son House recording from 1965

........or a Leadbelly Library of Congress/Allan Lomax recording

Love my roots music.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Date: October 6, 2005 05:52

Gut,

I love your style....... All that great country blues/folk music plays like candy when you get yer ears on.

Sounds great, man. I only have one terrific Ledbelly compilation and then one Son House cd which I believe is from the mid-60s. Gotta dig this music, man....It's where it ALL came from.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 6, 2005 05:58

American Primitive Vol. II 2CDs and booklet full of the late John Faheys favourite pre-war blues.

American Primitive Vol. II - Revenant 214

ROCKMAN

Date: October 6, 2005 05:59

Charles, see we have something in common - maybe just not politics!! winking smiley

Yep, I'm a Son House fanatic...I would crap my pants if the Stones ever did anything by him. He is the only blues man who I can come close to imitating on the Dobro, but never completely. His stuff was simple yet very powerful. He is the starting point as far as I'm concerned.

I hope to visit Leadbelly's grave in the near future. He is buried near Shreveport,Louisiana...I go thru there several times a year but can never find the time to make the side trip to go up to where he is.

Date: October 6, 2005 06:09

Hi Gut,

Yep, you should check out his grave. The one thing I remember about Shrevport is Cactus Cola. Yeah, man sounds great. Over the past 10 months I have been getting exposed to a lot of obscure country blues and Chicago blues artists via the Library here in Arizona. The cat I really dig is J.B. Lenoir who turned on John Mayall a lot. One cat that I want to start checking out is Johnny Shines who was a personal friend and contemporary of the great Robert Johnson. The one Johnny Shines that I have is freaking terrific!!!! So what about the politics.... after all, we are all human and we will eventually blow ourselves up. It makes no difference who is president or PM.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: October 6, 2005 06:26

Charles, I see you also have great taste in Jazz....Ken Burn's Jazz got me turned on really hot to it...my CD collection got huge after seeing it 4 years ago. And Rockman's got excellent roots taste too.

You would have loved my Blues Pilgramage that my friend and I took for 5 days last summer 2004. The Mississippi Delta - we visited Helena, Arkansas, and most of the places around Clarksdale and Cleveland, Mississippi - and ended the trip by almost going broke in Memphis' Beale Street. A once-in-a-lifetime trip - saw Muddy's cabin site, Parchman Prison, and the graves of Sonny Boy Wiliamson, Charley Patton, Mississippi John Hurt, Mississippi Fred McDowell. At Fred's grave, I played a little of "You Gotta Move". We visited the Robert Johnson sites, but that is only to look at the monuments... nobody knows where the hell he is buried,anyway.

I haven't got Johnny Shines cd, but I have tremendous respect for him. All the dvd's I've seen proved he was all together...a hell of alot of common sense.

I saw 90 year old Honeyboy Edwards this past Feb. for FREE. Sat on the front row. The Texas Commission of Arts sponsored him in a free concert and fed us lunch as well...for anyone in the public. Hell of a deal - got his autograph and spoke to him briefly.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 6, 2005 06:27

Charles track yaself down a copy of Johnny Shines doing Fishtail which is a souped up version of Robert Johnsons Terraplane Blues...Brilliant Slide!!

Johnny Shines & Robert Jnr Lockwood - Flyright 563

Also worth the search for Calvin Frazier who also travelled with Johnson and covered a copy of his tracks Double Crossing Woman ( Kind Hearted Woman) & I'm In The Highway Man (Terraplane Blues). No where near the power of Johnsons performances but well worth a listen

I'm In The Highway, Man - Calvin Frazier & Sampson Pittman - Flyright 542

ROCKMAN

Date: October 6, 2005 08:24

Thank you gentlemen! I will remember this!

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 6, 2005 09:02

Anyone know Is It Rolling, Bob?

Reggae versions of Dylan?

Almost a colour negative of Paint if Blue

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: October 6, 2005 13:50

Aerosmiths new live CD if I can track down a Dualdisc version.

Also boots of Boston 2005 and a new DVD of Charlie Is My Darling.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:24

I'd like to get some Stones and AC/DC re-issues. I need 'em!smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1370
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home