Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Keith in NYC, October 24
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 27, 2018 16:07

I think every show Keith played from '89 until his head injury was fueled by a few lines of coke to get him tight after drinking backstage.

Date: October 27, 2018 17:45

keithsman
Palace Revolution 2000
keithsman
dadrob
Keith has been seen with wine on instagram plenty of times since he took his xmas alcohol break.

I hope it is just the pants....clever style for incontinent folks...pre stained!

Patti looks great for what...60?? that is crazy.

If you are referring to the pic with Marianne Faithfull that was from the year before, i haven't seen any evidence of Keith drinking this year, he's on or he's off he can't do half measures, that's not the way it works for people like him.

Do you know what's in his glass, i don't think so, its easy to see and hear when Keith is drinking and he looks and sounds to be sober this year, good luck to him.

I understand what you're saying keithman, and I am just going on gut feeling myself, but I think Keith could drink socially. I got to be honest: I havent paid much attention to his drinking or not, but it doers seem like he is not drinking booze at all. It might just be for reasons other than If I take a drop I won't be able to stop"

Palace Revaluation i respectively disagree, if Keith's drinking its going to lead to more drinking, and i definitely think he has stopped altogether this year.

Being a bit obsessed with Keith over the years , especially when i was younger and looked up to him more, i got sucked into the whole thing of Keith drinking a bottle of JD and making it cool thing. Trying to follow Keith in that way leads to a few realizations about the man, because if i drank a bottle of JD it was probably a lot faster than Keith would drink it and unlike cool Keith i would invariably end up on my ass.
Yeah Keith can control his drinking very well, he doesn't binge on it, he savors it, watch any interview , he just occasionally sips, but being a full on drinker Keith keeps it going whereas mere mortals like me become so hungover we have to back off from the stuff.
So i'm only guessing but Keith isn't a pig in his drinking, he's not greedy, i think he enjoys it, but i also think when he is in the drink he is in the drink, more so as he has got older, when he toured in the 90's and and early 2000's he could always get tight with some coke if he had to much to drink before show time, since the head injury he didn't have that coke to fall back on and as a result we could see a decline in Keith's playing, i think he realizes now if he is to continue to play and not be an embarrassment he has to be sober, and Keith bless him, he's doing it, he is finally straight and playing great again.
What i'm saying is Keith has always taken things to the limit, but just about manages keep it together, he was functional, he could get away with his drinking and drug taking, and that is like walking the high wire without a net night after night, truly the stuff of a magician.smoking smiley

I think I said the same thing. If it did not come across, then I should have rephrased it. But I am of the same mind. Yes, Keith obviously used to hit it hard, but I always got the notion that he was pretty much enjoying it. It was his choice.
I never felt the vibe coming from him that I have felt in some addicts, where it is "I can not take a drink because I won't be able to stop".

It is funny what you say about the booze/coke combo. I would always see it the other way around. But that's just a personal stance.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 27, 2018 17:58

keefriff99
I think every show Keith played from '89 until his head injury was fueled by a few lines of coke to get him tight after drinking backstage.

wow.......

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: October 27, 2018 18:02

Rockman
We piss anywhere, man.
......………......... Brian Jones 1965

Lol...These boards need a 'Like' button....

Date: October 27, 2018 18:39

Cooltoplady
keefriff99

wow.......
Is that really so shocking? The idea that Keith did a few lines before hitting the stage is a no-brainer to me. How else did he keep that energy up?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 27, 2018 21:02

...yeah...like how do you get your job done every day with out it... right?

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: October 27, 2018 21:29

Hairball
Very nice, thanks bye bye johnny.
But wait... as I was scrolling down checking out Patti's stylish outfit, something distracted me...
Apologies if a rude observation, but did Keith pee-pee himself again?
Interesting shoes he's wearing, and he looks quite happy!

It is a patch...

Date: October 27, 2018 22:00

Rip This
Wow...I didn't think assuming that Keith was a daily cocaine user (at least while on tour) in the '90s and '00s was such a controversial opinion.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 27, 2018 22:11

"Great to pee here! Great to pee anywhere!" Sorry.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 27, 2018 22:16

keefriff99
Rip This
Wow...I didn't think assuming that Keith was a daily cocaine user (at least while on tour) in the '90s and '00s was such a controversial opinion.

Relax. You didn't say anything the Winos didn't already say.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 27, 2018 22:48

keefriff99
Rip This

I agree with you Keefriff99, its a fact and its obvious to see and it's part of the reason keith was so god damn good smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 28, 2018 00:31

keithsman
keefriff99
Rip This

I agree with you Keefriff99, its a fact and its obvious to see and it's part of the reason keith was so god damn good smiling smiley

Wait a darn minute...I always thought he was part of a Bible study group right before hitting the stage. Or maybe exercising vigorously with a hired trainer.
You're trying to tell me he was poisoning his body with evil substances?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 28, 2018 01:22

bye bye johnny
2018 Stephan Weiss Apple Awards at Stephan Weiss Studio

Aurora Rose/WWD

Looks like Keith has a fairly bad case of Rhinophyma, an hour and a half 'under the nurse' with a carbon dioxide laser would sort that out for $200.....get his nose back to how it would have been without that horrible disease...........

A friend of mine had it done, said it was the best thing he'd ever done for himself.......no more pain and total re-establishment of personal appearance confidence...

Although, I have to admit, from the photo, it doesn't look like he's got any issues in that department........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-28 01:28 by EddieByword.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 28, 2018 01:34

It's just a 75 year old's nose, nothing more nothing less, get over it.
Perhaps you would like his ears pulled back with a face peal and botox, on the other who gives a shit, Keith obviously doesn't so why should you.

Date: October 28, 2018 01:38

His nose looks fine for his age...considering all the abuse it's taken over the years, it's amazing it's still attached to his face.

A lot of other snorters have severely damaged their septums and nasal tissues over the years.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home