Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Any suggestions for solo Stones material?
Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: October 1, 2005 10:47

I'm more than aware of Mick's solo albums, but I really don't have much knowledge of Keith, Ronnie's or Charlie's solo efforts. Anybody have advice as to what albums are the necessary ones to have?

Re: Any suggestions for solo Stones material?
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 1, 2005 11:16

Keith: Talk Is Cheap, Main Offender
Ronnie: I've Got My Own Album To Do, Now Look, Slide On This
Charlie: CW & Jim Keltner Project, Watts At Scott's etc.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 1, 2005 20:59

ron wood...."gimme some neck"....solid album

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: October 1, 2005 21:32

Keith's Live at the Hollywood Palladium as well!smiling smiley

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 1, 2005 21:35

talk is cheap is mandatory.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 1, 2005 22:24

>> Keith's Live at the Hollywood Palladium as well <<

yeah! and don't miss the DVD of that show - that's an official release, but if you're up for bootleg DVDs too: the Winos' 93 Boston show is mighty fine as well. there are clips from both of those shows (along with some other very cool stuff) in the "multimedia" section of Keith's website:
[www.keithrichards.com]

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 1, 2005 22:26

Just to add to the above, Charlie's are all excellent: the first (Fulham Town Hall) was his big band doing classics, 'From One Charlie...' & 'Tribute to C. Parker w/ Strings' nice original bop by his quintet, then 2 featuring Bernard's splendid lead vocals on classic american songbook ("Warm & Tender" & "Long Ago & Far Away" -think NOT of Rod, but the great jazz & pop vocalists w/ small groups from the '50s) "Watts At Scotts" (2004, the Tentet, w/ marvelous take on Satisfaction), & the 2000 "CW/Jim Keltner Project" (begun during B2B, Charlie embraces samples, techno, etc but very organic sounding w/ Mick on synth, Keith, Blondie, etc)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 2, 2005 00:00

johnr...tells it well but if ya want a lil extra try for the Japanese copy of Long Ago & Far Away which has 2 bonus tracks...one being The Nearness Of You.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: October 2, 2005 00:12

Ronnie's "I'VE GOT MY OWN ALBUM TO DO" is a must!

It's recorded at the same time when they did the basic track for It's Only Rock 'n Roll (But I Like It) at Ron's house The Wick.

The album includes Jagger on backing vocals on I Can Feel The Fire and I'm I Groovin'You. Keith is great. Just listen to "Sure The One You Need". Rod Stewart and Mick Taylor are on the album and even George Harrison!

Check it out, you'll love it! THIS IS A MUST!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 2, 2005 00:18

I wish the Stones would bundle all their solo stuff together and sell it over the Internet, say for $50. There's a lot of stuff there so in a way that sounds cheap, but then again I doubt any of that stuff is exactly flying off the shelves at this point, so it would probably make the band members a lot more money than they are currently getting off so their solo albums.

I have all of the solo material from Mick and Keith (except guest appearances with other artists), but none of the solo work from the other band members. I'd like to get it all but there is just too much for me to go out and buy it as individual CDs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home