Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: The Rolling Stones Tours 2019 and on - North America next up
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 10, 2018 19:24

KevinLocksPerm
The idea of the Stones in their 80s (or very close to them) playing massive stadium shows seems like a step too far.

That's exactly the same sentiment as 'the general public' had, about 30-or-more years ago, towards the image (then glooming on the horizon) of "the Stones in their 50s"...

In fact, Mickj Jagger himself once said it 'd be ridiculous still doing what he does at the age of 40...

Funny, really.
Just saying.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: September 10, 2018 19:25

livefromuk
For what it’s worth I know someone that works at the Linc in Philly, first week of June dates are being discussed with promoter.

Thanks to you and BV for some straightforward info about shows... We who anticipate thank you!!!

Everybody worries about options... like tarps, and attendance figures... but don't forget: Concerts by The Rolling Stones are truly their option, and I am happy they still consider bringing the show to the people!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 10, 2018 19:41

bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman
Hairball
24FPS
It's hard to believe they could sell out a stadium in Los Angeles at primo prices these days. There's nothing new to sell. It's the never ending Greatest Hits tour, unless the new album has turned back time 30 years.

Los Angeles will be tough to sell out even if tickets are priced reasonably AND there's a new album that has turned the clock back 30 years - there's too many other alternatives for entertainment in L.A. for them to gouge fans too much. And no matter what the price, expect lots of discounts, price drops, selling tix via Costco, Groupon, etc. and scalpers getting stuck with inventory. But there's no way will they be as high as *Vegas '16 which were the highest priced US tickets ever maxing out at apprx. $800 for floor and all lower level - it was robbery. And even though it was an arena, they had trouble selling tix resulting in massive official price drops and scalpers desperately dumping tickets. In one sense it benefits those who are patient and/or on the fence, but why not make the tickets reasonable to begin with?

Haven't you told that story before?

50 & Counting wasn't just the name of a tour... ; )

It's all about context in relation to 24FPS's post. winking smiley If they have a hard time selling in a Vegas arena, then clearly they'll have a hard time selling in a massive stadium in Los Angeles.
Thankful you two pay attention to my posts lol, and are level headed enough not to completely flip out. But to honor bv's request, time to move on until rumours become facts.

grzegorz67
Hairball's a huge Rolling Stones fan and everyone else on here is a fan to some degree. However, that doesn't mean he has to give absolutely every aspect of everything they do unquestioning and gushing high praise.

Cheers grzegorz67. thumbs up

There should be an ignore button for a certain people so they don't have to read certain posts and flip out in the process.

From one long time fan to another, may the Stones keep on rolling...the good, the bad, and the ugly...warts and all.

And if you come to Southern California, I'll buy you a refreshment of your choice. smileys with beer

confused smileyRe: The Rolling Stones Tours 2019 and on - North America next up
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 10, 2018 19:56

Weird how so many people always miss the "context"confused smiley and then "flip out"confused smiley
cool smiley

Date: September 10, 2018 20:00

I was only referring to one particular poster (not you), but if you want to be lumped in with him that's your choice.
But don't you have better things to post about then stalking me around like an angry little watchdog? confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-10 20:01 by Hairball.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: September 10, 2018 20:00

thanks for the info BV, very kind of you. This time frame makes sense. I have heard about a big 50th Anniversary Woodstock Concert in August 2019 in upstate New York. You never can tell. I will be hitting lots of cities this tour. I have been saving for this and want to enjoy another round with the Stones. cheers from Chicago

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 10, 2018 20:01

Hairball
bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman

It's all about context in relation to 24FPS's post. winking smiley If they have a hard time selling in a Vegas arena, then clearly they'll have a hard time selling in a massive stadium in Los Angeles.
Thankful you two pay attention to my posts lol, and are level headed enough not to completely flip out. But to honor bv's request, time to move on until rumours become facts.

No worries. Dropped that bon mot as the story has indeed been told - many times. ; )

Date: September 10, 2018 20:14

bye bye johnny
Hairball
bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman

No worries. Dropped that bon mot as the story has indeed been told - many times. ; )

But I left out the good part this time!
Stop me if you've heard this one before...winking smiley...due to the poor sales and lack of demand, I was able to get floor seats at a third of the face value price the day of the show via stubhub!
The moral of the story is, they can price it as outrageously high as they want, but patience is a virtue and good things can sometimes happen for those who wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-10 20:14 by Hairball.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 10, 2018 21:02

EVERY worthy seat at EVERY show The Stones have played in the last 50 years has sold out.

Only morons focus on crappy nose bleed seats, seats up high behind the stage or tickets way way way in the back not selling out in 50 minutes. ALL of the good seats are sold every time.

But obviously the morons feel they must gather as many things as they can to complain about in their efforts to bash the Stones as often they can as they do their best to drive away actual fans of the band so they can monopolize IORR as whiner central.

If The Stones cared about "SELLING OUT" every single ticket they could play smaller venues, but why would they do that when they can play 30,000-80,000 capacity and sell out EVERY good viewing position, make a boatload of money and afford them to offer lucky dips and other good things?

The incessant whining by the usual 5-10 suspects posting here everyday all day all night is ridiculous as they pollute every thread with their BS. One can not read any thread on IORR without coming across these Debbie Downers.

Date: September 10, 2018 22:03

What are you talking about? Lots of great tickets are unsold. Thats the consequence of stretching the pricing as much as they can. It means they get more money from selling 90% of the tickets for top price than 100% for a lower price. In fact i bet they (promotors) feel that if they sell out the pricing was to low.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 10, 2018 22:14

It simply appears that some do not consider it a sell out when there are still seats available in the stadium. I don't believe anybody is complaining about them not selling out as much as they are pointing out a technicality. The truth still stands that Giants Stadium 2005 sold out 70,000 and the next year with tarps sold out at 49,000. That's all...no criticism...no complaints. If it's a sell out then cool.

When I go see them, I couldn't care less how many people are there. Nobody here does (I think). As long as I'm (we) are there.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 10, 2018 23:09

Leonioid
EVERY worthy seat at EVERY show The Stones have played in the last 50 years has sold out.

Only morons focus on crappy nose bleed seats, seats up high behind the stage or tickets way way way in the back not selling out in 50 minutes. ALL of the good seats are sold every time.

But obviously the morons feel they must gather as many things as they can to complain about in their efforts to bash the Stones as often they can as they do their best to drive away actual fans of the band so they can monopolize IORR as whiner central.

If The Stones cared about "SELLING OUT" every single ticket they could play smaller venues, but why would they do that when they can play 30,000-80,000 capacity and sell out EVERY good viewing position, make a boatload of money and afford them to offer lucky dips and other good things?

The incessant whining by the usual 5-10 suspects posting here everyday all day all night is ridiculous as they pollute every thread with their BS. One can not read any thread on IORR without coming across these Debbie Downers.

How many shows do you actually get to that you can make a bold claim like that? From my 28 years of going to shows it simply isn’t true though you are correct that the front sections are always fuller than the back ones as people tend to move forward and self upgrade by filling any empty seats there might be. From the promoter’s point of view, better to sell 80-90% of tickets at high prices than 100% at low prices. The Maths is uncomplicated.

In 2007, I was at the Stade de France and the entire top Tier was tarped off and there was plenty of room on the floor. I returned there in 2014 and the place was packed, top to bottom - a genuine bona fide sell out. Some shows sell better than others.

As for the 5-10 posters who upset you so much, why not just skip past them. It’s not hard.

Anyway, a June US & Canada Tour sounds good. Maybe you’ll even go to a show or 2!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 10, 2018 23:59

I don't think from the base of a high-priced arena gig can be be made direct corollaries to the success of a moderate-priced stadium gig. Probably still the potential fans of a rock and roll band are not yet acting like the customers of a Barbra Streisand Vegas show. That is to say, probably it would be easier for the Stones to find 50 000 people to buy 100$ tickets than 10 000 people 500$ tickets (numbers just symbolical, like Barbragrinning smiley).

If memory serves, the first and actual 50 YEARS AND COUNTING tour in America was an arena show tour, and there were some actual problems in selling out the shows (most likely due to high prices); at least the promoter AEG was reported to have some real difficulties in gaining anything out of it. Since then, the tours've been mostly typical stadium tours with a bit more moderate prices. Probably the 'extra' Vegas show last time around was just an exception to a rule or testing waters or something (like picking up the easy extra $$$ since they happened to playing there near).

- Doxa

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: September 11, 2018 00:22

anytime I get to see the stones now,is gravy,seen them every tour since 1981,and just the thought I could see them one more time, nxt spring or summer,if they make a texas stop Houston would be just fine,just thrills the hell out of me

Re: Shows in 2019
Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: September 11, 2018 04:33

tommycharles
Would be surprised if they play Sports Authority in Denver. They haven’t played Denver since 1 arena show in 2005, if they didn’t find enough demand for a stadium in ‘05/06, or any appearances at all from ‘12-‘18, it’s difficult to imagine 80,000 Colorado Stones fans suddenly materializing next year.

The size of Denver since 2005 has more than tripled as the whole population of Colorado. Saw a Stones cover band in Denver not too long ago and the place reached full capacity.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 11, 2018 05:13

Send It To me
St. Louis - home of Chuck Berry

Our baseball stadium, Busch Stadium, has been booking more shows lately, 2-3 per summer, and we have a nice big empty indoor football stadium.

Center of the country.

Bring it on!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 11, 2018 05:28

KevinLocksPerm
bv
And after that, I am sure they will be back to Europe, may be in 2022, 60 and counting.

Oh I do hope note. There has to come a point where enough is enough. They should pack it before they embarrass themselves. The idea of the Stones in their 80s (or very close to them) playing massive stadium shows seems like a step too far. Please let them retire with the minimum of fanfare before they reach that point

Myself I think after next years tour Charlie will say enough is enough. Can't see them playing in their 80s, just ain't gonna happen. They should retire on a high note.

Date: September 11, 2018 05:36

babyblue
KevinLocksPerm
bv
And after that, I am sure they will be back to Europe, may be in 2022, 60 and counting.

Oh I do hope note. There has to come a point where enough is enough. They should pack it before they embarrass themselves. The idea of the Stones in their 80s (or very close to them) playing massive stadium shows seems like a step too far. Please let them retire with the minimum of fanfare before they reach that point

Myself I think after next years tour Charlie will say enough is enough. Can't see them playing in their 80s, just ain't gonna happen. They should retire on a high note.

I would tend to agree as far as stadiums, arenas, and tours in general go, but they might be able to pull off a few small shows somewhere.
I've always thought a multi-night stint at Royal Albert Hall would be a perfect ending. That said, the future seems to depend on how Charlie feels and how well Keith can hold up.

Date: September 11, 2018 08:46

Hairball
babyblue
KevinLocksPerm
bv

I would tend to agree as far as stadiums, arenas, and tours in general go, but they might be able to pull off a few small shows somewhere.
I've always thought a multi-night stint at Royal Albert Hall would be a perfect ending. That said, the future seems to depend on how Charlie feels and how well Keith can hold up.

Date: September 11, 2018 08:47

babyblue
Hairball
babyblue
KevinLocksPerm
bv

I agree totally. Would love to hear Streets of Love next year.

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: September 11, 2018 11:17

Any news about WHEN will it happen? April/May, June or later? It's really important to me because I have to declarate my holiday plans at work soon...

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: September 11, 2018 11:58

babyblue
KevinLocksPerm
bv

I guess, ten years ago, most of us coudn't imagine that the Stones will perform ten years later such great shows as they now did this and last year. So let's wait, what time brings. The Rolling Stones already surprised the world for a lot of times.

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: September 11, 2018 16:53

I'm desperate for any idea of when also.........family hassling me to make holiday plans!!!

Date: September 11, 2018 18:15

glimmertwinz
I'm desperate for any idea of when also.........family hassling me to make holiday plans!!![/quote

Next year..be patient.

Date: September 11, 2018 21:11

How About Desert Trip 2 Oct 2019

Day One- Dylan and The Stones

Day Two - Neil and Paul

Day Three - The Who and Roger

I would go. Would it work? Why not?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 11, 2018 21:21

jumpontopofmebaby
How About Desert Trip 2 Oct 2019

Day One- Dylan and The Stones

Day Two - Neil and Paul

Day Three - The Who and Roger

I would go. Would it work? Why not?

I'd sign up again in a heartbeat.
Would also still stick with the camping option cool smiley
Absolute blast, and to be able to just stumble back to the camp after the show was fantastic!!

I think it could work again..
Perhaps throw a third act in for each night, starting late afternoon.. Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Plant... cool smiley

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 11, 2018 21:45

kovach
Send It To me

Our baseball stadium, Busch Stadium, has been booking more shows lately, 2-3 per summer, and we have a nice big empty indoor football stadium.

Center of the country.

Bring it on!

Yes Kovach ; they did one of their best pay per views from that stadium in 97

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 11, 2018 22:03

virgil

The stage did have a nice cozy fit in that stadium. Almost gave the impression of an arena setting.

Date: September 11, 2018 22:04

virgil
kovach
Send It To me

Center of the country.

Bring it on!

I was there ...2nd row isle seats at the center. And I am in the uncut video when Mick is announcing the band members!

I have looked for the uncut version lately and cannot find.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 11, 2018 22:29

Next year..be patient.[/quote]

I think we may yet get one more go around the globe ...Mick is healthy, Ron is healthy and still the youngster, Keith (never thought I'd say this) is healthy. Charlie is willing ...just

Just go if they hit your area

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home