Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Future of No Filter Tour
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 8, 2018 00:33

Warsaw is not the last show? Okay, but the last one in Europe I think.
We will not see another tour like No Filter here again. It's all over now (remember their age...).
Now it's some time left for the other continents.

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: June 8, 2018 01:53

A free show at Knebworth would be a nice way to wrap it up cool smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 8, 2018 03:07

GJB
I heard from what I consider a very knowledgable source that the current touring contract has insurance for the tour to be cancelled (with the stones not out of pocket) if something happens to Mick, Keith or Charlie but NOT Ronnie. So maybe, this sheds some light into the question of would they continue if something happened to Ronnie at least.

I personally think they would continue if something happened to Charlie. Although I always wonder how much reliance there is on Chuck especially from Mick. I wonder whether Matt Clifford is on hand to direct the band on stage should something happen to Chuck...

From a musical perspective I think replacing Ronnie would be hardest out of Charlie and Ronnie as in the live show he takes a lot of strain off Keith in solos etc and dancing about “putting on a show”. I hope it never comes to any of that... a four piece until the very end at the O2 in London winking smiley!

as I recall, the contract that leaked after the Aussie tour in 2014 got pulled after L'Wren Scott died indicated that both Keith & Ronnie were basically uninsurable at that time. That has more to do with their health history - and as said above, Ronnie's recent illness would make that the main reason why thats an issue, not his status within the band.

I find it incredulous that anyone would seriously believe that a band with an average age of about 75 would feel the desire to keep things going if one of the band members died. What makes people think they'd want to bother? They're already semi-retired from touring as it is. That would be all the reason in the world to hang it up. To date, they havent found a good one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 03:08 by Gazza.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 8, 2018 05:05

Gazza

I find it incredulous that anyone would seriously believe that a band with an average age of about 75 would feel the desire to keep things going if one of the band members died. What makes people think they'd want to bother? They're already semi-retired from touring as it is. That would be all the reason in the world to hang it up. To date, they havent found a good one.

Yes agree - at this late stage they would never think of of replacing a band member.

If one of the members does pass away, I can see Mick reviving his solo career with new solo material and some live appearances with a new band.
Maybe playing places like Coachella Festival that caters to a younger crowd, and doing the talk show circuit - the Jimmy Fallon show, etc.

But for the sake of argument, let imagine they did continue to carry on withe a replacement member. For me personally it's hard enough to find the motivation to see them as they currently are.
If another member goes and they decided for a replacement diluting things even further - not a chance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 05:06 by Hairball.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: June 8, 2018 05:40

I think we'll see another Far East tour later in the year, and I have a strong sense we'll see the Stones at the Exhibitionism opening in Sydney around dates in Oz. Just a feeling.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 8, 2018 08:34

Another European Tour in 2019 !!!!
Jeroen

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 8, 2018 09:38

I really doubt it.

Date: June 8, 2018 09:47

corriecas
Jeroen

Just Joking
Jeroen

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: June 8, 2018 10:24

While I can't imagine a Band Member beeing replaced at this point, Charlie can.
At least that is what he states in this interview.
[www.youtube.com]

I also wouldn't completely exclude the possibility of a third european leg considering their age. There are plenty of locations in and around europe that have not been played after the relatively small legs in 17 and 18. Portugal, Norway, Finland, Israel, Bulgaria, Romania, Russia maybe some festivals. I mean it' s unlikely but also not impossible. After watching the interview with Charlie I get the feeling it's getting to much for him.

If they wouldn't be in their 70's the next logic leg would be Australia/Asia. Considering their age I think either a combined leg USA/South America or a third european leg.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 10:25 by samMuc.

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: June 8, 2018 14:22

samMuc
While I can't imagine a Band Member beeing replaced at this point, Charlie can.
At least that is what he states in this interview.
[www.youtube.com]

I also wouldn't completely exclude the possibility of a third european leg considering their age. There are plenty of locations in and around europe that have not been played after the relatively small legs in 17 and 18. Portugal, Norway, Finland, Israel, Bulgaria, Romania, Russia maybe some festivals. I mean it' s unlikely but also not impossible. After watching the interview with Charlie I get the feeling it's getting to much for him.

If they wouldn't be in their 70's the next logic leg would be Australia/Asia. Considering their age I think either a combined leg USA/South America or a third european leg.

I think Charlie has always had that 'not really bothered' outlook. He doesn't like touring, he certainly has no time for the circus that is a stones tour but he loves to drum. The feeling I get is that as long as they keep asking him and there is enough down time between tour legs he will always oblige. I do agree that there is certainly room for more Euro shows in places like Romania, Sarajevo, Serbia, Bulgaria,Rome, Russia, Portugal. So it is possible but far more likely they will hit the USA or Japan/Asia as that's were the big $$$ are

Date: June 8, 2018 16:02

GJB

From a musical perspective I think replacing Ronnie would be hardest out of Charlie and Ronnie as in the live show he takes a lot of strain off Keith in solos etc and dancing about “putting on a show”. I hope it never comes to any of that... a four piece until the very end at the O2 in London winking smiley!

Waddy Wachtel could replace Ron the next concert. It's all about the original members.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 8, 2018 16:20

TheflyingDutchman

Waddy Wachtel could replace Ron the next concert.

And Steve Jordan could replace Charlie the next concert. winking smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 8, 2018 16:34

Irix
TheflyingDutchman

...and Dio's hologram could replace Mick the next concert.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 8, 2018 16:40

powerage78
You know I am a huge AC/DC fan, my fav band.
I am experienced so.
Sorry but the Stones, just my opinion, are Mick and Keith.
The Glimmer Twins would tour together without Charlie or Ronnie. Under the Stones banner certainly.
The Stones need Charlie and Ronnie smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: June 8, 2018 16:50

Kurt

Or Mick replaces the Stones with the Foo Fighters .... [www.YouTube.com] winking smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 17:01

Quite powerful !

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 8, 2018 17:22

Irix
TheflyingDutchman

Who would replace Chuck or Bernard? I could see a pro like Pino Palladino being able to replace Daryl on short notice (no offence to Daryl - more props to Pino) but seriously... God forbid something were to happen to anyone in the Stones production family but, considering Micks dependence on both Chuck and Daryl in the live setting, are either actually replaceable at this point?

Although we all have our emotional connections to the four band members, as illustrated above there are some people who could theoretically cover on guitar or drums should it ever be necessary to do so. But when I think about the roles of musical director/band leader and "co-vocalist", I struggle to think of people who would have the abilities to fill those shoes.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: June 8, 2018 17:28

mr_dja
Irix
TheflyingDutchman

Who would replace Chuck or Bernard? I could see a pro like Pino Palladino being able to replace Daryl on short notice (no offence to Daryl - more props to Pino) but seriously... God forbid something were to happen to anyone in the Stones production family but, considering Micks dependence on both Chuck and Daryl in the live setting, are either actually replaceable at this point?

Although we all have our emotional connections to the four band members, as illustrated above there are some people who could theoretically cover on guitar or drums should it ever be necessary to do so. But when I think about the roles of musical director/band leader and "co-vocalist", I struggle to think of people who would have the abilities to fill those shoes.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Buddy Guy.
Jeroen

Date: June 8, 2018 17:41

@#$%& Hell...

why not just arrange these things in your living room, add some moodlighting, fire up your lighters, drop the needle onto Side One of YaYa's and hope the record doesn't skip.

Date: June 8, 2018 17:50

Kurt

why not just arrange these things in your living room, add some moodlighting, fire up your lighters, drop the needle onto Side One of YaYa's and hope the record doesn't skip.

From 2062 until the eternity then .... smiling smiley

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 8, 2018 20:34

corriecas
corriecas
Jeroen

Just Joking
Jeroen
Fingers crossed Charlie draws the line at leaving Europe for touring purposes after this summer and it’s 15 Europe’s dates a summer here on in ;-)

Date: June 8, 2018 21:02

Kurt
Irix
TheflyingDutchman

You guys are misquoting me. In the end it's about the original members, that's what I wrote in the same post. No Keith-No Jagger-No Watts no Stones. They created their original sound. That's also why fans complain about Bill's absence- more then Taylor's absence. Brian and Stu, I don't know, I'll leave that to His Majesty. grinning smiley

Date: June 8, 2018 21:50

Sorry TfD...
just my attempt at pointing out the absurdity of it all.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 8, 2018 22:53

Kurt
@#$%& Hell...

Ha Ha Ha *

Date: June 8, 2018 23:17

Kurt
Sorry TfD...
just my attempt at pointing out the absurdity of it all.

No prob, of course it is absurd. . Just a few muses here.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 23:39

no one can be replaced imo.

that includes ronnie, hes been a member of the stones since 1975

any of the original 3 being replaced dilutes the band further to the point where i would question is it the rolling stones.

i dont want them to end up like one of these bands that go on for ever with no original members. football clubs get away with that, not bands.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 9, 2018 01:06

Kurt
@#$%& Hell...

because I already did.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 9, 2018 01:54

The Rolling Stones do not work like a country or a city, with a five years or twenty years plan. They are more like a football time, taking one game at a time. I.e one tour at a time. The tour is now. After the tour there will be another tour, which they of course do have some plans for, but that is not to be of any concern now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 9, 2018 03:08

Hey BV is done under on the cards for 2019 ?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 9, 2018 03:46

bv
After the tour there will be another tour, which they of course do have some plans for...

Always good to hear. thumbs up

As long as the Stones 'keep on rolling' all seems right with the world.
And whether I'm interested in going or not doesn't matter. Or if it's an arena or stadium doesn't matter - if they come to the SoCal area (or Vegas), I'll do my best to be there as it's tradition.
*Vegas does have a stadium for the UNLV Rebels football team at a cozy capacity of 35, 500 - hope to see them there. thumbs up

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2064
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home