Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Anybody know Wembley/North Wembley going back to 1979?
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 3, 2018 02:45

I'm trying to figure out what business replaced the old betting store (like OTB in the USA) that was located near the North Wembley station on East Ln / A4088. I think it was a "Mecca"?

Re: OT - Anybody know Wembley/North Wembley going back to 1979?
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 3, 2018 05:53

DREAMTIME
I'm trying to figure out what business replaced the old betting store (like OTB in the USA) that was located near the North Wembley station on East Ln / A4088. I think it was a "Mecca"?

If you're in the UK (preferably London) then it's not that hard if you are prepared to spend some time on it.

Go to the main (public/Council) Library for Wembley and ask to see the street directories. Kelly's? Teh internets may have made that sort of stuff redundant (which of course this exchange proves to be wrong) but as the World Wide Web wasn't released until about 1992, there ought to be stuff for 1979 in printed bound and published form.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: June 4, 2018 00:11

Thank-you. I'm in NYC and want to be able to hit the ground running in the short time I will be in London. I did a google walk to see if there was a shop I could call but they all look more recent.

Date: June 5, 2018 01:54

No Londoners Here?

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 5, 2018 02:25

the best way to travel from central london to wembley in the 70,s was to wait till an england v scotland match. and follow the discarded beer cans starting from trafalger square.

they led to wembley, and a wrecked goalpost.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home