Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

They give it, and still you complain
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: September 26, 2005 03:20

Yes, I'm referring to the oft-requested "Sway". You asked for it, over and over, and the band gave it to you. No, it wasn't perfect, but what did you expect for the first time?

I have had it -- you guys are spoiled children, not fans -- I am throughly sick to death of your ingratitude and bitching about a band you allegedly love.

I'm done with it. Let the trolls rule -- the fans should exit this forum en masse and let Bjornulf deal with the moaners and the whiners.

Good luck and goodbye.

Re: They give it, and still you complain
Posted by: johang ()
Date: September 26, 2005 03:24

Cool down Junior.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: September 26, 2005 03:26

I know exactly where you're coming from. I don't get the whole setlist problem with some people - maybe they're going to too many shows. Anyway, you're right, all it's been is Sway, Sway, Sway... and now complain complain complain. And you know they did it for these people - imagine what they're going to think when they read the bitching after finally playing it for these whiners...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 26, 2005 03:27

Hey man I ain't sookin'...great to hear it....playin' it over & over...flogging it death..lettin' it soak on in...lovin' it

ROCKMAN

Date: September 26, 2005 03:33

A new album - a new tour - stripped down to basics all around - Charlie's healthy - looks like Ronnie may be as well - I'd say our rock 'n' roll dreams have come true. I know I'm thankful & I won't be complaining. How could I???

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: September 26, 2005 03:40

Overall, I think MOST people are satisfied. There are a few permanent whiners on this board who may be fans, but not of the current Stones. They may have preferred the Stones retiring, but I think they're few in number. Don't let them get ya down.

ABB is a truly great album, they seem to be playing up to par, and all is well!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 26, 2005 04:47

ok, dad

Posted by: drake ()
Date: September 26, 2005 08:25

There will ALWAYS be someone who complains, even when wonderful things happen in the world of the Stones. Just take it with stride and know that you're not the only one in this boat.

Columbus was to be my last show this tour (for monetary reasons only) but one hell of a last show. And I'm keeping all my gear, so if I ever have another opportunity to see the Stones I'll bring back another winner.

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: September 26, 2005 13:14

I am VERY happy with Sway and Mr. Pitiful. Now, if they just keep it going and don't drop them right away I will very happy. If they add a few more and drop a few more (such as SMU or Miss You) I will be estatic.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 26, 2005 13:43

If you read the reviews from this tour then you will see that 95% i.e. almost every review is total satisfaction. Then there will always be some fans who always aim for more and complain. Some don't even go to the shows but they read set lists and complain. Some mis their past and want to turn the clock back to the 70's and complain. I would not bother one second about that. I could delete all those negative posts and it would be a perfect world here like in Disneyland or a Hollywood movie always with a happy ending but I think most people here are intelligent and they can make up their own mind.

Bjornulf

Date: September 26, 2005 13:58

Bjornulf, I agree to an extent but on the other hand, if I am paying good money, I expect a good show. If they came out and played no Stones song at all but only covers, would you still be ok or would that give you cause to complain?

I don't know about others but all I really want is more songs from ABB since that is the album they are promoting.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 26, 2005 14:57

If... There's no if. They do great shows every time. Some times it is 8 or 9 out of 10. Some times it is 7 out of 10. For me it has never been 1 or even 5 out of 10. They do only play one or two cover songs. I am not a big fan of hypothetical questions. I live in the real world. And even cover songs they turn into magic. Just listen to NIGHT TIME. It is a cover song but it is magic.

Actually, I am sure... If, if they do a show of cover songs only, I will get Mick's vocals, Keith and Ronnie's guitars, Charlie's drums, and it will be just great. I am sure. But it is very, very hypothetical.

And I don't think this "paying good money" thing is valid. If you think the Stones should be 10 times better than anything else because you pay 10 times as much then you should lower your expectations, buy a cheaper ticket and may be the show will be better.

All I see every time I walk out of any stadium or arena these days with the Stones is smiling faces. I don't see one single person queuing up asking for money back after the shows.

PS. If they played a lot more from the new album them most normal people attending the shows would be complaining. Because they don't come to hear the new songs. That is why they freak out when they play Ruby Tuesday or Paint It Black. Because it is family. They know it. They want to hear it. In fact they have been waiting for who knows 5, 10, 20 or may be 40 years to hear it live. And that is why it gets more quiet when they play Rough Justice.

Bjornulf

Date: September 26, 2005 15:01

I have not seen a good review yet? Just these fan reviews that are all one sided.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 26, 2005 15:08

johang Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have not seen a good review yet? Just these fan
> reviews that are all one sided.

Where have you read a bad review?? all the newspaper reviews I have read have been glowing?

Date: September 26, 2005 16:00

Bjornulf,

You, and others, write as if we have no right to complain. If I pay for a ticket I sure as hell have a right to complain. It's those who don't pay that have no right.

I guess just as you said, I live in the real world as well. I am not about to give a A+++ to every single thing the Stones put out whether it be a show, CD or DVD. They don't do 100% all the time. As soon as you acknowledge that fact the sooner we can welcome you back to the real world. Right now you just live in fantasy land where everything is perfect.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 26, 2005 16:11

how many threads is this now on one performance of one song...is anyone still awake?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-26 16:15 by Gazza.

Posted by: KYRIAKOS ()
Date: September 26, 2005 16:18

I agree with bassplayer617. It should be 'giving - receiving - giving back'. That's the principle of reciprocity and communication. An ongoing relationship.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 26, 2005 17:34

Johan G; you must live in a different universe from the one I crowd.
Sheer bad reviews is what you have seen.
Peculiar.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 26, 2005 17:44

I'm happy with the setlists overall but I am wishing for more variety. I think we'll get it as the tour goes on. I'm ecstatic they finally played Sway. Most people seem happy, there are just a few complainers. And so people complain, so what? It makes it more interesting and gives us all something to debate. I don't mind the complainers, but the complaining about the complainers is starting to get on my nerves. People have a right to their opinions no matter how much we may disagree with them.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 26, 2005 17:50

right - the only people without a right to their opinions are those who complain about complainers. that right was not extended in the original RS constitution according to the scholars.

Date: September 26, 2005 18:42

You have to argue it could be the all the time worst ending starting with Miss You for any major rock show?

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: September 26, 2005 19:16

Hey Johang,
What are you talking about? You haven't read any good reviews? Do you live under a rock? No media outlets where you live? Apparently you aren't reading a thing other than this board, there hasn't been a bad review of A Bigger Bang Yet! I've read plenty. And all the reviews are positive. So search out those reviews.. Ok?

I was Fortunate enough to see the STONES in Columbus, Ohio on Saturday. And MAN what a show! They Played SWAY!! Holy Sh*t is all I kept saying!!

And BV is right, there are people who have never seen the STONES, it's their first time, and when they hear the old stuff they are happy as hell to hear it! And those of us who have seen the Stones over 20 times, are happy to hear every song! I've heard Jumpin Jack Flash everytime, and you know what? I STILL LOVE IT!! Brown Sugar, Still TASTES SO GOOD!! I Love the New STONES record,and all the old stuff too. There is nothing I don't like.( except for Neighbours)!

However,I don't agree with BV that people get 'quieter' when they play Rough Justice, they sure as hell didn't get quiet in Columbus! And, They were stunned and amazed when They did Back of My Hand, and they went crazy when they did OH NO Not you again!! And the same thing when Keith did INFAMY!! So I guess I'll leave you with that... I gotta go!

And it was a GREAT SHOW FROM THE WORLDS GREATEST ROCK N ROLL BAND! They will be forever and ALWAYS!!

Rock ON~ Thank GOD for The Rolling STONES!!
Colleen~aka~Mickschick!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home