Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT March Madness NCAA
Date: March 16, 2018 03:17

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
mr_dja
.... assuming Tennessee makes it ...

2 words describe the Vols first game>>>> HULK SMASH!!!

As OU falls to RI in OT... AN EPITOME MARCH MADNESS GAME

not madness to me. the sooners should have never been in the tourney.

not madness that they lost...
madness of the closeness of the game at the end... and then tied... then overtime!!!

It is crazy fun and exciting to watch

yeah. i knew i should have picked loyola-chicago

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 16, 2018 03:52

It is madness to have these buffoons on CBS blathering their moronic crap while there is incredibly awesome close down to the wire games going on these other cable channels. I know the scheduling... but it is all owned byt the same company... but not everybody has cable.... and ....

AZTECS TIED IT UP!!!! WOW!!!

Date: March 16, 2018 03:53

HOLY CRAP IT IS RAINING THREES!!

COME ON AZTECS ... YOU CAN DO IT!!! DOWN BY 2!!! no time left ... make this shot!!

=========

well that was very exciting... and Scotty won his bet even if... you know...

AND ON TO THE NEXT GAME!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-16 03:56 by Leonioid.

Date: March 16, 2018 03:57

btw- Texas Tech's Evans showing how to be a pro and....
MAKE THE DAMNED FREE THROWS!!! Win the game!! Nice work

Date: March 16, 2018 04:06

Well, I am 10/12 (on fairly predictable easy to pick games)
and I have AZ, FLA, VA TECH, MICH in the night cap games... so away we go... PART 4... FUN!!!

Date: March 16, 2018 04:45

Freekin #13Buffalo is giving #4Arizona everything... and then some...
That was as intense, GET BUSY!!! half of Bball as I have ever seen... basically tied at the half.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-16 05:05 by Leonioid.

Date: March 16, 2018 06:06

Leonioid
Well, I am 10/12 (on fairly predictable easy to pick games)
and I have AZ, FLA, VA TECH, MICH in the night cap games... so away we go... PART 4... FUN!!!

Just testing the theory that says the surest and fastest way to jinx one's picks is to talk about them or post them grinning smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 16, 2018 07:25

Buffalo waxes Arizona. A 21 point beatdown. Their first ever NCAA tournament victory.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 16, 2018 14:39

12-4 for me yesterday.
Lost AZ, SDS, SFA, NCS
Although I am tied for points in my office pool, on guy has the opportunity to earn more points in the future than I do so I'm considering him ahead of me. Couldn't believe Houston pulled it out on SDS. I was feeling good about that upset for most of the game. Can't complain too much about AZ... I just picked the wrong 14 seed when I chose SFA over TT instead of Buf over AZ.

Only 4 more hours until Day 2 starts! WOO HOO!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 16, 2018 14:47

i have Houston, Bucknell & Cincy, in one of those Calcutta pools. I had to sweat out that Houston game yesterday, they almost blew it!

Date: March 16, 2018 15:39

mr_dja
12-4 for me yesterday.
Lost AZ, SDS, SFA, NCS
Although I am tied for points in my office pool, on guy has the opportunity to earn more points in the future than I do so I'm considering him ahead of me. Couldn't believe Houston pulled it out on SDS. I was feeling good about that upset for most of the game. Can't complain too much about AZ... I just picked the wrong 14 seed when I chose SFA over TT instead of Buf over AZ.

Only 4 more hours until Day 2 starts! WOO HOO!

Peace,
Mr DJA

smileys with beer Nice Work Mr DJA!

I went 12/16 too and the only real damage to my pool was AZ who I had in the Sweet 16. I have high high hopes for today.... hopes to keep those deep picks intact. It is like playing Battleship... Brackets slowly getting blown apart.grinning smiley

But... that why we play the game, cuz it is so much fun to have a reason to care about some schools which not only did I not know they had a good BBall team... hell, I never heard of some schools. But after studying this years crop before it all started, I edjumacated misef, got up to speed and was rooting for them!!! Gotta have a bracket.

ONTO TO DAY 2!!!

Date: March 16, 2018 15:47

my god is the PAC 12 garbage. i wish bill walton would stop calling them the conference of champions.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 17, 2018 00:16

Happy as hell in UB Bulls land

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 17, 2018 01:44

kind of laid up this weekend, so been watching all day. i didn't have energy to do a bracket. been some fun games today. i only saw a few yesterday as i was at docs most of the day. can't really spot a winner yet. could be interesting.

Date: March 17, 2018 01:49

Leonioid
[email protected]
Leonioid
[email protected]
Go San Diego State Aztecs!!!!!!!

Scotty
Irvine, CA

Hey Scotty, I will get on board that pick!!!
Houston U is only a 4 pt fav... could be a nice 11 seed upset!!

Go San Diego State Aztecs!!!!!!!

I am making my list... and now checking it twice... it is BBALLMAS EVE!!smiling bouncing smiley

My book gave Houston 4.5 points. I'll took that with $100. Always bet the underdog and take the points in the first round. Look for the small schools to upset the big name schools. They're hungry and looking for blood. Watching it right now.

Scotty

Hopefully you mean they are taking 4.5 away from Houston... and that seems like a good bet to me. I would take points all day (as many as possible) in BBall but I would never give more than 3-4 to any team... the game is just too crazy. Too many times it comes down to the last shot.

Good luck in the second half!!!

Oops. Miss type. Yer right. My team may have lost but made a hun. Never bet with your heart, bet with your head. Should have bet against Arizona. That was a blow out.

Scotty

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 17, 2018 04:41

for a couple seconds i thought Virginia was playing the marine corps

Date: March 17, 2018 05:13

Natlanta
for a couple seconds i thought Virginia was playing the marine corps

GO UMBC!!! I picked them to win this game over Virginia!!!

lol... yeah... no I didnt.. no one did... actually 0.8% of the people did and those are insane people and/or went to University Maryland Baltimore County... or the live by it... or they know someone who went there... or they thought about going there... or something.

HISTORY IN THE MAKING???!!!

16 seed UMBC up 52 - 40 on #1 seed Virgina with 7 minutes to go in the game!
16 seed UMBC up 61 - 44 on #1 seed Virgina with 3 minutes to go in the game!!!!!
16 seed UMBC up 67 - 50 on #1 seed Virgina with under 2 minutes to go in the game!!!!!!!!!!
16 seed UMBC up 74 - 54 on #1 seed Virgina with under 1 minute to go in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could it happen?? A 16 seed knock off a #1 seed?!!! FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER??!!

KA-BOOOOOM!!!!!

My condolences Virginia... that is a not fun... Ouch.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-17 05:35 by Leonioid.

Date: March 17, 2018 05:14

source - https:/ /tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/pickdistribution

Rank..... Team (Seed)... % Picked
1 .......... Virginia (1).... 99.1%
65......... UMBC (16)...... 0.8%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-17 05:19 by Leonioid.

Date: March 17, 2018 05:35

UVA= biggest joke in ncaa tournament history

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 17, 2018 06:16

keefriffhard4life
my god is the PAC 12 garbage. i wish bill walton would stop calling them the conference of champions.

Indeed the conference is terrible this year (I'm a UCLA grad embarrassed by the play-in loss)...however, the Pac 12 does have the most national championships all-time for all sports (over 500), with the next closest conference just over 300. It has also led the nation in NCAA titles in 16 of the last 17 years. So...Bill is quite correct!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 17, 2018 13:20

Madness!!!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 17, 2018 14:45

i’ve got that retriever fever

Posted by: ovalvox ()
Date: March 17, 2018 19:55

Air ball three Virginia got spanked. Typical Virginia team. Great defense horrible offense. To bad Virginia failed to play any defense last night. We all knew it would eventually happen. Just not to the top ranked team in the country. I haven't seen that many threes miss the basket completely in a long long time.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: March 17, 2018 20:39

Nova looking strong on D and O today vs Alabama, but they live or die by the 3.

Date: March 18, 2018 06:54

3 pointers, the shot clock and play reviews by officials make the game more fun,
even if the reviews sometimes take up a lot of time, at least they get "the call" correct (more often)

Date: March 18, 2018 06:59

and again... if ya can not make free throws you can not win the NCAA BBall tourney

""Houston forward Devin Davis missed a trio of free throws inside the final 30 seconds that could've put the Cougars ahead by two possessions.""

It is unforgivable to miss free throws...
I blame Shaq for the lackadaisical attitude towards free throws.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 18, 2018 14:10

I really didn’t want to, but in the end I looked up the meaning if lackadaisical.

Date: March 18, 2018 15:30

lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy; lackawannashootfreethrows

If ya ever saw Shaq shoot.... errrr.... try to shoot... errr... uhm...
If ya ever saw Shaq heave a ball in the general direction of the basket from the free throw line, ya know what I mean.

He didn't try, he didn't care, he never improved... It was painful to watch.
And he became a millionaire anyway... he is still making commercials... thatgoofyoldgoof.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-18 15:33 by Leonioid.

Posted by: ovalvox ()
Date: March 18, 2018 21:29

GO BLUE! Michigan wins in dramatic fashion. Sweet 16 for the fourth time in six years. Free throw shooting is massive in big games. Michigan made theirs down the stretch and they are one of the worst free throw shooting teams in America. The bun had a great two games but one guy can't win every game. Michigan doesn't start playing better they are going home next.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home