Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : Audioslave
Date: September 22, 2005 06:13

Any opinions of this band?

Re: OT : Audioslave
Posted by: heyheymymyitb ()
Date: September 22, 2005 06:41

I think as far as new mainstream bands go, they're better than most. I just don't like the fact that Tom Morello can come up with a good Zeppelin-stly riff, and ruin it with a solo ridden with lame guitar effects and overplaying. Eddie Van Halen has ruining good riffs with bad solos taken care of already.

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: September 22, 2005 07:44

I love Cornell and their new cd. Was never a fan until my older bro gave me their new cd. Think their slow songs are absouletly beautifull. Guitars and jams are just awesome. Negative side...They are alot like U2 with politics in their shows and alot of stupid stuff. Anyhow good question. I am interested to see if many Stones fans have picked them up.

TOM

Posted by: Josh2131 ()
Date: September 22, 2005 09:29

If anything, Tom Morello is great at making hardly anything sound like something. I think Audioslave are great and I love Van Halen too. EVH solo's rock, and they sure are hella complicated.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 22, 2005 09:47

I had big expectations, Rage were a tight band and Cornell a wonderful singer (try the temple of the dogs cd to understand why) but I have to say that the first cd was quite a let down.

Some very good numbers, but all in all it's a mediocre effort. I think that they can think of something better. All songs sound as if cut and paste tool was used alot!

I've read good reviews of their live shows. True: as far as I can tell from a dvd I downloaded and their live 8 performance, but, again, I can't see Rage's energy anymore and sure Cornell's extension is not the same of his early days.

I don't have the new cd. I'll probably get it when it's in nice price.

C

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: September 22, 2005 12:20

Doesn't Remind Me is a wicked song. The rest of the album is pretty lame rehashs of older material. Sound familar?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: September 22, 2005 12:51

They are a great band. I saw them live in july, great concert.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: September 22, 2005 15:01

thye rock
a cross between soundgarden and rage aginst the machine

you have the best of both worlds

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home