Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Prague Czech Republic travel and show info
Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 31, 2018 09:33

mpj200
Anybody coming to Prague from Stuttgart? I’m looking for the easiest way to travel from there to Prague?

I'm going to Stuttgart then going back to Paris to see Jack White, plane from Paris to Prague and train to Warsaw.

From Stuttgart to Praha the most simple is the bus or car i think

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 31, 2018 09:38

Any updates on that electronic wristband nonsense?

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: May 31, 2018 13:40

Tomorrow should be info on rollingstones.cz

Posted by: Fotinid ()
Date: May 31, 2018 14:29

I e-mailed Ticketpro and then another e-mail they gave me ([email protected]) about a week ago, and they just replied with the standard "the wristbans will be sent about a month before the start of the concert to the address you stated before purchasing the tickets."

Posted by: novica ()
Date: May 31, 2018 14:30

do Lucky Dip ticket people get wristbands as well ?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 1, 2018 13:10

mpj200

Anybody coming to Prague from Stuttgart? I’m looking for the easiest way to travel from there to Prague?

You could rent a car (one way) from e.g. Sixt Car Rental. It takes ca. 5 hours (486 km) by car via Autobahn A6 and Route E50.

There's no nonstop-flight: by plane it takes ca. 4.5 or 5.5 hours with 1 stop. By train (+bus) it takes ca. 6 hours. FlixBus takes 6 or 6.5 hours (direct).

[www.Sixt.com] · [www.Fly.com] · [www.Bahn.com] · [FlixBus.com] .

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 1, 2018 15:00

novica

[iorr.org]

Posted by: novica ()
Date: June 1, 2018 15:14

satisfaction2
novica

[iorr.org]

thanks satisfaction2
I saw that, back in April, and obviously completely forgot about it...
cheers

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: June 2, 2018 05:54

Irix
mpj200

You could rent a car (one way) from e.g. Sixt Car Rental. It takes ca. 5 hours (486 km) by car via Autobahn A6 and Route E50.

There's no nonstop-flight: by plane it takes ca. 4.5 or 5.5 hours with 1 stop. By train (+bus) it takes ca. 6 hours. FlixBus takes 6 or 6.5 hours (direct).

Thank you so much. Non stop bus looks to be the easiest. Will be checking out flixbus. Thanks again.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 3, 2018 00:22

And yet ‘still’ no word on Prague opener. Not that it much matters, but just kind of baffling.

Posted by: maggie80 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 23:15

zgredzik
People, are you coming from Poland? Or you will be coming from East countries by Poland?

Yes, from Krakow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 23:20 by maggie80.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: June 4, 2018 15:48

I am trying to find out the start time and opening act information. I can't find any times listed for the show start, and I did check the web site more than once. Is it listed anywhere?

Thank you.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 4, 2018 16:00

Stonesdude

Is it listed anywhere?

Not yet .... [www.RollingStones.com] :

Still one month to go. Start-times are probably the same as at the previous Shows.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 5, 2018 10:13

Morning everybody,
I receive my RFID/WRISTBAND today it come's with a booklet with all the information you need in Czech and English.... example how to create an account for the day to purchase food and drink's...They are keeping the metro open till 2am to ensure that everyone can leave without getting taxi's or uber's very smart decision..Check your post box today it should be there or in a day or so ...One month to go!!!! M

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: June 5, 2018 11:18

Hi mikey C,

thanks for the update !

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: June 5, 2018 11:23

The location worked very nice for the Guns N Roses show last year, so I hope it will be as enjoyable this year around ...

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: June 5, 2018 12:03

Irix
mpj200

I used the Bahn.com link to book a train/bus ticket (change in Nurnberg) for under 30 Euros. Leaves Stuttgart Hbf at 10:07 and arrives in central Prague at 16:25 on July 3. It appears the buses from Nurnberg to Prague are starting to fill up, but there were still many seats available as of now.

Date: June 5, 2018 12:09

Article in czech language incl. exclusive interview with promoter Serge Grimaux on
[casopis.headliner.cz] (works better with internet explorer than with chrome)
Grimaux said: "We we build third biggest city in CZ. Prague, Brno and Letnany...
...show must be ended at 11PM strictly. Metro (underground) will be open untill 2AM (usually is closed at midnight)...No parking place around Letnany, please use Metro."
sorry for my english.

Date: June 5, 2018 14:52

Hi Jenyk,

thanks for the info.

I will go by car.
What could you recommend me please, where should I leave my car ? In which metro station ? Or is there any good parking place with max 15min walking to the concert?

Thanks in advance !

Date: June 5, 2018 15:41

It depends where from you will come.
I found Park&Ride there:

[www.tsk-praha.cz]

Letnany P+R looks best but I think traffic around will be horrible.

Happy24, could you help, please? What could you recommend? (I ´m not from Prague too).

Posted by: Fotinid ()
Date: June 5, 2018 19:29

Hmm, I will be getting dropped off at Letnany by a friend's car and then picked up the same way, so what would you guys in Prague think would the best place to do this near the venue?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 5, 2018 22:09

jenyk
It depends where from you will come.
I found Park&Ride there:

[www.tsk-praha.cz]

Letnany P+R looks best but I think traffic around will be horrible.

Happy24, could you help, please? What could you recommend? (I ´m not from Prague too).

I am not from Prague either and I never use a car when I go to Prague for a concert. But I was at a concert at the Letnany airport the last year with my sister and she went by car. I warned her, that there are no parking places as it was announced just like before every concert at this venue. She tried to park the car at the shopping mall just next to the venue. She had no luck, but there was a huge sign, that there was a parking for the concert on the field next to the mall. She had no problem with parking the car there. She said it took her like an hour to get from there after the concert, but it was okay. That parking on the field was never announced anywhare. I guess it will be the same this time, but we can't be sure of course.

Date: June 5, 2018 22:23

Thanks Jenyk and Happy24 for the infos.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: June 6, 2018 00:36

I would recommend to leave your car at a parking place close to the underground line C and take the tube to/from the gig. This would be the most convenient imho. There are number of parking options available, including P&Rs as mentioned. Please note that P&Rs have notoriously low capacity, so have back-ups ready.
It's possible that some improvised parking places will emerge as land owners might take advatage pf the opportunity but it's uncertain and access might be complicated. The traffic at Letnany after the concert is always pretty bad so I wouldn't risk it. Safe travels!

Date: June 6, 2018 14:41

Did you guys get that bloody wristband already?

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 6, 2018 15:07

Got mine yesterday as well as everyone i know in Prague got there's as well...They were shipped from Budapest,Hungary....Guess that's where the Chip Factory is...

Date: June 6, 2018 16:43

I am not from Prague, but also from Czech rep. and I haven't got it yet. Wrote them an e-mail and got an authomatic response:

"We have received your inquiry and will respond to you within 48 business hours."

48 business hours? Seriously? What is that? Like 6 days? I have never seen this kind of bulls..t before. Well, just like everything around this particular concert so far

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-06 16:44 by Happy24.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 6, 2018 18:15

Send a message from facebook account.
[www.facebook.com]

I got a reply in 10 minutes.

"Hello, wristbands are send out to EU only, fans outside from EU have to pick up their wristbands directly in Prague."

Posted by: lukuc ()
Date: June 7, 2018 01:02

Happy24
I am not from Prague, but also from Czech rep. and I haven't got it yet. Wrote them an e-mail and got an authomatic response:

"We have received your inquiry and will respond to you within 48 business hours."

48 business hours? Seriously? What is that? Like 6 days? I have never seen this kind of bulls..t before. Well, just like everything around this particular concert so far

This is Czech Republic grinning smiley we are in special market ... most probably they mean 48 hours in business days... so in 2 days except weekend

Date: June 7, 2018 10:02

lukuc
Happy24

This is Czech Republic grinning smiley we are in special market ... most probably they mean 48 hours in business days... so in 2 days except weekend

Well, I think so too, but the Czech version is: "Dekujeme za Vas e-mail. Radi Vam na Vas email odpovime, nejpozdeji vsak do 48 pracovnich hodin," which acually means the same as in English, except that the word "vsak" makes no sense at all. So far everything about this conert was non-standard and in all cases worse than standard. I wonder what they prepare for us on the show day...

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1356
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home