Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Super Bowl Halftime Performances Ranked Worst To Best (Stones Are #8)
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 5, 2018 21:31

Remember that the whole parade of classic rock acts starting in 2005 was caused by Justin Timberlake ripping Janet Jackson's tunic open and revealing a bare breast (with a small cap over her nipple).

The more puritanical elements of the country went into collective meltdown (fueled by the Bush/Cheney FCC), so for the next 5-6 years, safer acts like McCartney, the Stones, the Who, Springsteen dominated the halftime shows. Starting back in 2011 or 2012, modern pop acts started to make a comeback.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 5, 2018 21:34

Thats why the only way we'll see Foo Fighters or Metallica at the Super Bowl is if they are matched with Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift unfortunately.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2018 22:00

Oh JEEZ....Justin Bieber...don't give them any ideas RollingFreak! eye popping smiley

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 6, 2018 00:44

Timberlake was less than stellar.

Elton John
John Fogerty
ZZ Top
Green Day
Beach Boys
Bob Seger

A few ideas.

But I would love to see the Sex Pistols at the SB.That's a dream.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 6, 2018 01:01

I think a Pussy Riot halftime show would be a nice courtesy to the football culture.
Of course, Agent Orange would see the billing and think it's an intimate party invite.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 6, 2018 01:37

Midnight Toker

Elton John
John Fogerty
ZZ Top
Green Day
Beach Boys
Bob Seger

A few ideas.

You might see Green Day at some point, but based on the past few years, the acts are trending younger. The Beach Boys would make sense when Los Angeles hosts in 2022, but Mike Love will be nearly 81 by then - and if Brian joined in, he would be almost 80!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 6, 2018 03:54

Superbowl television ratings the lowest they've been in eight years...they need to bring back the Stones for Superbowl 53!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 6, 2018 18:37

Hairball
Superbowl television ratings the lowest they've been in eight years...they need to bring back the Stones for Superbowl 53!

It's because of the Patriots, who "always win".

If it had been the Saints vs the Patriots a lot more people would've watched... Brees take apart the Patriots.

The Patriots won't be in the 2019 Super Bowl ala SB El Aye Aye Aye aka SB The Yes Yes Yes.

The Patriots showed themselves Sunday - they are officially too slow. Brady likes throwing at the ground now. Hell, his throws are too slow.

For 2018, Pittsburgh will be a joke this season. The Patriots will be above 500 this season. There's other teams getting good and better. New Orleans should be interesting. Hell, the NFC South will probably be interesting again. Houston will continue to flounder. KC and Washington... what an odd trade. Expect the Jets to stink yet again. The Giants will bumble. The Bills... they're on the edge. Rams, Vikings - certainly will be interesting to watch.

Cleveland will go 0-10 or so before "beating" someone.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 6, 2018 19:03

GasLightStreet
Hairball

It's because of the Patriots, who "always win".

If it had been the Saints vs the Patriots a lot more people would've watched... Brees take apart the Patriots.

The Patriots won't be in the 2019 Super Bowl ala SB El Aye Aye Aye aka SB The Yes Yes Yes.

The Patriots showed themselves Sunday - they are officially too slow. Brady likes throwing at the ground now. Hell, his throws are too slow.

For 2018, Pittsburgh will be a joke this season. The Patriots will be above 500 this season. There's other teams getting good and better. New Orleans should be interesting. Hell, the NFC South will probably be interesting again. Houston will continue to flounder. KC and Washington... what an odd trade. Expect the Jets to stink yet again. The Giants will bumble. The Bills... they're on the edge. Rams, Vikings - certainly will be interesting to watch.

Cleveland will go 0-10 or so before "beating" someone.

Houston could surprise you if they stay healthy. Really like Deshaun Watson. He may be something special.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 6, 2018 19:16

As stupid and senseless as I think it is, the "protests" had a measurable effect on viewing this season.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 6, 2018 22:51

An idiot hip hop fan doesn't like rock music

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 6, 2018 23:46

Hey timmy, they did use a university marching band: University of Michigan's.

JT is a very, very good dancer, I agree with that.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 7, 2018 00:06

MKjan
I think a Pussy Riot halftime show would be a nice courtesy to the football culture.
Of course, Agent Orange would see the billing and think it's an intimate party invite.

I don't think American football fans want to see these girls pissing on the national stage. But Russian and European soccer audiences for the next World Cup in Russia might enjoy this fetish.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 7, 2018 00:29

Jah Paul
Midnight Toker

Elton John
John Fogerty
ZZ Top
Green Day
Beach Boys
Bob Seger

A few ideas.

You might see Green Day at some point, but based on the past few years, the acts are trending younger. [b} The Beach Boys would make sense when Los Angeles hosts in 2022, but Mike Love will be nearly 81 by then - and if Brian joined in, he would be almost 80![/[/b]b]

The Beach Boys played Super Bowl 21.....well sort of (I was there).
They played before the game, not at half time, and it was 100% lip synced.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 7, 2018 03:18

dont know much about half time shows, i've seen only the stones so I cant compare myself
what I know is that they were totally playing live and they have been the only exception to a rule of prerecorded music parts
tells the superbowl aound engineer
[www.theverge.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 7, 2018 06:50

maumau
dont know much about half time shows, i've seen only the stones so I cant compare myself
what I know is that they were totally playing live and they have been the only exception to a rule of prerecorded music parts
[www.theverge.com]

“Background vocals are always pre-recorded. Most of the band is pre-recorded. The Rolling Stones was an exception in Detroit. They refused to do any backing tracks so that was all live.

thumbs up
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 7, 2018 06:53

maumau
[www.theverge.com]

Fantastic article, loved this bit about Prince:
“But, Prince was the most difficult because he’s nuts about sound. His team didn’t want to do the speaker carts. They said, “We’re not doing that. That doesn’t work for Prince. We have done stadiums for decades. We know how to do it. You need these big giant speaker arrays.”

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 7, 2018 07:40

35love
maumau
[www.theverge.com]

Fantastic article, loved this bit about Prince:
“But, Prince was the most difficult because he’s nuts about sound. His team didn’t want to do the speaker carts. They said, “We’re not doing that. That doesn’t work for Prince. We have done stadiums for decades. We know how to do it. You need these big giant speaker arrays.”

Prince doing the Super Bowl at all is truly amazing given everything everyone knows about him. How particular he was, how much stuff he does that then just gets completely thrown in the trash after so much work. The fact that he came out, agreed to everything, on the world stage, and basically was as greatest hits mainstream lovable Prince as he was is nothing short of miraculous. The fact that it was outstanding wasn't any big surprise, although I feel it is surprising that everyone loved it. Everyone knows and respects his talent, but I feel maybe besides the Purple Rain album and that While My Guitar Gently Weeps solo, the Super Bowl was one of 3 times Prince did and was exactly the way the world wanted him to be.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 7, 2018 08:15

35love
maumau
[www.theverge.com]

“Background vocals are always pre-recorded. Most of the band is pre-recorded. The Rolling Stones was an exception in Detroit. They refused to do any backing tracks so that was all live.

thumbs up
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 7, 2018 14:47

MKjan

Yep, Pussy Riot would be a...riot. Imagine the contrast between a Trump audience and Pussy Riot... At least it would be interesting and never boring.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 24, 2018 00:36

strat72
I remember staying up to watch The Stones at the Superbowl......Firstly, I remember thinking how the hell do people watch this sport? zzzzzzz..... Secondly, The Stones were poor.......

Were you at this SuperBowl? Commenting on something you only saw on video?

Date: May 24, 2018 00:48

I didn't care much for the Stones at Super Bowl Half Time

U2 was great...Prince was great...and I even thought Madonna was good.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1713
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home