Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Macca's fall!
Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: September 20, 2005 12:06

chippy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> arguably the greatest musician - songwriter ever
> ,,,ill b in philly this week for both
> shows....ROLL UP

It´s nice that a Stones-fan can say things like this! Thumbs up man!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 20, 2005 12:48

But everybody understand why one would make this sort of remark. On this board there is constant bashing of Stones related stuff: ticket prices, too high; setlist, not good; guitar solos, crappy; new CD, 6 out 16 songs boring; and so on. At the same people are screaming how good U2 and Paul McCartney are. Personally I find that both these artists produce boring material and I love the stones. It might be not very politically correct to suggest that sir Paul should break his neck, but it is surely not meant literally, all that is meant is that his sweet songs suck.
The postmodern advertising music that U2 produces is as remarkable as some new brand of washing powder. In the mean time there is a great band, that should be the subject at this board. It is no wonder that out of shear frustration some people use inappropriate language.

Date: September 20, 2005 13:05

If people don´t wanna read about Macca or u2 or any other band that people may write about as well here. Then why the f**k even read the threads and write in them?

Date: September 20, 2005 13:40

FYI most forums has a special section called OFF TOPIC, where forummembers can write about anything they like.
Since this fourum doesn´t has that "section" people post offtopic things here in the regular Stonesforum.

And.. regarding your post "andy":I´ll quote myself:

"If people don´t wanna read about Macca or u2 or any other band that people may write about as well here. Then why the f**k even read the threads and write in them?"

Date: September 20, 2005 13:40

Maybe Bjornulf could make a section where all the offtopic threds can be read and answered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-20 13:42 by Jimmie.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 20, 2005 14:10

Anyone interested in an off topic discussion about Captain @#$%&'s Holy Farts Club Band?

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: September 20, 2005 14:42

Arguably the greatest MOR entertainer still living.
Mom's and aunts just love him.

Anyway, he needed help to write all those 'great' songs. Just look what happened when he was left to his own devices......Mull of Kintwat, crucial.

Oily.

Date: September 20, 2005 14:51

help?
To write yesterday, helter skelter, for no one, penny laine, oh darling, let it be,come and get it, eleanor rigby,sgt pepper, fool on the hill, i´m down and so on?
yeah sure man...

If you don´t have a clue what you´re talking about then just zip it oki?

Mull of Kintyre was FYI written to see if there was a chance to get a hit with something other than punkmusic in 1977.
Just as the stones did with Miss you in 78.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 20, 2005 14:58

"help? To write yesterday, helter skelter, for no one, penny laine, oh darling, let it be,come and get it, eleanor rigby,sgt pepper, fool on the hill, i´m down and so on? yeah sure man..."

is this supposed to be proving he's good or crap ?

it kind of firms up the latter i'd say

Date: September 20, 2005 15:06

yeah.. well i guess that´s an opinion.. or not..

Posted by: davido ()
Date: September 20, 2005 15:41

Macca first stumbled after
the beatles broke up coz
on his own he lacks substance,
an edge. But he does write some
fine fine pop music all the same.
I wish him well.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 20, 2005 16:56

I'm going to hold out until I can see John Lennon myself...that I would turn out for.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home