Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT American Music Awards 2017
Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: November 20, 2017 03:28

On TV tonight. I must be gettin’ old. I only know/recognize Diana Ross. Don’t know any of the other artists. I guess that’s what happens when you grow up with The Stones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-20 04:28 by KingmanBarstow.

Re: American Music Awards 2017
Date: November 20, 2017 04:01

[m.youtube.com]

I’ll give it up - perhaps the last great R&R performance on an awards show?

You guys will have more stuff, I’m sure. Please submit (or FAX!).

Re: OT American Music Awards 2017
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 04:48

KingmanBarstow
On TV tonight. I must be gettin’ old. I only know/recognize Diana Ross. Don’t know any of the other artists. I guess that’s what happens when you grow up with The Stones!

I feel the same... but that's ok

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 05:18

KingmanBarstow
[m.youtube.com]

Believe it or not, this performance was key in making me a Stones fan. I caught it on TV when I was 15 and was just blown away by how much effortless cool they exuded. I bought Voodoo Lounge and Hot Rocks, and the rest is history.

Date: November 20, 2017 05:26

keefriff99
KingmanBarstow
[m.youtube.com]

Believe it or not, this performance was key in making me a Stones fan. I caught it on TV when I was 15 and was just blown away by how much effortless cool they exuded. I bought Voodoo Lounge and Hot Rocks, and the rest is history.

Good for you!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 10:22

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-20 10:23 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 10:24

keefriff99

Effortless Cool...great expression. You should trademark it! You got great taste, and a way with words!

Rod

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 20, 2017 21:53

The AMA's peaked in 1984 with Madonna, Prince, Springsteen. Prince brought down the house, live. Then they walked across the street and created 'We Are The World'.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 20, 2017 22:27

bitusa2012
keefriff99

Effortless Cool...great expression. You should trademark it! You got great taste, and a way with words!

Yep! Have to agree. Keith and those leg kicks, though....a bit like a spastic crane. grinning smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 22:53

latebloomer
bitusa2012
keefriff99

Yep! Have to agree. Keith and those leg kicks, though....a bit like a spastic crane. grinning smiley
I just love the contrasts between Keith and Ronnie in their long duster jackets, Mick in the Baron Samedi costume, and Charlie in the back drumming in a full suit and tie.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: November 20, 2017 23:22

When Mick was walking down the aisle the curly haired guy with his hands on his hips was a member of Minnie Vanilli.

He must have felt like a little imposter being in the company of a band that actually sang and played their music!

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 21, 2017 23:33

Diana Ross deserved the AMA Lifetime Achievement Award. thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

[www.youtube.com]

The Rolling Stones should receive the AMA Lifetime Achievement Award in 2018!hot smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2106
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home