Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Semi OT - The demise of rock and roll
Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 1, 2017 13:01

Not here to troll or anything, I think it's an interesting debate. I find it fun to do "demise" searches sometimes, the times they are a changing after all. For example, I have searched and read on "the demise of mp3 players" and "the demise of digital cameras," both victims of the rise of smartphones. And ironically enough, "the demise of film cameras" (and photographic film) was brought about by stand-alone digital cameras which are also gone. Or you can search on "the demise of cassettes." There are many very interesting articles to read when you do this. A more modern "demise" story relates to Blu-Ray disks. You have this great new format, and the format is evolving to 4K video, and it looks like it is never going to become as big as crappier DVDs because of streaming media. And of course DVDs have been in decline for many years now. And then to add insult to injury, Blu-Ray disks offer way better video quality than digital streaming and it might take another 10 years for streaming to have the same quality as current Blu-Ray disks.

So, I decided to search on "the demise of rock and roll." Another very similar search would be "the death of rock and roll." And there are a lot of articles out there that clearly show that this is the case. Anyway, not to be a party pooper but the times they are a changing.

Re: Semi OT - The demise of rock and roll
Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 15:26

let's demise this this post.

Date: October 1, 2017 19:21

Well, here is that dangerous search:

[www.google.ca]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 1, 2017 20:08

Thanks to the demise of message boards, we won't be discussing this in 10 years.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 1, 2017 23:04

What about the demise of the Mile High Club? Since they banned cigarettes, people apparently have less sex in airplanes, because they cannot share a smoke afterwards. smoking smiley

Date: October 1, 2017 23:26

Where there is a will there is a way!

[lovecloudvegas.com]

[milehighclub.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 2, 2017 09:35

Everything seems to be dead these days--rock music (multiple times), record collections, vinyl (was alive but is now dead again), the Rolling Stones' setlists, etc. sad smiley And yet in my personal universe, all is alive and well! (I'm not referring specifically to the Mile High Club, however, given that I don't fly as much as I used to.)

Date: October 2, 2017 12:47

Aquamarine
Everything seems to be dead these days--rock music (multiple times), record collections, vinyl (was alive but is now dead again), the Rolling Stones' setlists, etc. sad smiley And yet in my personal universe, all is alive and well! (I'm not referring specifically to the Mile High Club, however, given that I don't fly as much as I used to.)

Ironically enough, one day I was looking for a "neutral" online handle and for whatever reason the city of Denver spontaneously popped into my head which led to "MileHigh." Only a year or two later did the other connotation occur to me.

Segue into music: [www.youtube.com]

And sparing a thought for our brother and sister music lovers in Las Vegas that are gone too soon and for the people that put their lives on the line to protect us every day.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 2, 2017 21:01

everything seems to be in demise.

rock,n roll
vinyl and cd
comedy shows that are good to watch
the space race
aviation

we seem to be regressing as a species

everything seemed to peak from artists and technological achievements in the late 60,s early 70,s then it was slowly downhill.

nowadays, music is crap, comedy on tv is boring, concorde the future of aviation is dead, as is the ability to send men to the moon.

at least we retain nuclear bombs and the ability to self destruct.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: October 2, 2017 21:42

What if it was the demise of demise, would everything old will be new again and everyone be happy?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home