Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Just Picked Up The New Rolling Stone Magazine
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 10, 2005 16:45

I was surprised that Charlie seems to have no problem with the idea of the Stones someday going on without him. Keith (If You Tour Without Me I'll Cut Your Throat) Richards would have said "Over my dead body".

The guy that reviewed the album completely misinterpreted Dangerous Beauty. He said it's about the "S & M underworld as previously featured on When The Whip Comes Down." What a dork. He totally missed that it's about those chick soldiers in Iraq. Needless to say, he didn't get Rain Fall Down, either.

There's a lot more to Stones records than first meets the ear. So, yes, they DO have to grow on you. Maybe I've changed my mind about that. Maybe that's the mark of a truly great record.

Re: Just Picked Up The New Rolling Stone Magazine
Posted by: stuismissed ()
Date: September 10, 2005 17:15

Oh I suppose you get the songs because Mick and Keith explain the lyrics to you. Wow you must be an insider.

Date: September 10, 2005 17:32

Songs can mean whatever you want them to mean. Sometimes you might hear a lyric incorrectly and the words you think you hear might be even better than the actual lyric. As for what Mick's INTENTIONS were when he wrote Dangerous Beauty, there was a thread about that in which it was pretty well agreed upon that it was about the not so beautiful but undeniably dangerous Lynddie England. Sure, on a first listen, it might sound like he's talking about some pro domme, but a lot of Mick's lyrics are deliberately meant to be able to be interpreted in different ways, a song within a song, if you will. He says as much in the new RS interview, that it makes him uncomfortable to write about anything too directly.

Posted by: stuismissed ()
Date: September 10, 2005 17:41

Agreed to by whom, the arses here and on shidoobie.

Date: September 10, 2005 17:55

Okay, so you want the song to be about S & M because that's where your head is at. Fine. Knock yourself out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home