Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Gibson ES-335
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 10, 2005 11:44

I know Keith is a Chuck Berry lover, but that ES-335, especially the black one, just doesn't fit with him. He should drop the black one and use the red one. Listen to him playing it on the red one on the B2B/NS tours. It sounds allot crunchier than the black one. The black one only suits BB King. It's a big guitar and it requires a fat guy to play it. The red one is better. Why does he use it so little? On the B2B tour he played mostly on the red one, then on the Licks tour he used the black one for Gimmie Shelter, Rocks Off and so on. It really has that BB King sound and it doesn't fit with those kinds of songs. It does much better on songs like Nearness Of You and that kind of slower stuff, not on the rockers.

Re: The Gibson ES-335
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: September 10, 2005 12:23

Isn't it just black not red. Personally I like the black one, it is cool. The sound though is crap for rocknroll. You are right. He should get one of those MusicMan EVH guitars. They are light and shaped more like the tele, but they crank like a Gibson.

Posted by: nmaillot ()
Date: September 10, 2005 13:01

I still do not understand why Keith has stopped using the music man guitars.
Maybe he had some kind of sponsorship with music man which has ended in the mid 90s.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 10, 2005 15:37

nmaillot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still do not understand why Keith has stopped
> using the music man guitars.
> Maybe he had some kind of sponsorship with music
> man which has ended in the mid 90s.

I think he did, actually. He's also sponsored to say he's using Ernie Ball strings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home