Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MSG-NYC
Posted by: mickjackett ()
Date: September 10, 2005 06:12

Where will the true Stones fans be before the MSG show?

Re: MSG-NYC
Posted by: Prodigalson ()
Date: September 10, 2005 06:56

Mustang Harry's on 7th Avenue. There was a large crowd there before the shows in January 2003(4 Flicks arena show), Bjornulf included.Everyone wearing tour T-shirts from different cities and tours.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 10, 2005 13:45

Bjornulf never wears a Stones shirt, neither do I so we'll be the plain clothes/civilians in there.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 10, 2005 13:59

It has always been said that wearing the shirt of the band that is playing is rather poseur-esq. However, I do believe the Stones are the exception...so long as you are wearing something that us hardcore (ie insane) fans can pick out as special. The shirt from the night of, or the shirts from recent big tours (say 94' on) don't cut it...but those that make folks like us take notice are just right...but that's just been my view on it all.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 10, 2005 14:08

I don't wear a shirt because the Stones always made me feel that individualism is important so why should I dress like every one else? If I wanted to wear a uniform I'd join the army. And I don't need to wear an 'event' T to draw attention to my self.

So I'll sit there quietly and chat to who ever speaks along with BV. Have to say that most of the hardcore I know never wear Stones shirts.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 10, 2005 14:59

GR...i do agree with you for the most part...but I have seen many European shirts at US gigs...I guess showing that you're one of those who are THAT dedicated... Not saying that it's good or bad...but just seems (to me anyway) that the Stones are the ONE band you can get away with it...provided your shirt shows you've put in some dues.

Posted by: stuismissed ()
Date: September 10, 2005 17:45

I'll be there and plan to fart next to Stones Doug.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 10, 2005 19:23

I am still wearing my 5 dollars fruit of the loom t-shirts I bought in NYC during the previous MSG shows Jan 2003. They last forever. Have to check out the mart next door msg for some more. Recommended.

Yes. Mustang Harry is the place. I am currently on my way to Chicago actually over Lake Michican in an SK flight but tomorrow I will make a separate post about where to meet what to do and all of that about NYC. It seems that will be the place where a lot of hard core RS fans are coming - probably even more than we saw in Boston. Actually met the first one on the airport today. NYC will be busy, and the RS know it.

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1398
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home