Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Perfect Stones CD/Album
Date: September 10, 2005 06:02

Like all of you I am a huge Stones Fanatic. They are the Best RR group ever!!!!!

I was at Fenway opening night and had a blast. Have been to many many many other Stones concerts (Opening night on the "SW" tour in Philly was my favorite).

I just got the new album and I think it is solid - just Like "BTB", "SW" and "VL". Is it their best since "SG" -I say no. I think "VL" is their strongest work. There are some good moments with "ABB" but I am starting to here a lot of similarities with recent works. For instance "SOL" sounds a little like Mick's solo song "Brand New Set of Rules", and I could go on and on.

Just wondering what other Stones fanatics think would be the perfect Album. My idea would be:

1) Have a lot more space in their music like old times. I think they have gotten to tight between Keith and Ronnie. There is too much fill. Ever since "DW" and "U" they have not changed. It is almost like they have gotten too raw sounding.

2) Mick should stop trying to actually sing a song and talk/Rap through the all the songs - like he has done since Satisfaction, Far away eyes, I Go wild and all the other many great songs etc.....

3) Bring some acoustic songs back.

4) Write a few more gospel, african beats.

5) Get Daniel Lanois to produce an album. It would have more of a "moonlight mile sound"

Please don't get wrong - I think their latest Album is great and as I listen more and more it is all starting to fit.

PS Has anybody heard the the song "Linda Lu" on Bootleg - I wish they would record and release that song - it is a classic tune and it has all the ingredients which make the Stones the best.

Re: The Perfect Stones CD/Album
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2005 06:40

The only truly 100% PERFECT Stones album: Stripped.

By comparison, Sticky Fingers is about 99% perfect smiling smiley

Date: September 10, 2005 07:44

I would agree that "SF" is about as close to a perfect Album as you get!!!!

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: September 10, 2005 08:18

my perfect album would be:

Rough Justice
Let Me Down Slow
Back of my Hand
She Saw Me Coming
Oh No Not You Again
It Won't Take Long
Laugh I Nearly Died
Dangerous Beauty
Look What the Cat Dragged In
Driving Too Fast

It is playing on my stereo now. 10 tracks of rock'n'roll. Don't need anything else at the moment.

Posted by: KillRill ()
Date: September 10, 2005 12:06

IMO they've got 3:
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Some Girls

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home