Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Another Bang from Mick in Milwaukee
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: September 9, 2005 20:17

Another Neo Con or only done by mistake?

Isn't it funny to choose "Waiting on a friend" to be part of the MTV Hurricane Relief Show?

Packing all the legitimate critic in a naive song title.

I don't think he did it by mistake and that's why I love him for activities like this.

cheers

Re: Another Bang from Mick in Milwaukee
Posted by: NYCSTONESFREAK ()
Date: September 10, 2005 19:28

OT I always found it strange that waiting in a frinde a pretty big hit i the states was not on forty licks but "has anybody seen my baby was." A bomb and al around bad song.

Not to forget "Don't Stop,'

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 10, 2005 19:30

HEY MICK EVER HEAR OF A SONG CALLED GIMME SHELTER

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2005 23:17

I think the idea of playing Waiting on a Friend for the New Orleans gig is that you're missin' your friend, and you're waitin' for them to show up... I'm sure alot of folks in Louisiana and Mississippi are in that boat right now...

ALSO, for 9-11 they played 'Salt of the Earth" in tribute to the men and women of the FDNY and NYPD and port authority security who lost their lives... called em the salt of the earth, that's pretty damn cool too.

Gimme Shelter is just too EERIE, too spooky, talks about how I'm gonna fade away, I think it might come off too bleak for the situation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home