Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859Next
Current Page: 58 of 59
Re: Paris France travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: October 20, 2017 23:55

bardo_b
RoughJusticeOnYa
bardo_b
got 2 no filter pits lucky dip tarif for the 25th. e-tickets received by email.
can't say how happy I am!!

Please elaborate, Bardo -
You mean you have (had) Lucky Dips for the final gig, next wednesday (Oct. 25), yes?
And you were contacted just now (today - ...), per e-mail, regarding these "Lucky Dips", confirming you'll have Pit tix for them - nót as some sort of upgrade (so without surcharge/ extra payment), in fact: the pit tix were included in that mail... is that correct?

Seems like a very, very strange way of operating.
Definitely a first!! ("Lucky Dips" normally are to be picked up at the venue...)

I have LD for Oct. 25 as well; therefor I'd like to know what's happening.

Thx for extra info!

EDIT - It's OK - no need to elaborate any further. I just checked the previous pages over here...

I sincerely hope for everyone involved the UArena won't retract these purchases today just like they did in May...

(anyway: congratz to all with y'r PiT's. You're in for a treat!!... smoking smiley )

yep, I don't know what happened today. I was lucky dipped in Zurich, and had/have regular tickets for Lucca, Barcelona and Paris II.
I had a feeling they were releasing pits for Paris III in these days, and I was after that since 3/4 days.. Today I just was lucky enough to be in the right place at right moment for this very strange procedure. I'm afraid of getting an email saying that this was a mistake, in fact everytime I hear my phone ringing, I'm shaking ehehehe

I was one on the lucky(unlucky) people who managed to get pit tix in the may general sale, earlier this year. The next day I got this email, telling me it was a mistake and that my order was cancelled. I never ever had these tickets actually in hand.

Yesterday, I was again lucky when this 56 euro pit tix appeared. This time however , I could download these tickets immediatly. I think (hope) this time I can keep them.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 21, 2017 02:53

Did anyone do Fosse Or early entry? My friends have this package and were wondering What gate did you line up at? The email says gate 14, but I understand from reading the show 1 thread that this gate was closed? Actually, the email says as follows:

: Ouverture des « Early Access », accès jaune - entrée 14. Présence requise à cette heure-là car l’Early Access ne sera plus garanti après 17h30. Après 17h30 : les spectateurs seront redirigés vers l’entrée 33, accès violet

Gather at Gate 14 at 4:00 p.m, then at 5:30, redirected to Gate 33? Did they really do this? Any information would be appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-21 03:27 by drbryant.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 21, 2017 10:07

I was wondering about the same thing as drbryant. In fact I got that same email twice.

Date: October 21, 2017 11:07

I just asked U Arena on Facebook about which gate to go to with the Fosse Or package. They confirmed that it is indeed Gate 14, but also said: don't hesitate to ask for confirmation when you arrive.

Sheesh. We'll see, I guess. Anyway I will show up a bit before 4pm tomorrow.

Date: October 21, 2017 11:21

Topi
I just asked U Arena on Facebook about which gate to go to with the Fosse Or package. They confirmed that it is indeed Gate 14, but also said: don't hesitate to ask for confirmation when you arrive.

Sheesh. We'll see, I guess. Anyway I will show up a bit before 4pm tomorrow.

Sigh. . . Yeah, I guess if you want to be front and center at the B stageit's a 5-1/2 journey from Gate 14 to showtime. Wonder if it's worth it - my friends aren't huge fans. I have pit. smiling smiley

Date: October 21, 2017 11:24

What bugs me is that U Arena seems to be unable to give a clear definitive answer to anything. Regarding the camera policy it was like: "normally small pocket cameras are fine but beware, security may be tight." Huh?

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: October 21, 2017 12:12

Topi
What bugs me is that U Arena seems to be unable to give a clear definitive answer to anything. Regarding the camera policy it was like: "normally small pocket cameras are fine but beware, security may be tight." Huh?

Pocket camera is fine; just hold it in my hand and was no problem at all.
Been to 7 shows during No Filter and always managed to get it in...

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 21, 2017 17:55

For any vinyl collectors in Paris, I saw some interesting items at very high prices.

Two places not far from Gare du Nord.
One has a Spanish Sticky Fingers for 150 euros. I believe it is the 1980 EMI edition, but I am no expert (just read about here on IORR).

The other place has a sealed No Security for 120 euros.
Plus he has Stripped, Main Offender, Goddess in the Doorway. All expensive.
He also has a promo copy of It’s Only Rock n Roll with no track listing on the back.
For bootlegs, he has the Red Tongue Records box sets for Beggars Banquet and Between the Buttons. They come with vinyl and CDs.
Several other good pieces and all in good condition, but all expensive.

For HMS, there is a Dirty Work still in the red shrink wrap.

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: October 21, 2017 18:00

Hi guys,

I have arrived with My Mrs to Paris. We are staying in Notre-Dame area. After our dinner we would like to meet IORRians at any bar you guys prefer or recommend.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: October 21, 2017 19:11

Can you take small digital cameras into the U Arena?

Date: October 21, 2017 19:26

Anybody else staying at the Hilton La Défense?

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 21, 2017 20:42

No Filter Pit ticket holders, does your ticket say gate 14 but an email recently says gate 33 violet?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 21, 2017 20:47

Rollin92
No Filter Pit ticket holders, does your ticket say gate 14 but an email recently says gate 33 violet?

My ticket mentions no gate. And ‘Filter Pit’ instead of ‘No Filter Pit’.

Date: October 21, 2017 21:21

Rollin92

I did the hotel package from Event Travel and got this message

We hope you are looking forward to the Rolling Stones concert in Paris tomorrow.

We have been advised that guests with a 'NO FILTER' PIT ticket should now arrive for entry at GATE/PORTE 33 and NOT GATE/PORTE 14.

This is due to a crowd control procedure requested by the venue - we apologise for any inconvenience.

Please also note that there is NO EARLY ENTRY for 'No Filter' Pit ticket holders. Unfortunately if you join the EARLY ENTRY queue you will be refused entry at this point and redirected to Gate/Porte 33.

The show is incredible - we hope you enjoy your evening tomorrow.

Kind regards,
The Event Travel VIP Team

Date: October 21, 2017 21:52

drbryant
Rollin92

I did the hotel package from Event Travel and got this message

We hope you are looking forward to the Rolling Stones concert in Paris tomorrow.

We have been advised that guests with a 'NO FILTER' PIT ticket should now arrive for entry at GATE/PORTE 33 and NOT GATE/PORTE 14.

This is due to a crowd control procedure requested by the venue - we apologise for any inconvenience.

Please also note that there is NO EARLY ENTRY for 'No Filter' Pit ticket holders. Unfortunately if you join the EARLY ENTRY queue you will be refused entry at this point and redirected to Gate/Porte 33.

The show is incredible - we hope you enjoy your evening tomorrow.

Kind regards,
The Event Travel VIP Team

Thanks for sharing, glad to hear others have had the same message. Sounds as if we don't have to show up stupidly early either then.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 21, 2017 23:00

drbryant
Did anyone do Fosse Or early entry? My friends have this package and were wondering What gate did you line up at? The email says gate 14, but I understand from reading the show 1 thread that this gate was closed? Actually, the email says as follows:

: Ouverture des « Early Access », accès jaune - entrée 14. Présence requise à cette heure-là car l’Early Access ne sera plus garanti après 17h30. Après 17h30 : les spectateurs seront redirigés vers l’entrée 33, accès violet

Gather at Gate14 at 4:00 p.m, then at 5:30, redirected to Gate 33? Did they really do this? Any information would be appreciated.

We queued at 3pm at the 2 metal box containers at the street (look for jeune/yellow). You have to be there for the first check. Then they let you go on to the

side of the stadium. There (yellow early entry banners) you get your wristband (name checked from the ticket). They let you walk on to entrance 14. Dont go there first! You get your VIP bag and then they let you in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-21 23:08 by TooTough.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 21, 2017 23:02

I like it in Paris, but there is one thing I don't understand. I have been walking around all over Paris from noon until 5pm today, finally some hours off work. I walked from George V to the Eiffel tower to the Latin quarter to Bercy, crossing La seine many times, and then metro to Esplanada de la Defence.

Every time I ask for French beer in a bar, they offer Heineken, Leffe, Stella Artois, Sol etc. I ask if these are French (I know they are from The Netherlands, Belgium, Mexico), then they may be or may be not. So I ask for Kronenbourg 1664 and they say sorry they do not have it.I think I am going mad...

Bjornulf

Date: October 21, 2017 23:05

Do you have to push through fosse or and fosse to get to the pit entrance or is there a separate walkway?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 21, 2017 23:08

bv
I like it in Paris, but there is one thing I don't understand. I have been walking around all over Paris from noon until 5pm today, finally some hours off work. I walked from George V to the Eiffel tower to the Latin quarter to Bercy, crossing La seine many times, and then metro to Esplanada de la Defence.

Every time I ask for French beer in a bar, they offer Heineken, Leffe, Stella Artois, Sol etc. I ask if these are French (I know they are from The Netherlands, Belgium, Mexico), then they may be or may be not. So I ask for Kronenbourg 1664 and they say sorry they do not have it.I think I am going mad...

You are not allowed to complain about food or drink in Paris. THAT’s mad!
((joke))
I am in food heaven, and I went to the Louvre today! Literally a dream come true of mine!

Date: October 21, 2017 23:18

At the Some Girls bar right now, at the corner table with plexi and little queenie!

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 21, 2017 23:44

bv

Arf, I guess these places think they can just serve you anything. 1664 (ask for "une seize") is about the only major French beer I'll drink unless they have a "bière artisanale". Now my go-to draft beers are either Leffe or Grimbergen (unless they happen to have an IPA on draft, which is becoming easier to find in Paris these days!).

A ta santé!

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 21, 2017 23:51

Topi
At the Some Girls bar right now, at the corner table with plexi and little queenie!

Went to this bar 3 times in the past 10 days...hugely disappointed. As someone already pointed out, it's not the same owner, so the music tends to be loud and obnoxious (I was happy to hear Iron Maiden's Alexander the Great the other night, but still, I go to the city's metal bars when I want to headbang); Some Girls used to be a great place to hang out and listen to the Stones at a conversation-friendly volume.

Last night was my final night there; had a brief chat with the former owner who happened to be there; he was picking up a few framed Stones albums that used to hang proudly on the walls. He sold the bar but not the stuff, he says! Didn't catch his name, but he's a nice fellow, freshly retired, and he enjoyed the show Thursday.

Hope your experience tonight is a good one though, I'm stuck on the other side of town!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 21, 2017 23:55

It was great to be back to Bercy for a brief visit today. I stayed there for a week in 2003 with my wife. She waited patiently while I did a side trip to Marseille, for the show there, then we had one great week at Bercy. three shows in Paris S, M, L, I just can't believe it is now 14 years ago. Even the Bondy rehearsals in Paris Oct/Nov 2012 are five years ago. How time flies.

Bjornulf

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: October 22, 2017 00:51

Topi
As there anything going on in Some Girls right now?

Date: October 22, 2017 02:46

FrogSugar
Topi

Went to this bar 3 times in the past 10 days...hugely disappointed. As someone already pointed out, it's not the same owner, so the music tends to be loud and obnoxious (I was happy to hear Iron Maiden's Alexander the Great the other night, but still, I go to the city's metal bars when I want to headbang); Some Girls used to be a great place to hang out and listen to the Stones at a conversation-friendly volume.

Last night was my final night there; had a brief chat with the former owner who happened to be there; he was picking up a few framed Stones albums that used to hang proudly on the walls. He sold the bar but not the stuff, he says! Didn't catch his name, but he's a nice fellow, freshly retired, and he enjoyed the show Thursday.

Hope your experience tonight is a good one though, I'm stuck on the other side of town!

Me and my friends liked Some Girls very much! Tonight all they played was Stones music. We stayed there until 12:30am by which time it was time to catch the last metro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-22 02:49 by Topi.

Date: October 22, 2017 02:59

TooTough
drbryant

Gather at Gate14 at 4:00 p.m, then at 5:30, redirected to Gate 33? Did they really do this? Any information would be appreciated.

We queued at 3pm at the 2 metal box containers at the street (look for jeune/yellow). You have to be there for the first check. Then they let you go on to the

side of the stadium. There (yellow early entry banners) you get your wristband (name checked from the ticket). They let you walk on to entrance 14. Dont go there first! You get your VIP bag and then they let you in.

Thanks for the tip, TooTough!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 22, 2017 03:21

Topi

Any pics to share with us?

Date: October 22, 2017 11:01

Sorry, I didn't take too many. I know plexi took some. The couple of photos I took were just of the bar, not any particular people. They're on my Facebook and I can try to find a way to link them on here when I get to a proper desktop. Harder to do with a cell.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 24, 2017 01:49

The Sicilian
Topi

Any pics to share with us?

Tim Bernardis took a few!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 24, 2017 11:20

The first 2 shows in Paris were great !
Hope for a few more variations in the set list of the final show.

Paris had lots of the seldomly played song of the tour during recent shows like Bitch, OOC etc...

Play With Fire would be awesome : 1st and final show.
Dancing with Mr D a second time too
I would drop Tumbling Dice and play 2 short songs instead, making a sequence od 3 B&L songs plus another short one to promote On Air

Could go like this :

1. JJF or SFTD
2. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
3. Play with Fire
4. Hate to See You Go
5. Just Your Fool
6. Ride 'Em on Down
7. One song from "On Air" Around And Around (which would also be a Chuck Berry tribute), Come On...
8. Dancing With Mr. D
9. Web vote
10. You Can't Always Get What You Want
and as usual

This wouldn't add much to the show in duration but I think it could be great !
What do you think ?

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859Next
Current Page: 58 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home