Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Winning Ugly London Mix!
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 10, 2017 16:23

HMS
Sometimes you can find very precious things in a garbage dump....

This is my final rating and I´ve been very very critical, it´s not a fanboy´s rating:

No it's not.

HMS
GLS, you are the poseur. Your hatred for DW seems exaggerated and totally over the top when everybody can see that there are at least 4-5 songs on DW that should and would please even the most critical fan (One Hit, Harlem Shuffle, DW, Had It With You, Sleep Tonight). It´s time for you to confess that you are just kidding when you ring out statements like "polished turd" "steaming heap of shit" "worst album ever by any band" etc etc.

How original.

There's only the truth: You like a steaming heaping pile of shit for an album. You like bad music.

Fortunately they'll not play anything again from their worst ever release.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 10, 2017 16:46

vertigojoe
You've gotta say if HMS with his Dirty Work etc etc is a troll he's bloody persistent. Most would have given up by now.

HMS and GLS keep each other alive.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 10, 2017 16:51

I always enjoy making a list, so here's mine for DW.

One Hit To The Body --- 7/10 I enjoy the song very much, I think the guitars are fantastic and I like Mick's voice and parts of the lyrics. The break is also very good. A pity about the 80's production (bass, drums, etc...)
Fight --- 5/10 The guitars do great stuff, but it's no song, just a lot of noise.
Harlem Shuffle --- 7/10 Decent cover
Hold Back --- Let's pretend this never happened
Too Rude --- 1/10 The Stones are rarely good at reggae and this is their all-time worst effort.
Winning Ugly --- 6/10. The song is potentially very good, the guitars great. It gets ruined by the 80's sound (especially the terrible sound of the bass). But I appreciate the effort.
Back To Zero --- Let's pretend this never happened
Dirty Work --- 5/10 A very weak rocker
Had it With You --- 5/10 A very weak rocker
Sleep Tonight --- 7/10 A good song actually, but somehow they should have worked it more

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 10, 2017 16:58

There are several nuggets that could have been good. If the band had a good producer, were working together more cohesively, and oh yeah, had a GOOD PRODUCER! The albums as it stands is barely listenable. Yeah, ok, a few half way decent songs, One Hit, Had it With You, Harlem Shuffle, Sleep Tonight, Too Rude... but I don't choose to listen to this album ever. And rarely choose to listen to those songs because even the halfway decent songs are ruined by crap sound. As some have posted the boots of them prior to being swallowed in 80s echo crap are ok. But still some of Mick's worst recorded singing ever. The guy totally phoned in his performance on this album thinking he can just growl and grunt his way through it. And again, compare to his singing on She's the Boss (not a great album, but a few ok songs) and his voice is much better.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 10, 2017 18:09

[www.discogs.com]

There not too many remixes from the Rolling Stones that I like. Winning Ugly London Mix I like a lot. More than the album version.

I didn't like Dirty Work much at first but the album grew on me like Exile on Main Street did. It gets better with time.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 10, 2017 18:11

Tyson vs Holyfield ear bite

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 11, 2017 16:21

There were 2 remixes of Winning Ugly?

How awful.

Looking at the artwork of Winning Ugly, One Hit and the LP is probably the same as eating a bag of Skittles at once. It's so vomitory.

Harlem Shuffle was nice.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 11, 2017 18:22

To each his own but SIMPLY AWFUL

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home