Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: It's certainly their best record since 1978s Some Girls
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: September 6, 2005 01:15

BIGGER BANG IS BRILLIANT.STONES IN 2005 JUST LIKE IN 1965,1698,1971,1973,1978
AND SO ON,ALL THE SO CALLED FANS START LIVIN IN 2005.
STONES ARE A WAY OF LIFE SINCE 1964,GROW UP AND ROCK TO THE STONES IN
2005.KISH.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 6, 2005 01:21

"Some girls" has 10 songs and the half of them are mediocre at best: "Just my imagination", "When the whip comes down", "Lies", "Before they make me run" and the abominable "Miss you" (urgh).

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 6, 2005 01:32

It's too early too compare ABB with any previous albums...it's somehow downright stupid.

Those who claim that ABB is not as good as earlier albums should take into account that you listened to the old stuff probably a million times, and therefore old stuff sounds more familiar - if it is better is different topic.

And those who claim that ABB is the "best since..." should take into account that we had an 8 year gap regarding NEW songs (if you don't count the 4 on 40 Licks). So we're keen, hot, enthusiastic, whatever...to hear new material. There's a certain novelty effect. And this might also influence our judgement.

Let's wait and see if ABB stands the test of time! For the time being, it's enough to state that it's a good album. If you like it -like I do- : GOOD!
Today is the official release date...this is simply too fresh. You don't do this album fair justice if you compare it with older ones.

This whole "best since..." bullshit could be heard anytime a new one came out. And by now, many fans bash Undercover, Dirty Work, Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge and Bridges. Just hope ABB does not have the same fate.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home