Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones thread from Dylanpool...............
Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: September 4, 2005 18:25

the shoeless hunter is yours truly..................

[pool.dylantree.com]

Re: Stones thread from Dylanpool...............
Posted by: maurizio ()
Date: September 4, 2005 19:45

so funny!

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: September 4, 2005 19:49

There are pretty entertaining discussions going on at Dylanpool.
Billy, please don't mention the Dylan song Wiggle Wiggle to Mr Coat, he might freak out again.

A couple of fave quotes:

i hate them, look at these new lyrics:
"i used to be your rooster, now im just another one of your cocks"
oooohhhhhh, i sense a nobel prize for literature nomination........

The stones=a fake, overrated, copycat.

"Jeff Beck declined to join the Rolling Stones because he said he didn't want to sit around playing the same 12-bar blues for the rest of his life".

"Instead Jeff went on to play iffy jazz-rock with Jan Hammer!!"

"and the lyric YOU mention Mr Coat is not the only lyric the stones have written - hmmm.... even bard's have their off-days then?".

"I'd guess, Mr Coat that you are uinfamiliar with the magnificence of Exile, Sticky Fingers, Let it Bleed, Beggars Banquet and Aftermath - not to mention the 4 DVD set from the last Stones tour "4 Licks" which is the Stones at their very best - so they are old, but they are great "

"sticky fingers - the name alone makes me want to ignore it".

"so im browsing the rolling stones lyrics and have been proved WRONG.im very sorry. check out this masterpiece from their 1995 album, stripped:
Like a Rolling stone. isnt it clever how theyve got the name of their band in there????""

"Funniest thread for ages - Mr Coat lighten up eh? The Stones are amongst the greats only a @#$%& idiot would deny that!!"

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: September 6, 2005 00:35

I love Dylan's records, but Dylan fandom has always been a well-known refuge for the intellectually insecure.

It's pretty funny: The fact that Dylan fans are so obesessed with artistic seriousness makes them ideal suckers for Zimmy's tricks--from Newport, 1965 to Victoria's Secret and Starbucks.

Meanwhile, the man himself is out there covering "Brown Sugar."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home