Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Spanish Tony Sanchez Does Have Family
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 8, 2017 14:49

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but Tony did an interview just prior to the publication of his book where he said that Keith threatened him at gunpoint not to publish the book. Maybe Tony toned it down some after that altercation. Who knows what Keith was really like during those years. Keith has mentioned being shot at in various interviews but remains sketchy about the details as to why he was shot at. Scoring drugs seems unlikely as it was Tonys job to do that for Keith. Perhaps it's just Keith trying to portray the hard man image.

At his worst, Keith also had to score himself in NYC.

I also remember Bill Wyman saying he scored for Keith a few times.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 9, 2017 09:05

Re the drug programme in the UK - I think Marianne must have been registered for this. She had no income and is adamant that she did not prostitute herself to pay for her drugs. She was an addict for a number of years.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 9, 2017 10:28

Bliss
Re the drug programme in the UK - I think Marianne must have been registered for this. She had no income and is adamant that she did not prostitute herself to pay for her drugs. She was an addict for a number of years.

Perhaps she was in relationships with men who could provide for her drugs and perhaps she wasn't on drugs the whole time. Did she have any record royalties ?? Did she perform at all during these years ?? Did Mick help her out to keep her silence over their relationship.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-09 10:32 by stone4ever.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 9, 2017 10:43

stone4ever
Bliss

Perhaps she was in relationships with men who could provide for her drugs and perhaps she wasn't on drugs the whole time. Did she have any record royalties ?? Did she perform at all during these years ?? Did Mick help her out to keep her silence over their relationship.

I doubt she had no resources to finance at the time or was an out and out homeless person either. Like Keith, she tends to over dramaticise situations in her past life.
Some modest record royalties; some moneyed contacts;boyfriends. She managed to travel, eg Paris around the time Jim Morrison croaked.
Oh yes,and did interviews eg for Scaduto's book on Mick, released 1973/74.
Not sure when she started getting some composer royalties for Sister Morphine?

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 11, 2017 02:48

No word, oh well... I'm not going anywhere.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: March 11, 2017 03:19

Thank you, I (for at least one) appreciate the update even if there is not much report, it is still interesting smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-11 03:44 by HankM.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 11, 2017 09:50

jlowe
stone4ever
Bliss

I doubt she had no resources to finance at the time or was an out and out homeless person either. Like Keith, she tends to over dramaticise situations in her past life.
Some modest record royalties; some moneyed contacts;boyfriends. She managed to travel, eg Paris around the time Jim Morrison croaked.
Oh yes,and did interviews eg for Scaduto's book on Mick, released 1973/74.
Not sure when she started getting some composer royalties for Sister Morphine?

She didn't do any new work from 1969 to 1977; her albums prior to 1977 were her 1960s pop songs. She may have gotten royalties from these. She was addicted from 1969 or even earlier; I don't recall when she cleaned up. It's very possible that Mick gave her some financial support during those years. He bought her mother a cottage. She had lost custody of her son, so she wasn't getting any child support from John Dunbar. She recounted with shame that she slept with Tony Sanchez in exchange for drugs; he took a more romantic view of their liaison.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 12, 2017 01:13

I admit I ignored this post originally, but some thing prompted me to have another look, and will now look to buy the book.

Sounds a good read, but looks like a bit of fantasy in there.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 12, 2017 19:26

Didn't Marianne write in her book she was registered in that programme? What I remember from her book is that I got the feeling that she was really poor and out on the street at that time, which I found rather odd for such a prominent person. Should all that be exaggerated?

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home