Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mandy Aftel's book on Brian - general consensus and/or your own opinion?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 11, 2017 11:52

Palace Revolution 2000
Silver Dagger
By commentators I mean those connected to the Stones at the time, however remotely, who come out and voice opinions rather than facts. There were only ever a handful of people in the Stones' inner sanctum who really knew the truth about Brian's decline and exit.
By pure chance I went out with the daughter of the psychiatrist who treated Brian towards the end but obviously he did not want to talk about his former patient.

This is what is so sad: that all the people outside of the band; the ones who would be able to have a more objective view of Brian WITHIN the Stones, are all gone. Michael Cooper, Tara Browne, Spanish Tony, A. Korner.
I do think Bill Wyman seemed to be close to Brian. Just read his second book again. He speaks of Brian a good bit; there is a lot about the Big 3 (Mick, Keith, ALO) vs. Brian, seen from his POV.
Just want to add - were I to want to write something on Brian nowadays; maybe try to find some insight - Bill Wyman would be the one I talk to. Wyman is really getting up there.

I think you could count on one hand the people left alive who could give an accurate - and truthful - account about Brian's last years and demise in the Rolling Stones.

By virtue of this happening so long ago and especially at the height of the 60s hedonism those memories are more than likely to be distorted now.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 11, 2017 19:57

Their observation/experience/memory was probably dIsToRtEd at the time too. grinning smiley

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 13, 2017 13:32

Bliss
swiss
Bliss
The older Stones books have considerable value because people's memories were fresher then and also because of the availability of some of those interviewed, eg Stu.

Mandy Aftel is an exceptional woman.

Bliss,
Agreed: she seems to be! (Do you know her?)
- swiss

Not personally, but I have followed her work and own one of her earlier Grandiflorum fragrances.

Wow - pretty amazing! She is the perfume maker to the stars, apparently. Tell me more about her work you've followed -- what are some standouts?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home